Apple

Apple Reviews

3.9

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 246 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 215 reviews)

Cons
  • Time off needs to be requested well in advance making work/life balance a challenge (in 252 reviews)

• Work can be very demanding with long hours depending on the group you are in (in 151 reviews)

More Highlights

It is the single best job place i have ever worked

Current Employee - Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great benefits and discounts and life experiences are that are unparalleled.

Cons

I can't think of any...

Uhmazing...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The overall experience is unbelievable.

Cons

retail hours and working holidays.

keep up the good work.

Innovative products and very busy work.

Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great innovative products and just security with low stress.

Cons

Very busy and am underpaid compared to competitors

Need to make the sales process more efficient.

Fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Engineers at Apple get to make real contributions that will benefit tens or hundreds of millions of people everyday. That's awesome. Everyone makes substantial contributions to one or more products. I think incredibly highly of all of my co-workers. They do some of the best engineering work I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Products go out the door on a schedule. Those schedules can be aggressive. If you can't deliver, you are left behind.

Awesome people and a great atmosphere.

Current Employee - Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Apple

Pros

If you enjoy fast paced environments and always having to think on your feet, it is the perfect place for you.

Cons

There are no cons for working here.

N/A

Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, great people, great pay, great experience, overall just a great time, good fellow employees, 8 bucks a month for a gym membership, definately one of the best companies to work for, its great & i love it!

Cons

I cant think of any, they give out free apples to employees, cons would just be those that apply to all companies in general, whatever that may be!

it would be super awesome if volt employees could also use the gym! oh and maybe all employees would get free iPhones? haha just sayin :)

very nice at working with apple

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

good to work with apple

Cons

nice to work with apple

Enriching Lives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is unlike any other. Not only that, but the amazing collection of personalities, minds and atitudes that make up the Apple family make it impossible to enjoy yourself while working. Putting smiles on a persons face after showing them something new is just an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

The only downside of working at Apple is the fact that I have to go home at the end of the day. I honestly love this company.

The management team at Apple are the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure working with. At previous jobs, I always felt somewhat daunted when approaching management. I used to feel that managers didn't care about me. But my sentiments have changed. At this company, the management team feels almost like the advisory feeling you would get from a grandparent. They're calm, understanding and caring. If every company operated at a fraction of the way Apple does then the world would be a different place.

Setup for success

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

Cons

Things can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Getting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

Cons

Retail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

It is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.