Apple Reviews

3.9

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 241 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 147 reviews)

More Highlights

I've been there for 11 years, and I am still going to work everyday, we work on things people really love.

Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

We get to work on the products that people have real emotional commitment to, and thats something amazing to be part of.

Cons

its a lot of work, and there is a lot of dues to pay before one should expect a promotion

As long as we continue to do what we are have for the last 14 years have been doing, we will continue to be a great company

Decent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

I wouldn't have been able to obtain the knowledge I got elsewhere. Definitely the most engaging thing on my resume.

Cons

Apple Retail is hit or miss when it comes to management teams. It can be a great experience if you get the right people!

Actually make the career path from retail to corporate legitimate. It really feels like a lie. No "programs" that will "eventually" get you there, give your own employees first dibs at the jobs in the company. As a mentor, I felt like I was lying when I said there was a definite career path to corporate.

Great at first, then you learn about how little leeway you are given.

Current Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Work at home, discounts to Apple and other places, knowledge of new products, being able to say you work for them, very thorough training.

Cons

Little understanding when sick or need to take a personal day - will fire you without question in you go over 3 missed days. Unforgiving about technical issues and will make you pay for them to be fixed. Not flexible with schedule -- will have you work at inconvenient times. Very high expectations.

Be more lenient with sick days! Offer more training when needed. Pay for necessities like "ergonomic" chair (couple hundred dollars that is required) and cover technical costs for messed up phone lines. Also, give phone/internet reimbursements on time.

Great people

Current Employee - Part Time Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The people you work with at the retail level are pretty amazing.

Cons

Even though its a good work environment it's still retail at the end of the day.

Apple's retail arm can sometimes feel like a dead end job. Find away to keep the excitement about working for this company alive as you go forward. Sometimes I feel a little disposable.

not bad, but where do you go from here?

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Good pay, work with great people, stimulating environment,

Cons

No real upward mobility. A LOT of repetitive tasks, i.e. showing people the basics over and over again, swapping out iPhones all day.

Apple is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple has the absolute best culture in the business, hands down. The benefits are amazing especially for such a low position in the company. You work from home which is very nice on gas. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, Internet reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, 401k plans.

Cons

This job is very near the bottom of the totem pole. As a technical support advisor you hear every complaint from both the customer as well as management. Most people expect apple products to be perfect which wears on you. The pay is average.

Fun at first, politics at the end

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

You get paid high in the beginning. Coworkers are fun to work with. Get to meet a lot of interesting people in the silicon valley stores.

Cons

People hired after you get paid more and you can't discuss pay with management because you sign an agreement not to reveal your pay to other specialists. Fearless feedback is a joke. I've gone through giving fearless feedback only for no change to happen.

Listen to your employees when they give you fearless feedback. We know how much our coworkers make so don't belittle us with less pay. Experienced specialists should get paid more than inexperienced, not the other way around.

A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though.

Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA

I worked at Apple

Pros

-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons

-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Allow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

This is a job that does not annoy me. I am proud to go to work

Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Salary and benefits package are the best in retail

Hours are very flexible

Environment is very clean and enjoyable

No "dress code" or uniform

Cons

Very high paced environment. Sometimes stressful

Since Apple is such a high volume business there is a lot to keep track of

Some information has a hard time being dispersed among employees

Please do a better job at communicating to us in a timely manor! You guys do a great job of actually providing the information but getting it faster would be great.

Amazing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Best Ever in the world.

Cons

Best! Crazy good in every way

Great job. Keep it up.