Apple Reviews

3,873 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,120 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 241 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 147 reviews)

More Highlights

Best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - IOS Apple Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IOS Apple Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people!
    Everyone from management to cafe staff are welcoming and they're a creative bunch that truly believe in Apple, in Apple's culture, and in the products.
    Plenty of opportunities to network with the beer bashes and other employee enrichment events
    The pay is phenomenal and the benefits are amazing
    Apple truly cares and treats you like a family member no matter what
    Management IS truly there to help you advance and hone your skills and make you a better person
    They're so involved with community and health issues and it's good to see a huge company such as Apple giving back and caring for their employees and their families
    Not your regular 9-5 desk job!! They emphasize fun and they mean it. Yes, it's corporate but the atmosphere is laid back and the campuses in Austin are HUGE. You'll see anyone on any given day with a hula hoop in one hand and their MacBook Pro in another
    Love love loooooved this job!
    I truly felt like I was improving my customer's lives and I even cried with one customer because she was so happy! This is a great feeling.

Cons

Sometimes it could get stressful because the customers could be quite demanding but there was always someone there to help you out on the other end
    Work/Life balance could be a bit hectic but as long as you showed up when you needed to be there and didn't abuse the absence policy you were fine :)

Keep up the great work!

��

I worked at Apple

Pros

Apple is cool and i love tim cook he is funny and cool , thank you apple for every think

Cons

Apple is awesome , apple is my favorite company and is best company ever! iPhones are best in the world

Cult Culture, Outstanding People, Supportive HR

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brand name, opportunities, networking, Benefits, ability to transition into different groups, and personal growth

Cons

Difficult to get promoted, very flat structure, compensation is not as high as it should be for the amount of work that is being down

Build better internal tools/systems, promote better work/life balance, and get more involved in the development of your line-level employees

Great people, great products, great benefits

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work alongside are the greatest people in the world. If your like retail, there's no better place to work.

Cons

Transparency between corporate and retail stores.

There isn't much time to allow for personal development time while not directly in role, and everything is very "gray" in terms to getting promoted past manager level.

Apple prides itself on owning your own development, but that looks different for each store, and there's no true assessment of one's qualifications and promotion.

More transparency

Best Team I've Ever Worked With, but...

Former Employee - Apple Retail - Expert
    Former Employee - Apple Retail - Expert

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Best, most high-energy, passionate group of people you will ever work with. We have fun with each other, and with the customers, and it's a good atmosphere. People come to Apple Stores because they love Apple. People work at Apple Stores because they love Apple. It makes for a good environment.
    -Great Health Benefits. Premiums are less than $100 per month for full dental, health, and vision
    -401(k) plan with matching (Apple matches 50% of 6% that you put in, from day one, and it goes up as service time goes up)
    -15% off of Apple Stock twice a year
    -25% off one Mac per year, 25% off one iPad per year, etc...15% off 10 Macs per year, 15% off 10 iPads per year...etc...and unlimited 10% off of anything in store. Also, pretty strong discounts on third party products from time to time. (like 40% off Bose, etc.) Also, additional $500 off after the 25% off Mac once every three years. So you can basically get an $1800 Mac for $850 once every three years.
    -Tuition Reimbursement (which may be getting enhanced to cover PT employees as well as FT)
    -Good hourly wage (plus overtime) in a retail environment. New PT Specialists start at around $14 per hour, and you can be making $17-19 after 3-4 years if you get promoted to an Expert (sales leader) , or get promoted to Genius (technician) or Creative (Trainer). Usually get about a 4% raise every year. But that depends on how you do. And if you can cut through the red tape to get there.
    -The only metrics they look at are AppleCare attach rate, One to One attach rate, and accessories sold...and they really don't ever have a conversation with you if you're doing poorly (or well, for that matter)
    -It's a pretty "cushy" job. Products sell themselves. Just come to work, do your job, and you'll be fine.

Cons

It's busy. Really busy sometimes. Expect to stand on your feet all day, all shift. And the floors are mostly hard concrete/rock. You are required to work two days out of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and one additional day. As a FT employee, I had both of my days off during the week, and worked pretty much every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each store may be a little different, though, so ask if you are concerned. Promotions are difficult. Hard to get to where you want to go, and definitely no clear path to management. Lots of politics and grudges held. When I left, I was still being reminded of mistakes I had made 3 years ago. Also, Leadership can tend to micromanage. I suspect that this is different in each store. Some customers are tough customers who have overly high expectations. The hours are lousy, especially during the holidays. Sometimes you might work 3pm-12am, even though the mall closes at 10pm. Expect 5x 9 hr. shifts during your week, with one hour unpaid lunch each shift and two paid 15 minute breaks each shift. But don't expect to go to lunch on time, or to take your 15 minute breaks on time, because you probably won't. Apple is in some hot water for this out in California. You aren't paid commission, bonus, or anything, just hourly, so no matter how well you outperform everyone else, you get the same pay. I never heard of anyone, save for maybe three people out of 170, not get the standard 4% raise.

Do not play games with our livelihoods. Be upfront and honest about where we are, and what the opportunities are and how to get there. Actually help us to get there. I understand that the "journey is the reward" but it seems strange to me that I would be a top 10 sales person at the store I worked at and not be recognized monetarily.

Pay attention to who is doing well and who isn't doing well, and reward those that are doing well.

Also, stop sending us cheap hooded sweatshirts at Christmas time as a "bonus". While I appreciate Apple swag, the company has billions in the bank. Reward your hard working employees with a small monetary bonus during the holidays. It's insulting to receive a $3 sweatshirt at Christmas. At least give one additional share of stock.

#!

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Its the best! Keep up the great work team

Cons

none at all writing this bothers me

Fun

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great people, benefits and place to work at

Cons

Schedule can be tough because of consistency

Good company

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Inspiring and working on great products. Responsible for something that has a great impact.

Cons

Heavy secrecy. Harder than other companies to grasp the big picture.

Greatest Retail Experience Out There!

Former Employee - Apple Expert
    Former Employee - Apple Expert

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, strong company culture, self development and growth are strongly encouraged, awesome staff, competitive pay, excellent benefits (health care, stock purchase, 401k, etc)

Cons

Hard to grow with the company into a management position--they are currently hiring a lot externally for leadership positions, which was really devalue the experience one has gained after 3 or 4 years with the company

This place was awesome!

Former Employee - Specialist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Money, Latest Apple Tech, Life Long Friends, Networking, the customers

Cons

.....Apple had no real cons. Everything you experienced there was what you made of it.

Keep it up. I loved you guys.