Apple

4,107 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,274 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 246 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 215 reviews)

Cons
  • Time off needs to be requested well in advance making work/life balance a challenge (in 252 reviews)

• Work can be very demanding with long hours depending on the group you are in (in 151 reviews)

More Highlights

Unique and set apart from the rest!

Current Employee - Creative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Creative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Great people. Great opportunities

Cons

Lack of communication. Lack of administrative competency.

Wouldn't trade it with working for ANY other company

Current Employee - Operations in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, team is amazing, management is wonderful, constantly learning on a daily basis. You work with people who are as passionate about what they do as you are- who are determined and destined for great things. Work life balance is great- yes when you need to complete an assignment you are expected to as you should! But if you're always on top of your game and know how to manage your time it's incredible! Vacation, stocks, health benefits, etc.. Are wonderful!

Cons

I wouldn't want anything changed as of right now. I do hope that all managers and teams are as amazing as mine!

Thank you!!

Innovative culture, fun work environment

Former Employee - Procurement in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Procurement in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

work to produce products that can change the world, and be respected everywhere.

Cons

work too many hours, put a terable strain on my family

keep micro management to a minimum, and understand the limits of individuals alowing time enough for projects

Best in retail

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, great people you work with in a very diverse environment. Opportunity to grow and do different roles. Awesome company to put on a resume.

Cons

High stress level. Even though pay may be a lot better than other retailers sometimes doesn't feel enough for what you do. Management like to micromanage at times. Can be demanding around holidays and products launches.

Trust your team more. Make them feel you have confidence in them that they can do their job.

Greatest place to work at

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very very passionate and proud of their works. Super nice environment, very unique culture. I learned a lot working with all these great engineers. Definitely love it!

Cons

they just love the work too much to take rest. ha, a little pressure before release but you know that's something makes difference. Cafe is terrific, except for waiting line is a little long while rush hours

just great, keep being awesome!

working at an apple store

I have been working at Apple

Pros

great benefits, amazing people to work with and the perks are awesome

Cons

weird hours, no really life b/c you work different days all the time

Endless opportunities and competitive benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are THE best I've had as far as price and coverage go which says something as my current employer is a medical insurance carrier and benefits are 3x as expensive. Once in the door there are endless opportunities whether retail or corporate.

Cons

Expect to be working a heavy amount of OT during product releases and the holidays. Some may not be a fan of this but you are compensated well for holidays and OT. The company will also provide lunch and such on days like these.

An exciting learning experience to propel you to higher things

Former Employee - Apple Genius in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Apple Genius in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of resources to learn new things related to and around Apple, so it's a huge plus if you love their technology. An arguably reasonable salary as compared to other retailers. Amazingly talented people that is mostly consistent amongst all the retail stores. Product discounts. Busy environment that really challenges your people skills.

Cons

Slow to assimilate to the growing demand for support. No higher management leadership on how to provide an insane amount of customers with an amazing support journey, this results in a "too many Chiefs, not enough Indians" mentality

I can't really criticize store management because they're spread thin as it is. So I'll give advice to staff: work there, learn as much as you can, fight for the time to do so, and when you feel you've peaked, move on. It's an amazing stepping stone to bigger better things once you see what a career revolving around technology is like. Don't rely on the stores to get you in the doors of that new Spaceship Campus building. Learn and develop, flee the nest on good terms then when they want you back it'll be feel real good. The career in the store is great if store management is a goal. It wasn't for me. I grew very content in my role as a Genius, but the journey to get there was very exciting.

Life Altering.

Current Employee - Genius Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Genius Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great teammates, wonderful camaraderie. Gold standard of health benefits.

Cons

Retail is retail. It can be a bit stressful dealing with other peoples perception of what "they're entitled to" ...

Lead by example. Empathy and compassion towards your employees gets you results you never dreamed of.

Amazing place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Leader in innovation, product development and launch process. Truly global team and global impact.

Amazing executive team wicked smart with hearts in the right place.

Benefits second to none.

Cons

Has become a huge company that has lost it's former cult-like culture. Kind of jumped the shark in this regard.

Salaries are good but not great. Offset by amazing stock performance.

Some people are eager to step on or manipulate anyone to make Director and be the heavy in the room. Not in all groups but some. Not sure how to fix this. Just a fact. Settles down at VP level.

Look to promote amazing performers, not just loud ones.