Apple Vacations Reviews

CEO

1. Great place to work, very little micromanaging

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the environment. This workplace is very friendly and up beat. The travel benefits make this place a great place to start your career in the travel industry

Cons

Must work at least one weekend day(they are flexible with your schedule) can be a little repetitive

Advice to Management

All the supervisors are great and the managers are wonderful

2. “Changes to the Company ”

Current Employee - Director in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The travel benefits are awesome. AMResorts Management is great, as are most of the executives. The company has done well with all of the changes.

Cons

The person who posted the last review clearly has an issue with the former HR Director, who by the way resigned on his own was always dressed professionally and changed HR for the better. 99 % of the employees were sorry to see him go. The person who posted that is a coward, if he was so bad why did two key members of HR resign two weeks after he did.

Advice to Management

Find out who posted the last posting and fire that individual, these postings should be based on fact not opinion.

3. Good Experience

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company allows you to work from home after 1 year employment

Cons

work-life balance
    pay is too low

5. different than I thought it would be

Former Employee - Sales and Reservations in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales and Reservations in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Apple Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some travel benefits, learn more about specific travel brands. Can work from home

Cons

pay was not good.some unrealistic goals for very little incentive. Make you work overtime during high time. Hired as work from home employee but never given opportunity until I said I would leave job.

Advice to Management

offer more sales incentives and reward top producers

6. Leisure Travel company with mediocre executive management, antiquated technology and declining travel benefits.

I have been working at Apple Vacations

Pros

Traditional work environment, standard benefits, and positive outlook for company culture improvement since investment from Bain Capitol.

Cons

Lack of technology, poor communication between departments and other divisions within ALG, and the travel perks are rapidly declining.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Your staff resents you. No longer the Mullen fiefdom.

7. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic in Philadelphia! My manager is ver supportive, communicative and not a micromanager. The hours are great for my schedule. The FAM trips and staff specials are wonderful!

Cons

The pay could be better for the amount of training and knowledge that we have been given.

Advice to Management

Up the pay. We are , thanks to you, knowledgable travel agents without commission, who are getting only slightly more than minimum wage. We could, quite literally, work at a fast food restaurant for more.

The atmosphere in the workplace is great. The staff that hires knows what they are doing. We are all friendly, open, interesting people who love to talk to other people about travel. The number one complaint that I hear amongst the res agents is the pay. It's too low given our knowledge.

Bring the speed of many of the ORD agents up to par with us so we don't have to spend time losing bookings while we fix their errors.

Our customer service is paramount to the TAs, they know that they can count on us to not miss picking up a transfer. We stand behind our name, and that's important. We come through, so they look good and keep booking with us.

All in all, I love working at Apple Vacations, but, given the pay, all it is doing for me is teaching me to go somewhere else to earn more money.

8. Good starting place, but the brothers are terrible

I worked at Apple Vacations

Pros

Travel and the people make it worth it. But that is all.

Cons

The pay and benefits are laughable. Communication is not there. You get little bits of hope and then a year goes by and it never comes true. The former owners now executives try to control all and make horrible business decisions. Its almost funny the money they waste and how some people work 70 hour weeks while others work not a second more than 40 hours. And that is only because they lie on their timecards.

Advice to Management

You have talented employees. Respect them, pay them, and stop giving them awful benefits. They could help you grow but you stunt their growth and dont allow them any decision making. Its sad.

9. Good job, poor management

I worked at Apple Vacations

Pros

Flexible hours, option to work from home or office, travel opportunities, job itself pretty low stress.

Cons

Low pay, incompetent leadership, unqualified co-workers, training can be confusing at best, hard time holding on to quality people, current workers are always "right" even when they are wrong, high-school atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to look at their team leads and supervisors and re-evaluate who & how they promote people. Pay more for the expectations set forth & offer more discounted travel options for employees.

10. Explosive Growth

Current Employee - Management in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Apple Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been going through explosive growth with all of the recent acquisitions. It has very quickly become a global force in travel. We have seen a lot from the HR Department since ALG brought in a head of HR. A lot of career development, internal job postings.

Cons

Sometimes you are so busy you forget about the work life balance, my understanding is that Newtown Square is the only office where you need to wear a suite and tie. Creative people need to be comfortable and dress the way the want to be productive. Benefits are good not great, very interested to see what the HR team will deliver in benefits during the next open enrollment.

Advice to Management

You are moving in the right direction, allow people more flexibility with the dress code. Keep proving growth opportunities.

Even VPs are leaving

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at Apple Vacations full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you like kissing someone else's behind and always having to look over your shoulder then this is the place for you.

Cons

the other guy was right. IT is a joke and project management is laughable. they paid consultants huge amounts and never got delivery. then they go an pay more IBM and still dont get anything. most of us were fired and our jobs outsourced, despite our years of service. they treat us like numbers, what would you be to them?

Advice to Management

stop hiring consultants. build loyalty from within.