Apple Vacations

CEO

Good Experience

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company allows you to work from home after 1 year employment

Cons

work-life balance
    pay is too low

different than I thought it would be

Former Employee - Sales and Reservations in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales and Reservations in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Apple Vacations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some travel benefits, learn more about specific travel brands. Can work from home

Cons

pay was not good.some unrealistic goals for very little incentive. Make you work overtime during high time. Hired as work from home employee but never given opportunity until I said I would leave job.

offer more sales incentives and reward top producers

Leisure Travel company with mediocre executive management, antiquated technology and declining travel benefits.

I have been working at Apple Vacations

Pros

Traditional work environment, standard benefits, and positive outlook for company culture improvement since investment from Bain Capitol.

Cons

Lack of technology, poor communication between departments and other divisions within ALG, and the travel perks are rapidly declining.

Get a clue. Your staff resents you. No longer the Mullen fiefdom.

Terrible Company ( In my opinion ) - Run if you get an offer

Current Employee - Call Center Manager
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager

I have been working at Apple Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wow, tough one.... Probably the travel benefits. In my opinion this is one of the most dysfunctional companies I have ever worked with. In my opinion culture is terrible and getting worse.

Cons

Benefits are terrible, did away with purchased vacation time. Health Insurance is terrible and the 401(K) match in my opinion is way below industry standards. Human Resource Department is a joke, they are turning over their entire HR Department. No performance reviews or bonus plans. We have not seen the leveling we have been promised for months. Also, still nothing on career mapping, they preach hiring from within but post jobs externally.

Before you lose all of your good staff turn this thing around. Bain you should really look at what is going on.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic in Philadelphia! My manager is ver supportive, communicative and not a micromanager. The hours are great for my schedule. The FAM trips and staff specials are wonderful!

Cons

The pay could be better for the amount of training and knowledge that we have been given.

Up the pay. We are , thanks to you, knowledgable travel agents without commission, who are getting only slightly more than minimum wage. We could, quite literally, work at a fast food restaurant for more.

The atmosphere in the workplace is great. The staff that hires knows what they are doing. We are all friendly, open, interesting people who love to talk to other people about travel. The number one complaint that I hear amongst the res agents is the pay. It's too low given our knowledge.

Bring the speed of many of the ORD agents up to par with us so we don't have to spend time losing bookings while we fix their errors.

Our customer service is paramount to the TAs, they know that they can count on us to not miss picking up a transfer. We stand behind our name, and that's important. We come through, so they look good and keep booking with us.

All in all, I love working at Apple Vacations, but, given the pay, all it is doing for me is teaching me to go somewhere else to earn more money.

Good starting place, but the brothers are terrible

I worked at Apple Vacations

Pros

Travel and the people make it worth it. But that is all.

Cons

The pay and benefits are laughable. Communication is not there. You get little bits of hope and then a year goes by and it never comes true. The former owners now executives try to control all and make horrible business decisions. Its almost funny the money they waste and how some people work 70 hour weeks while others work not a second more than 40 hours. And that is only because they lie on their timecards.

You have talented employees. Respect them, pay them, and stop giving them awful benefits. They could help you grow but you stunt their growth and dont allow them any decision making. Its sad.

Good job, poor management

I worked at Apple Vacations

Pros

Flexible hours, option to work from home or office, travel opportunities, job itself pretty low stress.

Cons

Low pay, incompetent leadership, unqualified co-workers, training can be confusing at best, hard time holding on to quality people, current workers are always "right" even when they are wrong, high-school atmosphere.

Upper management needs to look at their team leads and supervisors and re-evaluate who & how they promote people. Pay more for the expectations set forth & offer more discounted travel options for employees.

Explosive Growth

Current Employee - Management in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been going through explosive growth with all of the recent acquisitions. It has very quickly become a global force in travel. We have seen a lot from the HR Department since ALG brought in a head of HR. A lot of career development, internal job postings.

Cons

Sometimes you are so busy you forget about the work life balance, my understanding is that Newtown Square is the only office where you need to wear a suite and tie. Creative people need to be comfortable and dress the way the want to be productive. Benefits are good not great, very interested to see what the HR team will deliver in benefits during the next open enrollment.

You are moving in the right direction, allow people more flexibility with the dress code. Keep proving growth opportunities.

Even VPs are leaving

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at Apple Vacations full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you like kissing someone else's behind and always having to look over your shoulder then this is the place for you.

Cons

the other guy was right. IT is a joke and project management is laughable. they paid consultants huge amounts and never got delivery. then they go an pay more IBM and still dont get anything. most of us were fired and our jobs outsourced, despite our years of service. they treat us like numbers, what would you be to them?

stop hiring consultants. build loyalty from within.

Beware and think 10 times before joing IT group

I worked at Apple Vacations (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everything outsourced, No challanges, relax and bag benefits..

Cons

Annoying staff, loud shouts, bad words fly around, IT is a joke, Project management is laughable, Unimplemented project, No growth, Clueless support and Infrastructure resources, Business user evalutes the technolgy, Many spent 15-20 years in basement office..

Fire the CIO and project manager and bring in the new talent. build a core IT team and let them drive IT.