AppleOne

Updated September 15, 2014
3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

I have been given many great opportunities to work with great organizations.

Current Employee - Office Administrator  in  Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You're able to have a greater selection of reputable companies to choose from.

Cons

You may not get the opportunity to work consistently depending on employers needs.

If candidates are unable to complete an assignment due to a medical situation out of their control, I suggest instead of holding it against the candidate, to have a wider selection of available candidates for immediate placement at employer.

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly administrators.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

To become an Administrator that is available to help consumers to find a job that they would fit into, in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

As a professional employee, to be aware the time-off policies is important. Any position that I apply for is where I want to offer personal growth, and be an asset to the company. I want a full time job, 40 hours a week and available for overtime.

Please know that I have over 10 years of Customer Service in my work experience. I enjoy communicating with consumers. I have a perfect attendance record. If you would like a quick learner, problem solver with a strong work ethic, I hope you consider me for a position with your company.

Not holding up their end

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

They find you a really good job and they are there on the first day of employment if you have any questions or any concerns.

Cons

There are no perks. When your assignment has ended you won't hear from them again. I has applied for numerous jobs under this company and never get a response.

Keep in touch with clients that work under you company so people feel that you care or concerned.

Caters to select few

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly and appear organized.

Cons

Seems as though jobs are posted for only the most experienced
    There's very little communication from your representative once you have had your initial interview and completed the assessments. Seems like a "don't call us we will call you" environment.
    Say they want to help you reach your career goals but don't attempt to follow through

Recruiters should be encouraged to provide feedback to candidates whether it's positive or negative-tell us what we need to improve to get that job.

Stressful

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, bonus time, there is nothing else to discuss.

Cons

Over worked. Micro-management. Old software, micro management, insurance not so good.

Great Temp Agency

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Within a week, they were offering me several positions, and within a month I had a temp to perm job for $13 hr with a great company who extended my contract.

Cons

The only con I had is I didn't know the job title until a week after I started, and then found out it was data entry. However, it turned out to be a lot more too, probably worked out for the best for me.

Keep up the great work.

Fantastic Staff!

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!