Apple Reviews

3,700 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,967 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

One of the Best jobs I have ever had.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I worked at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to help those who do not know anything about computers. it is a very enthrilling job and I loved every minute of it. I would have loved to keep the job, but I couldn't with all my personal events.

Cons

Some people are idiots and it can be hard to work through their problems with them. If they do something that causes them to lose all of their data then they blame you.

Great job!

Great mission, but career development is difficult

Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Believe in the mission. Everyone is focused on delivering the best product to Apple's users.
    * Very collaborative
    * Great perks
    * Cafe Macs has amazing food
    * Every well financially compensated
    * Social responsible company

Cons

* Politics can get in the way of work progress
    * They haven't figured out how to do continuous integration at their scale. Lots of wasted time on non engineering configuration.
    * Living-on program is basically having everything you use: your phone, computer, apple TV, Xcode, etc. broken 70% of the time.
    * Engineering management is reactive. They under invest in testing, automation and continuous integration. As a result loads of productivity is wasted at the company and the organization constantly misses QA sign off on features.
    * Employee growth is not valued, only current contribution. Very difficult to change roles, work on something as a side project or have impact outside your immediate team. No ability to work on actual projects/apps outside of work due to contract.

Invest proactively in your software development process to increase productivity.
    Encourage employee growth, thats where innovation comes from.

Great team, learn as you go

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are positive and always watching you to help if need be. The team I worked with were the hardest working group of people I have ever come across. Pretty much every one covers your back for help with something you don't know or if you get into a difficult situation with an irrate customer....and there are plenty of those.

Cons

The manangement is always watching you. You have 10 seconds to greet someone at the entry and if you aren't on it, they are on you. Everyone is being watched at all times and listens on to what you are saying. Learning on the floor is painful as you aren't given the time to learn and if it is slow and you work on any of the devices to pick up a tip, you are spoken to about it. The company says they use what's called 'fearless feedback' which is supposed to mean that you can talk to them about what's not working or whatever is on your mind (if you can get time with them), but what it really means is basically everyone spying on one another...not a supportive environment given how hard everyone works.

It's retail and everyone needs a minute to breathe, including the customers! Some of them are terrifeied to come into the store coz they know they will be bombarded immediately.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Free to Dream..

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Apple provides you with the opportunity to not only grow as a professional, but also as an individual. I didn't have the opportunity like others did coming up, but Apple has given me multiple opportunities to develop into who I'm becoming.

Cons

Apple expects the best out of you everyday, and consistently performing at a high level can be stressful at times.

Continue to promote from within. Don't be afraid of taking a risk on your people.

Fast paced, challenging but growth and benefits amazing

Current Employee - Lead Genius  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Genius in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation, benefits and discounts as well as the company culture.

Cons

Work life balance is good, but the typical retail schedule sucks.

Awesome

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

Great work ethic and culture

Cons

Tough to get into the Supply chain sector

Invest in hiring entry level grads

A must at some point in your life

Current Employee - Apple Expert  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Apple Expert in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the type of place that after you leave even though i was able to substantially change my way of living I will always regard the times I worked at apple to be some of my favorites. The pay was great for retail and the environment was amazing. Great people to work with. Great benefits. Getting an interview after leaving is extremely easy just doing well and working hard at apple as an expert opened up huge doors.

Cons

you reach a ceiling where you can't grow anymore and can't make anymore money. There is no commission so selling millions is great but didn't get me much more than those selling thousands. Management is becoming more and more rigid.

Stick to your original morals. Remember that a happy employee is a happy customer. let loose. have fun.

Magical retail job.

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Loved my team, managers and overall job exp. Great company to work for when the rest of the tech industry is flat.

Cons

It is still retail. And you have the schedule and crabby people that go along with that.

Not your average retail

I have been working at Apple part-time

Pros

Low key environment compared to other electronic retail companies

Cons

High traffic in the store can sometimes be a bit overwhelming but the management does a good job at making sure everyone is ok and staffing well

Working but not really

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, easy going environment
    The job is super easy if you're passionate about good computers

Cons

The hours are long, you don't get weekends off

Keep being great

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!