Apple Reviews

3,912 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,147 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 241 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 205 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 245 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 149 reviews)

More Highlights

Genius administrator at apple

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The benefits outweigh the cons

Cons

The benefits make you not want to leave

The product is amazing, and so are the people who work there.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is fun, the products are fantastic, and they teach you how to use all of them.They pay well, and offer many opportunities for advancement, and the benefits are amazing.

Cons

Make sure to consistently have a positive attitude, and sometimes it may take a long time to get promoted depending on what you're going for.

Fantastic

Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting hired at Apple has to be one of the best things that have ever happen to me!
    Extremely flexible with scheduling, the vibe from my team members alway keeps me going, and the acknowledgment of hard work you put in is appreciated.
    Best retail job hands down!
    Also, the benefits and pay is great especially for a college student.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about!

More communication with team members on floor, especially when it comes down to communicating with a customer.

Passion for Apple

Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is awesome and managers at Apple do not micromanaged you. The hourly rate is great in comparison to other retailers as well. Many discounts on products in the store and offer great medical discounts are offered by Apple which is great.
    Also, there is major opportunity for development within the company which makes it a great place to start your career.

Cons

Cons is the promotions within take a long time because there are so man people trying to get promoted at the same time as you.

Awesome company for growth

Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The possibilities are endless in this company. Almost every month there are different positions that are available for you to apply. The culture is extremely laid back. The managers (most) really care what you have to say and work with you to meet your career goals and help you develop into an awesome leader.

Cons

I'd say it is very difficult in some departments to be noticed, considering there are LOTS of people that do exactly what you do. Overall what I am trying to say its you absolutely have got to be the BEST or innovative (which is key) to be noticed and can get a promotion or raise. My opinion, a 5-10% increase in the current salaries / per hour increase would be just fine considering that we work our butts off.

Keep up the good work. Management is excellent. Maybe focus more on career building.

Moving

Former Employee - Specialist in Greenwich, CT
    Former Employee - Specialist in Greenwich, CT

I worked at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great people and benefits. constant excitement and new changes to keep you stimulated

Cons

limited pay and career advancement

Fun for short term, although limited progression and repetitive after a while.

Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Apple part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are what make this job - they are smart, social and savvy (mostly).

Great discount and a company I'm proud to say I've worked for.

Excellent training - not only about the products but with dealing with customers.

Cons

The job itself can get very repetitive after a while.

Whilst, the company values are good, it can sometimes get a bit happy-clappy. It seemed that you're promoted and assessed on your willingness to conform to a set of strict values, rather than your ability.

Limited progression.

As with any retail job, it can be difficult to get holiday off around Christmas.

Felt short-staffed at times.

As my time at Apple went on, the autonomy I had in my role continually shrunk until I felt like a cog in a wheel. The low point was when John Browett was in charge - don't let that disaster happen again!

2 years Specialist 1 year Family Room Specialist

Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent caring management. Many options for advancement to mid tier positions. Excellent benefits.

Cons

No set schedule. Not many options for advancement above mid tier positions. Some positions misclassified as mid tier when they ought to be higher tier and higher pay due to job intensity and difficulty.

Recognize that Family Room Specialist is a harder job than Genius and pay them equally.

��

I worked at Apple

Pros

Apple is cool and i love tim cook he is funny and cool , thank you apple for every think

Cons

Apple is awesome , apple is my favorite company and is best company ever! iPhones are best in the world

Great people, great products, great benefits

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work alongside are the greatest people in the world. If your like retail, there's no better place to work.

Cons

Transparency between corporate and retail stores.

There isn't much time to allow for personal development time while not directly in role, and everything is very "gray" in terms to getting promoted past manager level.

Apple prides itself on owning your own development, but that looks different for each store, and there's no true assessment of one's qualifications and promotion.

More transparency