Apple Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

3.8

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Environment to be in. Fast pace, people are friendly, and everyone is easy going.

Former Employee - Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

A place for a lot of growth, great experience with peers, and management. A lot of information is available through peers and training.

Cons

The cons were sometimes I felt that management was very biased on who was to get promoted and it got some people mad.

Instead being biased on who to promote, look at the numbers, examine the people on the floor of how they treat , and handle customers. Also , to look how well they are doing the other stuff like merchandising etc.

Engineering Director

Current Employee - Director  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple places a very large priority on innovation
    The people I work with day to day are very smart, creative, and highly motivated to produce killer products

Cons

Secrecy makes it hard to do my job
    Isolated nature of product teams means that more often than not multiple teams are producing nearly the same product

Better coordinate amongst the senior management layers so that we place all efforts behind one or two contenders for a solution rather than having our resources spread across 6 or 7 efforts all working in secret.

Life of a Salesperson without the title or rewards

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apple

Pros

* Readily available knowledge
    * Enthusiastic work environment
    * Very Selective Hiring Process
    * You for the most part can actually believe you are selling something you believe in
    * 25% off is a nice discount
    * Supervisors are looking to you to grow yourself

Cons

* The salary for the income you generate is negligible
    * Very limited openings to advance up to
    * If you let managers talk to you like a child they will take advantage of it

Deliver the goods to your people in a higher discount so that they can actually afford the products they sell on the salary they are paid.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside a Tornado

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You know you are becoming part of something great, pride in showing off the products you work on to your friends and family. Ability to change outcomes. Working with some of the smartest people on the planet.

Cons

No work life balance. Average benefits package for a company that is doing so well. High stress environment. Low emphasis on family - no company event with family!

Recognize that work life balance is important. Benefits compared to other companies of comparable size are average. Encourage cross geography movement of employees to spread the culture

Best place to do retail...period

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Having worked other retail, I can say I've never found the level of respect and training as I have at Apple. Sharp leadership and unparalleled products.

Cons

Very high standards and high volume of customers. If you lack people skills, don't even bother applying

none

long interview process

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

-great opportunities to advance
    -relaxed, calm atmosphere
    -relaxed dress code
    -discounts and in-store advantages
    -interesting and fun co-workers
    -lots of great learning experience

Cons

there really aren't any bad things to say.

thank you.

Apple Retail

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great company culture, excellent reputation. Lot of opportunities to work with intelligent people and interesting customers. Excellent training for certain positions.

Cons

Unclear career path for retail employees. Office politics and gossip are prevalent in most retail environments. Management often unfamiliar with culture/products.

Hire people who understand the culture and products already, and retain the people that embody those ideals. Offer continuous education and allow employees to take advantage of the program.

Good pay for part timers.... Bad hours

I worked at Apple

Pros

The best technology in the industry. Really nice stores and culture. Once you are in it is a really stable job.

Cons

The hours are only delivered two weeks in advanced so if you have a strict schedule it can be hard.

More transparency for part timers. Their employees are never in the loop. That would really help job satisfaction for employees.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple

Pros

One of the best work environments I've ever been in. If you talk to people and are friendly then you will be just fine!

Cons

The store does get full and your managers will forget your brakes unless you remind them. Sometimes all the Apple confidentiality gets a bit annoying when speaking with customers.

Great job guys! Apple was the best place I've every worked and if I ever have an opportunity I'll be back

You're on your own

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

exposure to leading edge technology, intelligent co-workers, generous employee stock purchase plan, on-site fitness center, excellent food-pellets at Cafe mac

Cons

no internal job alternative process, management makes no effort to find ongoing projects for employees when re-structuring occurs - employees are on-their-own

promote teamwork rather than pit employees against one another for opportunities - share project information across teams and respect the integrity and honesty of the staff

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!