Apple Reviews

1. Great in the beginning

Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in San Jose, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Discount. The Pay is great for retail. Vacation time. Ability to try out new product before anyone else. Free software.

Cons

At first it was amazing. Now its turned into the GAP. it is retail and i understand that but make it fun again. don't concentrate on numbers give employees development help them grow ... let us wear flip flops n have a lot of earrings. bring the old apple back.

Advice to Management

Forget about MobileMe one 2 one and apple care.. each of these will sell if the customer needs. make sure every employee leads. send them to apple corporate no matter the cost it is worth it to build up and give them a sense of pride. offer a proper exchange into apple corporate. Give your employees incentive to move to corporate and hire more of them. Apples stopped growing because you are taking people from microsoft and other companies that know nothing of the ideologies that once made apple amazing..

2. great place

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

great company, great people, vibrant env

Cons

you have to dedicate yourself, its a 24/7 thing

3. wonderful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

great 401 k benefits, flexible schedules, great people to support you, comfortable work environment, very understanding time and attendance policy

Cons

i have no complaints as of yet.

5. Hope you drink the cool aid

Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple is one of the most innovative companies in the world. Being part of it is fun and interesting. Every day I learn something new and amazing about mac computers and devices. Full time benifits are great.

Cons

You have to completely buy into to the "Apple Speak" if you want to move up in the company. They say we are not a numbers driven company, but when it comes to promotions and pay raises you are partially based on those numbers. Also if you don't hit the numbers you get hassled about how you can position it better. Also to move up, they expect you to take on much more responsibility with out pay bumps or promotions. For example a sales specialist will be expected to order things for the break room. Incoming specialist get paid around $11 an hour with out commission. in a 6 month period I alone brought in $250,000 to the company. At a 1% commission that's $2,500! Plenty of people hit $1 million for the year!

Advice to Management

I was up for a promotion to an FRS position, I was by far the most qualified. The manager told me that "You haven't paid the price of admission." After being with the company for a year, pulling long hours doing overnights and launches, I haven't paid the price of admission? All because I am not going to grand stand my accomplishments, and because I am not willing to sell One To One to people who don't need it. We are supposed to be thinking about our customers, but the managers at my store only have the numbers on their mind.

Good For Tech Support I Guess

Current Employee - Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Apple

Pros

I can't complain about the benifits or the pay. Also other people think it's cool. Working at home is nice. Customers are very nice compared to other call centers. Lots of perks.

Cons

It's still a phone tech support job and that is still awful even at Apple. In fact it might be worse because management does not have your back and is often reactionary to minor statistical fluctuations that don't persist over a day or so. Management often seems unfamiliar with the process of how we do our job and is a source of misinformation.

Advice to Management

Here is how statistics work: If you average a 14 minute hold time over several months, one day of having a 15 minute hold time on the first of the month does not mean that you suck now. At least wait a few days to see if the trend holds up. Also do research before giving bad solutions.

Apple gave me quite an opportunity and experience overall.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Incentive Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Incentive Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Casual work environment. Management accessibility. Opportunities exist. Dynamic environment. Never boring. Great cultural diversity. Pride in products and innovation. Prevalence of team effort. Generally great co-workers.

Cons

Substandard compensation. Poor work/personal life balance. Constant focus on whether your departments is considered one of the privileged, company-essential ones. Benefits have been considerably downsized.

Advice to Management

Think more of what you can invest in your employees and you'll reap the benefits. Loyalty, dedication and appreciation should go both ways.

It has been a great ride.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Salary, cooperation among different groups, ethics, and bleeding edge work.

Cons

Lately, a lack of equipment to do the job and excess secrecy/security.

Advice to Management

Lighten up - we're not leaking secrets. Stop being cheap with the tools we need to work.

Very competitive, keeps you on your toes.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The caliber of most my co-workers is exceptional.

Cons

Not sure what to put as a negative.

Advice to Management

To much internal competitiveness distracts us from competing with our real business competitors.

I learned much more than I expected to grow as a programmer.

Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great recognition. Opportunity to work in a huge, impactiful company. Be surrounded by incredibly smart co-workers.

Cons

Too much secrecy. Company is not open to share information and knowledge between departments

Advice to Management

Give a little more feedback on the performance of the employee

11. Apple is a horrible place to work if you love the product.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great access to new and cool technology. Great to work with young people my age and share knowledge. Fantastic if you like helping people through problems or teaching them how to use their devices.

Cons

Horrible management structure. Some "Specialists" are not keen on the techno lingo...which creates problems for the "smart" ones in the store that end up fixing mistakes for everyone. No flexibility in management rules.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest. No caddy bs. And please be on the same page. It is very annoying to play the "mom vs dad" game when trying to help out a customer.

Showing 206 of 5,352 reviews