Apple Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2011's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
3.7

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 243 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 148 reviews)

More Highlights

If you love Apple products, it's an amazing place to work. The compensation and growth potential is lacking.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Work with some of the brightest and most passionate people in today's workforce. Great culture of hard work, passion, and innovation with less bureaucracy than other large sized companies.

Cons

Certain departments are lax on reviews and feedback on areas of improvement needed. Everyone is so busy there are often times that room for professional development is put on the back burner. Apple often hires senior positions from outside the company so room for growth is limited.

Focus on professional growth for employees to enable them to move up within the company. Deal with the fact that many employees know other high-tech companies provide larger comp packages (focus on the non-monetary benefits of working for Apple).

Apple retail is fun (for a while)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is a fun yet challenging place to work

Cons

retail hours get hectic sometimes

It varies from store to store.

Firmware development for Apple products

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer III in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer III in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You get a chance to work with teams where management & engineers are very Intelligent and Hard working. Go Apple :)

Cons

Certain HR benefits are less compared to other companies but other than that I don't see any other downsides of working @ apple. This is a great place to work and grow in your career.

Management makes all the right decisions on a timely manner and always produce products of high quality in the market. I think providing more benefits to company employees would be the advise from my side.

Love Apple

Former Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

Company is the greatest ever.

Cons

I wish they gave more hours

give more hours

Fun to be part of something great, but you won't get credit for much

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Very exciting products and a bright future.

Cons

Most employees are treated as replaceable parts.

Employees want to have ownership but middle management is so busy managing up they don't allow workers the freedom to do their jobs proactively. Managers just don't trust their staff to make them look good to senior management... that's really your primary task.

8 out of 10 on NPS

Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Genius in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Very good place to work. Great benefits, great co-workers. Most of all especially since Apple products are such a hot commodity their retail and corporate sectors has weathered the economic woes over the last few years. So... I think that explains it!

Cons

Since I work in the retail sector it's very demanding and can be very redundant. The products and services pretty much sell themselves. There's no real challenge for me at this company in my position anymore.

Do not make something harder than it needs to be.

Kind of a Con

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Apple

Pros

The benefits package is amazing. Medical, Dental, Vision, an insane employee discount for you and your family, as well as a variety of discounts at other stores and venues. Being a specialist is super-easy.

Cons

The Family Room Specialist position is a total con. When it was offered to me, it was referred to as an entry-level position, yet it is a position that those who start as specialists are promoted to. The work is backbreaking, requiring a significant deal of knowledge and an ability to take abuse from customers. You don't get to just chat with customers about cool speaker systems. You have to deliver the bad news. You have to be able to deal with pissed of customers, work quickly, be creative and sharp. It's a huge step up from the specialist position, and although it requires only a tenth of the technical skill required to be Genius, it requires just as strong an ability to work with angry, upset and confused customers with broken tech. Yet you make less than half of what some of the geniuses make.

Stop acting like counselors at summer camp. Yes, there are a lot of college-aged kids working at the store, but there are plenty of adults there who deserve to be treated as such. Also, try and hide the favoritism a little bit. Not because it makes employees who aren't favorites feel bad, but it makes you look like really weak leaders.

Apple

Former Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Most interesting and challenging work of my career.
    Technology is ground breaking

Cons

Work load incredible
    Information sharing in company is not so good

Keep up the good work

One Hell of an Internship

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

* Beer bashes! Free beer!
    * Intern Activities. They took us out to ballgames, a party boat in the bay, and other fun stuff.
    * Doing REAL work. I was given an actual project to complete and demo to our VP. Awesome!

Cons

Seriously, there is no downside to working here as an intern. You'd be very very very crazy not to accept!

There is nothing I can think of that would help my leadership. The closest thing might be to make sure managers keep up on their intern's work.

analyst at apple

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

proud of the hardware and company brand

Cons

hard to get a new req open

instructions need to be more clear