Apple Reviews

206 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

1. Love Apple to death, but promotions are unfairly dealt with.

Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is Apple. Working there and garnering your blue tee shirt is enough to make anyone jealous. It is extremely hard to get a job here, but once you're in, it's the best.

Cons

Apple is Apple, but retail is not exactly what you'd think. You're either literally offered promotions, or you're not. You can work as hard as you can, and magically, people with lesser experience will be promoted before you. If you can be among the magically promoted few, all the more power to you. If you're not, you will definitely know.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to take experience and overall knowledge into account when deciding promotions and hires. There is not a process for promoting from within. I have been at Apple for two years, and I have not seen a clear way to be seen by management as someone worth promoting.

2. Wonderful

Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is the greatest place to work in the world

Cons

The number of people who come to the Apple Store is sometimes overwhelming.

Advice to Management

None

Apple is a fast growing, fast developing company that inspires employees and customers to be better all around.

Current Employee - Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The people are great, the atmosphere is enticing, the product is desirous, and the job is fun. I am a people person and a tech nerd and love getting paid to talk about a product that I love and provide great service to people that I know will find value in what I do and the product they buy. The company is at the forefront of technology and has endless potential with an increasing customer base. Great company to work for and work with as I develop myself and do my best to help my peers grow too.

Cons

Biggest con is the fact that its retail, not always the best hours, but management works with us for our schedule. Not enough time in the day to develop myself in order to progress from position to position because the traffic is so heavy. I need to take more initiative in this area however. Could find some ways to help retail employees have more incentive: free products or fun, non-customer affected contests (not suggesting commission, but metric based things...?)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to encourage us to develop and pursue what we want out of this company!

Amazing

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Apple

Pros

I get to learn more about Technology more, and of course I get to use or see never seen before stuff..

Cons

Well..There's almost nothing..But if I need to choose sometimes or usually there is so many people that comes in so that it is really hard..

Advice to Management

I think it is always smiling.. being nice..Just be in a good mood so that customers will be happy too

6. Amazing so far

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The experience has been amazing and to sum it up in one word, it's been because of the people.

Cons

Nothing so far! It's been a great experience.

Advice to Management

Continue the vision of Steve Jobs and make our company continue to be amazing and innovate.

7. Fun environment to work

Current Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS
    Current Employee - Specialist in Ridgeland, MS

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Fun work environment. Opportunities to grow within the company are limitless

Cons

I haven no experienced any downsides to working at Apple yet...

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing because it works well!

Awesome place to work coolest technologies on earth

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Excellent colleagues Immense growth Cool technologies Nice projects Can switch to various teams

Cons

No free lunches, gym etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work !!

9. Uhmazing...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The overall experience is unbelievable.

Cons

retail hours and working holidays.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

10. Awesome people and a great atmosphere.

Current Employee - Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Apple

Pros

If you enjoy fast paced environments and always having to think on your feet, it is the perfect place for you.

Cons

There are no cons for working here.

Advice to Management

N/A

I have had a lot of fun, have learned a lot and working at Apple has definitely been a great experience.

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Salem, NH

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple provides their employees with great growth opportunities. The management lets you achieve and develop on your own, without pushing or prodding you into roles you don't necessarily want. They expect you to own your own development and to push yourself to be better.

Cons

While Apple pays better relative to other retail environments, considering Apple's massive cash assets and the knowledge their employees are expected to display, I would expect them to compensate their employees somewhat better. Apple's attitude on the matter is that their work environment is an "experience" which is as rewarding as cash compensation. While I understand and appreciate the value of this work environment, you can't pay the bills with "experience."

Advice to Management

I would consider compensating employees better. I have seen far too many extremely talented and dedicated people leave Apple simply because another position pays much better.

Showing 206 of 5,361 reviews