Apple Reviews

3,877 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,123 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 243 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 148 reviews)

More Highlights

dissapointing and received no support. Graduate programme is useless. (You just a sales consultant)

Former Employee - Graduate Programmer in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Graduate Programmer in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Apple is a successful company which gave me the impression it would provide great opportunities.

Cons

No support, expectations are ridiculous and graduate programme was not a graduate programme. After studying and receiving your degree you just a sales consultant and all training is only beneficial to the company. No support for students who still study.

Worst experience ever

Former Employee - Developer in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Developer in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits and discounts are good considering the price of the devices

Cons

Management unable to understand employees needs
    No respect for employees
    Career opportunities are given only to manager's friends - no meritocracy at all

Learn to respect and motivate people

Don't "Think Different". Don't think at all.

Former Employee - Specialist and Back of House Specialist in Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist and Back of House Specialist in Huntington, NY

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounts. Health benefits for retail after 6 months.

Cons

Management is an absolute atrocity - Conniving, heartless, and without morals. Forced to work long hours without legal breaks, quick turn-arounds "clopening", complete disregard for state/federal workplace health and safety. Disrespect, no appreciation, completely unvalued.

Show your employees respect, and appreciation - mine never did. Jump in and be a part of it, don't just stand idle laughing as they drown in consumer purgatory.

Each day a little piece of your soul is taken

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sweet discounts, excellent healthcare. Cool work environment. The pay is decent.

Cons

In the retail side of things you are a punching bag for a lot of upset customers at the Genius bar. For instance, if a customer spills wine on their 2000 dollar computer you are the one that gets to break the news that the warranty does not cover liquid damage. And the kicker is that that person then can go home and Give you a poor review that affects your yearly raise and eligibility for promotion. Most stores are obsessed with metrics and NPS scores. It makes for an extremely volatile and stressful work. Management is disconnected with what is actually on the workers mind. Apple Retail claims to act on feedback, but after 2 years with them what I learned is that they are only prepared to listen to certain feedback. If you critique the way things are being done at a large level you get a pre prepared response and no changes are made. Once you get to be a genius there is no room for advancement whatsoever unless you are the perfect apple poster child with near perfect NPS

Consider dissolving the NPS measurement system. It's unfair, inaccurate and frankly the sole reason I left.

Great opportunities, terrible management

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, training. I got very good at sales very quickly.

Cons

Management. Half the management team were educated and came from strong sales backgrounds. These people were great, and really valued success on the floor. The other half were career retail, and didn't have the same standard. I felt discriminated against by these managers because of my education and background. Regardless of my success, I knew that I was experiencing prejudice based off my long-term opportunities outside of the retail floor. It doesn't matter how many higher-ups tell you you are being groomed for corporate, the second the retail floor finds out, you're screwed.

Apple is also stagnating as a company. They're innovation is slowing down, and I always felt like I was lying to customers about the products.

Chill out.

Mediocre at best

Current Employee - Technical Advisor
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

This job hired me with no technical support experience, I only had to pass an online test. The training was intense and had no tolerance policy for ANY absence. It is an opportunity to get your foot in the door for technical support. And to prove, if you haven't had measureable success before that you can learn impressive amounts and maintain strict attendance and statistical requirements. The job, as a whole, is stressful but can be rewarding.

Cons

It was not worth it at all for 10.35 an hour. There are only positions available through a temp agency. You go through an intensive training and learn products inside out. Then a 2 week additional on-the-job training. They also create a competitive environment during training for shifts but are not careful with keeping scores and attendance. The management was absolutely inattentive and I have never felt more like 1 in 1000. They had us sign an attendance policy 2 weeks after it went into effect. And did not provide a copy. Ultimately, it was the actual physical room that made me leave. No natural light.

Care more

My experience was absolutely dreadful.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free Apple products...if that is a pro. The job does pay pretty well if you can avoid putting a gun to your head for long enough to deposit your paychecks.

Cons

Basically everything else. Everything from the management down to the customers...absolutely painful. I have no idea why Apple is so highly rated. Apparently I forgot to attend the employee brainwashing sessions.

Quit while you're behind.

Great Pay, Bad Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Educational

Cons

Lack of Work/Life Balance, Management can sometimes be very micro managing.

Disappointing experience but then again, they fired even their founder

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

convenient of working from home

Cons

misleading job post and unsupporttive management

define a culture that employees can trust in your willingness to support them from the time you hire them and throughout. by doing that you will have employee morale and if employees are happy, your customers are happy.

Despite the reputation, the amazing products and the glossy stores: one horrible place to work

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, name recognition and a small discount

Cons

Little or no chance of advancement. For a company that claims "our soul are our people" they work you like a dog, and make little or no effort to help grow their staff.

Better pay. Real schedules. You need to you re-vamp your internal process for advancement...oh and stop treating the front line retail staff like cattle.