Apple

www.apple.com

Apple Reviews

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

I've been there for 11 years, and I am still going to work everyday, we work on things people really love.

Test Engineer III (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsWe get to work on the products that people have real emotional commitment to, and thats something amazing to be part of.

Consits a lot of work, and there is a lot of dues to pay before one should expect a promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as we continue to do what we are have for the last 14 years have been doing, we will continue to be a great company

Great at first, then you learn about how little leeway you are given.

Applecare At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsWork at home, discounts to Apple and other places, knowledge of new products, being able to say you work for them, very thorough training.

ConsLittle understanding when sick or need to take a personal day - will fire you without question in you go over 3 missed days. Unforgiving about technical issues and will make you pay for them to be fixed. Not flexible with schedule -- will have you work at inconvenient times. Very high expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more lenient with sick days! Offer more training when needed. Pay for necessities like "ergonomic" chair (couple hundred dollars that is required) and cover technical costs for messed up phone lines. Also, give phone/internet reimbursements on time.

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI wouldn't have been able to obtain the knowledge I got elsewhere. Definitely the most engaging thing on my resume.

ConsApple Retail is hit or miss when it comes to management teams. It can be a great experience if you get the right people!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually make the career path from retail to corporate legitimate. It really feels like a lie. No "programs" that will "eventually" get you there, give your own employees first dibs at the jobs in the company. As a mentor, I felt like I was lying when I said there was a definite career path to corporate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun at first, politics at the end

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou get paid high in the beginning. Coworkers are fun to work with. Get to meet a lot of interesting people in the silicon valley stores.

ConsPeople hired after you get paid more and you can't discuss pay with management because you sign an agreement not to reveal your pay to other specialists. Fearless feedback is a joke. I've gone through giving fearless feedback only for no change to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they give you fearless feedback. We know how much our coworkers make so don't belittle us with less pay. Experienced specialists should get paid more than inexperienced, not the other way around.

This is a job that does not annoy me. I am proud to go to work

Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSalary and benefits package are the best in retail

Hours are very flexible

Environment is very clean and enjoyable

No "dress code" or uniform

ConsVery high paced environment. Sometimes stressful

Since Apple is such a high volume business there is a lot to keep track of

Some information has a hard time being dispersed among employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do a better job at communicating to us in a timely manor! You guys do a great job of actually providing the information but getting it faster would be great.

Amazing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) State College, PA

ProsBest Ever in the world.

ConsBest! Crazy good in every way

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job. Keep it up.

Great people

Part Time Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people you work with at the retail level are pretty amazing.

ConsEven though its a good work environment it's still retail at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementApple's retail arm can sometimes feel like a dead end job. Find away to keep the excitement about working for this company alive as you go forward. Sometimes I feel a little disposable.

not bad, but where do you go from here?

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGood pay, work with great people, stimulating environment,

ConsNo real upward mobility. A LOT of repetitive tasks, i.e. showing people the basics over and over again, swapping out iPhones all day.

Apple is a great company to work for.

Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsApple has the absolute best culture in the business, hands down. The benefits are amazing especially for such a low position in the company. You work from home which is very nice on gas. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, Internet reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, 401k plans.

ConsThis job is very near the bottom of the totem pole. As a technical support advisor you hear every complaint from both the customer as well as management. Most people expect apple products to be perfect which wears on you. The pay is average.

Apple A.SJ.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople, products, being on the cutting edge, never a slow period

Conssecrecy of new products, lack of promotion from within

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the incompetent management, there are a number of talented individuals waiting in the wings

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!