Apple

Apple Reviews in Toronto, ON

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Lots of possibilities

Genius (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe best part about working for apple is its People and culture

ConsThe worst part is working Retail hours and weekends

Great Place - Great people

Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAwesome group of people. lots of talent. family oriented.

ConsGets too busy. can get stressful and overwhelming during busy seasons

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Best company to work for

FT Sales Specialist, IPhone Expert, Bus Ambassador (Bus Sales) (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWorking at Apple truly does not feel like working at all. You are with people that truly love to be there and do not drag their feet in to work everyday. That feeling you get when spending time with family during a fun occasion or with friends at a party...this is what it feels like to work for and at Apple.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about working for this fantastic company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's always good to speak to your team if they are in a rutt. Don't direct them on what to do...ask them how you can help them through it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A world-class organization providing a world-class work environment

Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsChallenging, dynamic, ever-changing, diverse work environment. Everyday you go to work, you go in thinking you're ready. The moment you hit the floor, you realize time and time again, there's no way you can truly prepare for what comes at you. You just gotta work hard

ConsWhen you come back home, you feel pretty drained, That being said, it can also be a good thing since you'll get a good night's sleep.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing ... providing us such an amazing and accepting work environment.

Great company, Great People, Great Environment

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOver, working at Apple Retail is an awesome experience. The training is fantastic and really thorough, the management are supportive and provide feedback constantly, and the people you work with are (for the most part) fun and easy-going. It can get crazy in the store at times because it's usually super packed with customers, but the facilities and processes that Apple has in place make it easy to get things done faster, simpler, and more efficient.

ConsGrowth is definitely there but you're constrained to the roles in a retail environment so eventually it seems there would be no were else to "grow".

A surprisingly great place to work ... just remember to follow the rules...

Personal Shopping Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- Flexible Work Schedule
    - Great Staff
    - Great management teams
    - Great pay
    - Great philosophy
    - Great work environment
    - Feedback from employees is appreciated by management and acted upon

Cons- Communication from Top to Bottom is sometimes lacking (however management knows this and is taking steps to resolve it)
    - The place is surprisingly "mechanical" - lots of processes and procedures. Like they say, consistency is critical.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep working with employees to come up with solutions for issues in the stores and the company.

Apple retail, a quick insight.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWorking with as a team with unique and extraordinary individuals. Enriching the lives of customers and through living Apple Retail's Credo. Working with the latest and greatest innovative technologies and consumer products.Offering experiences that no other retail companies comes close to comparing.

ConsSome Customers have bad breath which makes it difficult to speak to them closely. Sometimes during busy periods, it is difficult to request time off (ie. summer before back to school and the holidays). Employee Purchases, for new take at least a month and have to be made online to receive Employee discount on products.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers have good and excellent customer service though as technology company, some managers require more technical training.

Apple retail is a nice job to have if you have your own side business. Don't even think about move up to corporate

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsMeeting a lot of cool people.

ConsToo many talented employers but too many less intelligent managers. I mean it.

Advice to Senior Managementto who? to Tim Cook? I like him but I want Steve back. Please bring him back to us.

Decent pay, but you earn it.

Expert (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCompetitive financial compensation, but you'll never be busier in your life. You will learn more about customer service and managing relationships than you ever have before.

ConsIt's still retail at the end of the day. There is a glass ceiling. It's very difficult to get into leadership roles, and even harder, near impossible to go corporate. Only 2% make it to Corporate. So many talented people had to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop brining in outside management. Promote your own people. Too many talented people have already left because they had to put up with political bs from ex-Gap, Pottery Barn, Old Navy managers who don't "get apple".

rewarding from a customer service perspective

Creative (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsPays pretty well for retail. Training (when you can get it) and opportunities (if you have a supporter) can be good. Products and services are outstanding.

ConsPolitical. Back stabbing. Cliques. Stores are crowded and noisy. Perks removed, apparently because of Steve Jobs. You definitely need to have an ally in management. Employees "spy" on each other in the name of "feedback." It's easy to get painted with the wrong brush. Rewards aren't as good as they should be for so many contributions to the bottom line. Like being in high school again.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try so hard to find fault. Some feedback was completely bogus. You seem keen to jump on the slightest "mistake," often before getting all the facts.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!