AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different(in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off(in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another(in 5 reviews)

The best company to work for!

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsAppleOne offers to help any candidate, whether it be finding a position or, if it is a candidate with a background we don't specialize in, finding a resource that could help them move forward with their career search. I love working for this company because they guarantee great opportunities for professional growth and offer full support of promoting.

ConsUnfortunately, we can't place everyone and there aren't enough hours in the day to talk to all of the candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps, we could try to offer more marketing material for candidates and not just clients.

An overall amazing opportunity with a well-established company in business for over 50 years!

Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsEasy to sell our services to the community based on our tailored made solutions which help companies achieve their long term goals...

ConsI wish we were in a position to be able to help every candidate that walks through the doors...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training/mentoring program is exceptional and really gives you the opportunity to grow within the company at the right pace...

Absolutely the BEST staffing service to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsAppleOne offers an amazing opportunity for career/financial growth with our promote from within culture and uncapped commission plans. Best of both worlds as a family owned business without a lot of "red tape" to make a decision and a strong, financially sound corporate support structure. Innovative programs such as 5 year guarantee help both our clients & candidates.

ConsAny challenges I have come from the staffing industry in general, not AppleOne.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate to field communications could always be improved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An all around refreshing experience, especially after when compared to other area recruiters.

ProsHighly professional company and employees. Excellent follow up and follow through. They consistently do what they said they will do, always keeping me in the know.
    I especially appreciate their regular "mass emails", which is a broadcast of available jobs to peruse.

ConsThe only deficiency I came across in my dealings with AppleOne is their Online Application. The entry field perimeters don't always accommodate the questions posed, and some of the areas time-out long before one has enough time to insert the info/data requested.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company proves that you don't need to be all pomp and circumstance to effectively perform and excel in business. AppleOne sets itself apart from the sea of quota-driven recruiters, expressly because they are truly more professional, pro-active and effective than any other recruiter I've worked with to date.

Unmatched in the industry, in many ways!

ProsDedicated Recruiter, weekly follow up, significant exposure in market, professional image, large network of clients.

ConsCan not guarantee employment, however I wouldn't expect that for a free service.

I look forward to going to work everyday!

Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsThe company really cares about its employees and their success, and the branch that I work in is compromised of some of the best colleagues I have had. They are encouraging and motivating as well as a true team!
    I also love the feeling that I get being able to help someone find a job and know that they will be a great match for the company!

ConsStaffing was a new career for me, so the transition was a challenging one, however, my teammates continue to help me grow and encourage me to contribute to the team.

Great Opportunity for Growth

ProsI appreciate AppleOne for their commitment to excellence. The mentors I've had and the opportunities for advancement within the company have been exceptional. This is a company that values professionalism, work ethic, drive, integrity and common sense! If you have those things, you will go far with AppleOne.

ConsThe biggest challenge working with AppleOne is that our clients can't hire everyone we represent (although oftentimes they would like to!). Our passion is to take the challenge on daily to identify and connect great candidates and companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep mentoring, training and growing your employees; we're truly grateful for it!

9 Years of continued success!

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsUncapped commission structure, yearly sales incentive trip to exotic locations, working as a team, personal growth both financially and professionally. I continue to be challenged daily and respect the involvement of our President and CEO. Constant training and development of staff is offered as well as career growth!

ConsWould like to be able to work from home on certain days.

Solid, professional, excellent growth opportunity and unlimited earning potential !

ProsAppleOne has one of the most thorough training programs in the industry. Through the intranet site - tools, training, development opportunities are all at your fingertips. Creative programs to establish "Client for Life" partnerships with clients such as the Infinite Assurance Program and the Five year guarantee !!

ConsCompany branding and reputation is solid in CA -- would be great to have a stronger marketing footprint in the Northeast

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a Corporate Branding and Marketing plan in New York City.

17 year career, so far!

Senior Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEntrepeneurial freedom, frequent contact with the CEO/President, strong regional leadership.
    It's wonderful to work for a company that encourages it's teams to put the applicant at the center of the universe. There is also limitless opportunity for advancement, and income growth in just about any position. The company prefers to promote from within, which creates a great culture. The annual "Founder's Club" destination sales trips are awesome, and really keep us motivated. It's great to be able to take a guest, and proudly "show off" your company, introduce them to all the great colleagues around the company, and to be recognized for hard work and loyalty.

ConsWrong industry for those who need to telecommute. Service industry requires full presence in an office environment.
    Base comp. for new hires results in limited hiring choices for internal staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider flex schedules (such as 9/80 alternate work schedule) to increase retention.
    Modernize technology.

AppleOne Marketing Manager responded to this review

Jun 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for AppleOne on Glassdoor - and thanks for your 17 year of service! Your advice to senior management is thoughtful and I'll make sure to pass it along.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!