Apple

3.9 3,536 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,874 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,536 Employee Reviews

I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people in the retail computer business.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Victor, NY

ProsMy co-workers made the job worthwhile.

ConsConstant crush of customers -- this store is always busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromange, there is already enough pressure to get the work done. Managers also need to assist more and never throw employees under the bus, just for the pleasure of the nasty customers.

Hoping to spend the rest of my career at Apple!

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsApple is a company that thrives on smiles. This makes for an extremely encouraging environment in which employees support each other and the customers love being in the Apple store.
    Long story short, the staff is like a big family encouraging each other to succeed and thrive.

ConsIf you don't like smiling, enjoying your job, and being given the tools and encouragement to succeed, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with what you're doing because Apple has crossed every T and dotted every i.

Specialist

ProsApple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy.

ConsNot enough room for development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Apple

Expert (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood people. Really honest company.

ConsLots of buzz words that management throws out but doesn't act on sometimes but its not terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the last two years people stopped moving up from within the company.

Great place to work.

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere and great people.

Conswork-life balance can be difficult.

Advice to Senior Managementmore interaction with staff needed.

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Open minded atmosphere
    Personal Growth
    Good Compensation

ConsFast past work environment
    Less hours if your part time
    Performance sometime based on customer feelings
    Learning other Job roles

Great place to work which attracts smart, intelligent people but politics are everywhere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsWorking at Apple is a great experience as it is one of the iconic companies of this era. It is a very cool place to work with many of the perks that Silicon Valley is known for. People are friendly and helpful and there is a real passion for the kind of products that makes Apple what it is today.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent and there is something of a clash between the old Apple and the new. With such explosive growth comes a whole bunch of issues that make things more challenging than they should be. It is a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience Senior Management does not support their teams as they should.

Specialist (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent people, culture, and pay

ConsNot too many opportunities to grow within or beyond the store.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Pros-Very flexible with shifts. You can work days off and days on (as long as you can switch with someone).
    - It's a very laid back job, as long as you do your job, there really isn't anything to worry about.

Cons-You have to be on top of your sales, especially on selling Apple Care and taking care of business sales.
    -Dealing with a few customers daily, but that's given when working anywhere in retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work looking after the new one's. Without the help from management, advancing up the chain wouldn't be easy.

Great Company

Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) Wellington, FL

Pros- Great Work Culture, Chill environment, Stores are very clean and nice to work in, Selling products that I use and love
    - Great Pay (Starting was $13.55 an hour in FL)
    - Great Benefits (6% 401k match, amazing product discounts, health insurance was top of the line)
    - Great job for straight out of college/younger people
    - Many opportunities to train in a different job
    - 95% of the employees are great people, amazing backgrounds
    - Never felt like I was micromanaged
    - Lots of breaks

Cons- Employees are allowed way too much creative license (sometimes can be wacky/unprofessional with customers and do not get in trouble for it)
    - Getting a promotion to another position/or full time work is definitely possible, but extremely time consuming, mostly based on how long you have been there, not necessarily how good you are at your job, many people worked there 2-3 years just to get full time for a basic specialist position
    - Part time hours not nearly enough to live off of unless you are 30 or under, unless you can live very cheap
    - Managers are hit and miss, some were the greatest in retail, some were dull and had a BestBuy type mentality
    - Flawed NPS system (This is how you are evaluated)
    - A handful of employees are "cultish", and believe that no other company can offer a better job/if you leave apple you are nuts/etc
    - About 5% of employees were very lazy/never do there job, management would never say anything, since these people knew they could not get fired

Advice to Senior ManagementBe harder about disciplining employees who are disrupting work flow of others/or not doing any supportive work, way too much "hands off" approach from managers regarding that.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!