Apple
3.9 of 5 3,091 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Apple Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 163 reviews
  • "Great benefits, awesome staff, lots of people to pick up shifts if you don't want to work"
    in 158 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 142 reviews
  • "sometimes long hours because of product launches, but thats the best part of apple"
    in 121 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I've been there for 11 years, and I am still going to work everyday, we work on things people really love.

Test Engineer III (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

ProsWe get to work on the products that people have real emotional commitment to, and thats something amazing to be part of.

Consits a lot of work, and there is a lot of dues to pay before one should expect a promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as we continue to do what we are have for the last 14 years have been doing, we will continue to be a great company

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple

ProsI wouldn't have been able to obtain the knowledge I got elsewhere. Definitely the most engaging thing on my resume.

ConsApple Retail is hit or miss when it comes to management teams. It can be a great experience if you get the right people!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually make the career path from retail to corporate legitimate. It really feels like a lie. No "programs" that will "eventually" get you there, give your own employees first dibs at the jobs in the company. As a mentor, I felt like I was lying when I said there was a definite career path to corporate.

Great people

Part Time Specialist (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

ProsThe people you work with at the retail level are pretty amazing.

ConsEven though its a good work environment it's still retail at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementApple's retail arm can sometimes feel like a dead end job. Find away to keep the excitement about working for this company alive as you go forward. Sometimes I feel a little disposable.

Great at first, then you learn about how little leeway you are given.

AppleCare At Home Advisor (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Apple

ProsWork at home, discounts to Apple and other places, knowledge of new products, being able to say you work for them, very thorough training.

ConsLittle understanding when sick or need to take a personal day - will fire you without question in you go over 3 missed days. Unforgiving about technical issues and will make you pay for them to be fixed. Not flexible with schedule -- will have you work at inconvenient times. Very high expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more lenient with sick days! Offer more training when needed. Pay for necessities like "ergonomic" chair (couple hundred dollars that is required) and cover technical costs for messed up phone lines. Also, give phone/internet reimbursements on time.

not bad, but where do you go from here?

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Apple

ProsGood pay, work with great people, stimulating environment,

ConsNo real upward mobility. A LOT of repetitive tasks, i.e. showing people the basics over and over again, swapping out iPhones all day.

Apple is a great company to work for.

Technical Support Agent (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apple

ProsApple has the absolute best culture in the business, hands down. The benefits are amazing especially for such a low position in the company. You work from home which is very nice on gas. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, Internet reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, 401k plans.

ConsThis job is very near the bottom of the totem pole. As a technical support advisor you hear every complaint from both the customer as well as management. Most people expect apple products to be perfect which wears on you. The pay is average.

Apple A.SJ.

Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

ProsPeople, products, being on the cutting edge, never a slow period

Conssecrecy of new products, lack of promotion from within

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the incompetent management, there are a number of talented individuals waiting in the wings

Exciting products, really fun employees

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at Apple

ProsAlways one of the first people to get your hands on new products. Tons of excitement and energy around product releases that make you hyped to be a part of the Apple team. Tons of inept customers truly respect your technical skills.

ConsNo speculating about rumors or potential products, even though you want to. Company is growing so fast that they can't keep up with customer demand in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome hires are baffling. I understand the need for diversity, but I'm not sure how the mental capacity to perform technical basic functions is a skill they don't always look for.

Amazing experience with co-workers and clients.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Apple

ProsA work environment that allows you to be yourself. The people that you work with and work for make the experience what it is.

ConsThe pay could always be better, but in Apples case, they have so many people who would love to work there, that they can offer a less competitive salary and still get great employees. The environment and work keep people around, but the salaries in certain rolls only permit someone to go so far.

It is Fantastic

Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Apple

ProsNo Pressure, Fun Environment, Great culture , they give you a chance to thrive in their company and advance to higher positions

Consi really dont think there are any cons it is really a fantastic place to work. In time the money will be better

Advice to Senior Managementalways strive to further develop your newer employees after training so they pick up on the proper techniques and policies

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 208 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.