Apple Reviews

3,745 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,026 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't "Think Different". Don't think at all.

Former Employee - Specialist and Back of House Specialist  in  Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist and Back of House Specialist in Huntington, NY

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounts. Health benefits for retail after 6 months.

Cons

Management is an absolute atrocity - Conniving, heartless, and without morals. Forced to work long hours without legal breaks, quick turn-arounds "clopening", complete disregard for state/federal workplace health and safety. Disrespect, no appreciation, completely unvalued.

Show your employees respect, and appreciation - mine never did. Jump in and be a part of it, don't just stand idle laughing as they drown in consumer purgatory.

Each day a little piece of your soul is taken

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sweet discounts, excellent healthcare. Cool work environment. The pay is decent.

Cons

In the retail side of things you are a punching bag for a lot of upset customers at the Genius bar. For instance, if a customer spills wine on their 2000 dollar computer you are the one that gets to break the news that the warranty does not cover liquid damage. And the kicker is that that person then can go home and Give you a poor review that affects your yearly raise and eligibility for promotion. Most stores are obsessed with metrics and NPS scores. It makes for an extremely volatile and stressful work. Management is disconnected with what is actually on the workers mind. Apple Retail claims to act on feedback, but after 2 years with them what I learned is that they are only prepared to listen to certain feedback. If you critique the way things are being done at a large level you get a pre prepared response and no changes are made. Once you get to be a genius there is no room for advancement whatsoever unless you are the perfect apple poster child with near perfect NPS

Consider dissolving the NPS measurement system. It's unfair, inaccurate and frankly the sole reason I left.

Great opportunities, terrible management

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, training. I got very good at sales very quickly.

Cons

Management. Half the management team were educated and came from strong sales backgrounds. These people were great, and really valued success on the floor. The other half were career retail, and didn't have the same standard. I felt discriminated against by these managers because of my education and background. Regardless of my success, I knew that I was experiencing prejudice based off my long-term opportunities outside of the retail floor. It doesn't matter how many higher-ups tell you you are being groomed for corporate, the second the retail floor finds out, you're screwed.

Apple is also stagnating as a company. They're innovation is slowing down, and I always felt like I was lying to customers about the products.

Chill out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre at best

Current Employee - Technical Advisor
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

This job hired me with no technical support experience, I only had to pass an online test. The training was intense and had no tolerance policy for ANY absence. It is an opportunity to get your foot in the door for technical support. And to prove, if you haven't had measureable success before that you can learn impressive amounts and maintain strict attendance and statistical requirements. The job, as a whole, is stressful but can be rewarding.

Cons

It was not worth it at all for 10.35 an hour. There are only positions available through a temp agency. You go through an intensive training and learn products inside out. Then a 2 week additional on-the-job training. They also create a competitive environment during training for shifts but are not careful with keeping scores and attendance. The management was absolutely inattentive and I have never felt more like 1 in 1000. They had us sign an attendance policy 2 weeks after it went into effect. And did not provide a copy. Ultimately, it was the actual physical room that made me leave. No natural light.

Care more

My experience was absolutely dreadful.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Apple products...if that is a pro. The job does pay pretty well if you can avoid putting a gun to your head for long enough to deposit your paychecks.

Cons

Basically everything else. Everything from the management down to the customers...absolutely painful. I have no idea why Apple is so highly rated. Apparently I forgot to attend the employee brainwashing sessions.

Quit while you're behind.

Great Pay, Bad Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Educational

Cons

Lack of Work/Life Balance, Management can sometimes be very micro managing.

Disappointing experience but then again, they fired even their founder

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

convenient of working from home

Cons

misleading job post and unsupporttive management

define a culture that employees can trust in your willingness to support them from the time you hire them and throughout. by doing that you will have employee morale and if employees are happy, your customers are happy.

Despite the reputation, the amazing products and the glossy stores: one horrible place to work

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits, name recognition and a small discount

Cons

Little or no chance of advancement. For a company that claims "our soul are our people" they work you like a dog, and make little or no effort to help grow their staff.

Better pay. Real schedules. You need to you re-vamp your internal process for advancement...oh and stop treating the front line retail staff like cattle.

There's no sugar-coating retail, no matter how valuable the company may be.

Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store)  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits for San Francisco employees. Free parking and public transportation are huge pluses.

Cons

Spoiled, privileged customers, coupled with severely underpaid and overworked employees working inconsistent hours in a constantly noisy and crowded store. Along with intentionally prohibitive management on corporate career paths provides very little incentive, motivation and morale for employees to care about anything.

Tim Cook and his board runs a tight ship, makes the company profitable and has no need to care about expendable retail employees. No matter how its employees are treated, Apple Retail will always be the shining beacon to those who have never worked within its walls.

I will never work retail, ever again.

Your employees can't pay rent with pretentious "thank you's," no matter how much you think you mean it when you say it to them.

discrimination at it's finest

I worked at Apple as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment with co-workers in the US, open atmosphere, good training opportunities

Cons

Apple is not the same Apple overseas and they will blatantly discriminate against you if they don't like you because you're different. I was roped into taking a job for them in Europe and from day one, I dealt with a jealous, combative, paranoid, discriminating boss that was so 'un-Apple' it was almost frightening. This resulted in a lawsuit which they lost. I'll leave it at that.

Stop allowing managers to discriminate just because it's hard to find employees.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!