Apple Reviews

3,750 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,030 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing retail environment

Former Employee - Specialist  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun job, great culture, great pay for retail.

Cons

Not as many full-time opportunities.

Apple is the most amazing company I have EVER worked for.

Current Employee - ITunes Support
    Current Employee - ITunes Support

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is great, the benefits are great, they treat their employees like gold.

Cons

There are really no cons working for Apple. I cant think of even one! They are just an all around amazing company to work for and to do business with. They really know how to win people over!

Innovative company with an amazing culture.

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You work with some of the most creative people ever. Major job security. An environment where you can grow if you play your cards right (can also be a con though).

Cons

Working in retail, especially on the flagship level, can sometimes makes you lose sight to what Apple is really about. You're always "on stage" and can easily burn out smiling and being bubbly all the time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations program manager

Former Employee - Operations Program Manager  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Program Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have chance to manage operations from development builds to ramp to mass production for high volume cool new products. Challenging work but get a lot opportunities to gain experience in Operations management and Supply Chain management. Get chance to work with a group of smart people and learn from them.

Cons

Long working hour, demanding corporate culture, no work-life balance.
    Too much travel time, especially during new product ramp.

Adjust corporate culture to allow some level of work-life balance
    Provide more opportunities to employee to grow

Great experience

Current Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits, training, people, promotions, stock

Cons

management, driving, location, no weekends, no holidays

no thanks.

Apple care customer service

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

It wonderful to work from home and work 4 days a week at 10 hours so you get 3 days off a week.

Cons

Its difficult to keep from getting lonely or cabin fever when working from home.

Apple is a dream company! Amazing entry level tech job, but learning potential is limited at the retail level.

Current Employee - Mac Genius
    Current Employee - Mac Genius

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, benefits, flexible schedules. The culture of the company is outstanding, you are inspired to be the best you can be, and there is growth opportunity. Management drives for high performance, but in a positive way that eliminates unnecessary pressure and encourages collaboration and helping peers. Your colleagues are smart and fun, there is great camaraderie and healthy competition between coworkers. You will master people skills in a short amount of time.

Cons

The technical skills you can acquire from Apple as a retail tech support consultant fell short of my expectations. Erratic, inconsistent retail schedules can be hard to deal with over time. Apple is so successful that the stores are often crowded beyond comfortable levels. The Genius Bar is very stressful due to the huge volumes of traffic you have to handle. Managing upset customers all day long can emotionally wear anyone down, so the job demands high mental fortitude.

Great Part-time job

Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

I hold a job within another profession and got a job as a red zone specialist. The management team was understanding and work with me around scheduling hours. They is also a lot of opportunity to increase your knowledge and advice within the company.

Cons

The only negative were when store meetings would happen before your shift. It made for a long day.

Mind-expanding.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a Specialist on the Sales Floor of a very busy and tiny Apple Store. Learning curve was tremendous and challenging and completely outrageously fun. I was being paid to know every wonderful thing about Apple products and services and to share my enthusiasm with interested consumers. Perks were few and far between but appreciated nonetheless. No promotion sought; was a part-timer. Compensation; pretty low.

Cons

Weekends and nights and holiday drudgery for Apple Retail. 12 hour shifts Black Friday. Corporate did not appreciate Retail Employees enough. Blanket emails sent to every employee giving the 'entire' company off except Retail was unappreciated.

I left because I had a very difficult time attending mandatory meetings on 7 weekends in three of the four quarters of the calendar year. (Who knows how many meetings were coming in the fourth quarter!) I would still be there today, learning and truly helping and guiding people with years of knowledge and advice about these unmatched computers, mobile devices, services and 3rd party products. The company management was inflexible. It was a difficult decision to leave.

One of the BEST places to work

Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Metrics based and goal driven grading
    options to work from home
    good location
    cafeteria
    gym
    transportation or shuttles

Cons

can be long hours
    very stressful
    hard to get in or seen

make it easier for people to directly apply with Apple without all the entry level jobs being through a staffing company.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!