AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros:
  • "It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A real career plan and passionate teams

ProsThe recruiters and sales people are treated very well in their comp plans, bonuses and manager support. Fun contests, and superior training. The sales leaders are supportive and passionate and know staffing as experts! The owners are not merely investors - they started the company from the ground-up. They still are out in the offices meeting the staff. Make money - have fun - have a career path. Team oriented all the way.

ConsToo many of the corporate leaders are comfortable and have stopped trying to innovate and improve. They do not promote accountability to each other. They are not paid well and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have excellent people selling for you. It is OK to now focus on the future of your other leaders.

Loved this place.

General Office Clerk (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe recruiters are really interested in helping you find employment. They are aware of your availability and your skills. Pay is weekly...always good. They helped me in finding a temp assignment when I really needed it and the hours for the assignment were awesome. I had time for my baby and my school work.

ConsNo benefits. No guarantee on job assignment coming to you quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider extending health benefits to all employees, not just full time.

Excellent place to make a difference for others. I enjoy helping and find the challenge fulfilling.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsNearly everything we do has the eventual result of aiding many people in gaining employment.

ConsThe building we are currently in hasn't aged well. Constant little problems, but those fortunately don't have a significant effect on work....just funny to discuss with coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about corporate employees. The associates in the field can earn commission and qualify for company events. The other 10% of us only get to hear about all the fun they have!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They quickly found a position for me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey were very quick and efficient at finding a temp position for me.

ConsFairly high turnover which lead to confusion for the temps and lost paperwork.

Excellent, supportive team with an amazing go to person in my recruiter.

Billing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Tukwila, WA

ProsJennifer Peck is my awesome go to person, despite being very busy she always gets back to me, and she found me my first assignment not a day after signing up with her.
    Every assignment give me more "tools" for my professional "tool belt" to make me a better candidate for the next company I go for.

Consit is a temp service so the work is not consistent, but that usually means more flexibility too, which can be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more ways to "sing" the praises and positive comments on the personnel who really make a difference.

Lackluster at finding jobs.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsStaff is young and dress professional.

ConsI have been working with Appleone since the 2013. The local agency never has openings. When they do and it's higher paying. The office makes every excuse not to put you in that position (even if you qualify). As if they're waiting for a certain type of person to place in that position (friend, family member, man/woman, black/white). Never was advised that the person I was working with was no longer there.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your recruiting team and see if they are looking out for the best interest of the company.

Great metrics and staffing tools, but poor employee morale and questionable values.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat schedule, very nice office setting, and I was given plenty of resources to succeed in my position. Above average commission program. I was lucky to have an excellent manager as well.

ConsVery metric driven, high turnover, and a sometimes vicious and paranoid culture. Account executives get overly protective of candidates instead of focusing on finding people work. It is not uncommon for co-workers and partner branches to not get along. Low base salary and the benefits are expensive considering the size and scope of the company. Management above the branch level was nearly invisible.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management could spend more time showing concern for the work environment instead of just sales. Sales is king at AppleOne.

At the time 1999 Bernie had the right vision for the company

Regional Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNew to the staffing industry people can learn quicking on how to sell and recruit. Appleone employees running a full desk. (temp & Full-time) (sales & recruiting)
    Company is only as good as the Manager in each region. I lead a good region and enjoyed most of my time with Appleone.

ConsSome managers lack people skills. All employees should be treated equally no matter if you're the CEO or a Receptionist. Turnover, because of poor hires and bad field Management. Corp Human Resources lacks leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Managers with good people skills that motivate staff. Change is good, corporate office needs change... new people with different ideas. AppleOne was a fun place for my first two years. If leadership sets the right attitude and field management follows it would be a good place to work. Consider hiring back people from the past that were good influencers and producers. They like myself could help change AppleOne for the better.

Staffing Consultant

Staffing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a deffinte sink or swim situation. If you excel in this type of situation this is the place for you. They will continuously challenge you to do more and excel.

ConsThere tends to be a ton of office drama and politics. The trainers are great but have limited resources and are stretched very thing despite all their management gives.

A family business where you can find a place to grow.

ProsIt is a large organization with deep resources while remaining very entrepreneurial in spirit. There aren't a lot of levels of approval or hierarchy and good ideas and effort are appreciated. It is family run, and management really does care deeply about its employees. If you are on the sales side growth is there for the taking and the company provides fantastic training and development resources

ConsThe flat hierarchy and long corporate tenure means that in non-sales roles there aren't as many levels to be promoted into. The company still supports growth, but it's a little less defined than it is on the sales side, and you'll want to take a more active role in directing your career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to hire great people who will be able to grow into your future superstars.

Flag Review
    AppleOne Marketing Manager responded to this review May 5, 2014 EditDelete
    We're glad you enjoy working at AppleOne and thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

AppleOne – Why Work for Us?

AppleOne Employment Services is a full-service employment company. Founded in 1964, we are now celebrating 50 Years of the AppleOne Experience. In 2013, our LinkedIn Company Page was selected as one of the 10 Best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All 180 reviews posted anonymously by AppleOne employees.