Apple
3.9 of 5 3,436 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Apple Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments"
    in 195 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 185 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 168 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 131 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I've been there for 11 years, and I am still going to work everyday, we work on things people really love.

Test Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

ProsWe get to work on the products that people have real emotional commitment to, and thats something amazing to be part of.

Consits a lot of work, and there is a lot of dues to pay before one should expect a promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as we continue to do what we are have for the last 14 years have been doing, we will continue to be a great company

Amazing

State College, PA

ProsBest Ever in the world.

ConsBest! Crazy good in every way

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job. Keep it up.

Fun at first, politics at the end

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou get paid high in the beginning. Coworkers are fun to work with. Get to meet a lot of interesting people in the silicon valley stores.

ConsPeople hired after you get paid more and you can't discuss pay with management because you sign an agreement not to reveal your pay to other specialists. Fearless feedback is a joke. I've gone through giving fearless feedback only for no change to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they give you fearless feedback. We know how much our coworkers make so don't belittle us with less pay. Experienced specialists should get paid more than inexperienced, not the other way around.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people

Part Time Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe people you work with at the retail level are pretty amazing.

ConsEven though its a good work environment it's still retail at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementApple's retail arm can sometimes feel like a dead end job. Find away to keep the excitement about working for this company alive as you go forward. Sometimes I feel a little disposable.

Apple is a great company to work for.

Technical Support Agent (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsApple has the absolute best culture in the business, hands down. The benefits are amazing especially for such a low position in the company. You work from home which is very nice on gas. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, Internet reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, 401k plans.

ConsThis job is very near the bottom of the totem pole. As a technical support advisor you hear every complaint from both the customer as well as management. Most people expect apple products to be perfect which wears on you. The pay is average.

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

ConsRetail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though.

Specialist (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

Pros-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

not bad, but where do you go from here?

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee)
    Fresno, CA

ProsGood pay, work with great people, stimulating environment,

ConsNo real upward mobility. A LOT of repetitive tasks, i.e. showing people the basics over and over again, swapping out iPhones all day.

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI wouldn't have been able to obtain the knowledge I got elsewhere. Definitely the most engaging thing on my resume.

ConsApple Retail is hit or miss when it comes to management teams. It can be a great experience if you get the right people!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually make the career path from retail to corporate legitimate. It really feels like a lie. No "programs" that will "eventually" get you there, give your own employees first dibs at the jobs in the company. As a mentor, I felt like I was lying when I said there was a definite career path to corporate.

Exciting products, really fun employees

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee)
    Durham, NC

ProsAlways one of the first people to get your hands on new products. Tons of excitement and energy around product releases that make you hyped to be a part of the Apple team. Tons of inept customers truly respect your technical skills.

ConsNo speculating about rumors or potential products, even though you want to. Company is growing so fast that they can't keep up with customer demand in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome hires are baffling. I understand the need for diversity, but I'm not sure how the mental capacity to perform technical basic functions is a skill they don't always look for.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 208 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.