AppleOne

Updated October 1, 2014
3.5

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company, very professional atmosphere to work in.

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist in Columbia, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great assignments, awesome work schedules.

Cons

You have to dedicate yourself to work long hours.

Keep up the great work. Communication is definitely the key, and Appleone communicates with their employees via email as well as verbally very well.

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

I have been given many great opportunities to work with great organizations.

Current Employee - Office Administrator  in  Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You're able to have a greater selection of reputable companies to choose from.

Cons

You may not get the opportunity to work consistently depending on employers needs.

If candidates are unable to complete an assignment due to a medical situation out of their control, I suggest instead of holding it against the candidate, to have a wider selection of available candidates for immediate placement at employer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

they don't take applicant seriously

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast to get back to you for an interview

Cons

dont know what they are doing

old management was good when Heather was there

A Nasty Temp Agency!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If they like you aka if the agency likes you you might get treated nicely. Its like sheep in wolves clothing

Cons

To Whom It may concern:

I have to say that appleone has to be one of the rudest temp agency I have ever seen in my life. I have been to two different appleones and they have been very nasty. A temp agency is suppose to help you find employment if you qualify. My background is 8+ years old and I have not had the time nor the money to expunge it. I'm human and we make mistake. I am a hard worker and I have 3 children to support. I don't want to request for government assistance but I may have to go that route. I left a stable job thinking that I would be at the assignment permanently, but low in behold weeks later I'm told not to come in due to my background that should have been ran weeks before my assignment. Which I thought she had done. I don't qualify for unemployment. I had attitude from day one from the agent to the secretary. When I went to another office I had attitude there so that must go hand and hand with appleone. When I returned there call I had an attitude with the agent whom called me "Well I see a lot of resumes....so who are you??" For the love of goodness you called me. Then the secretary told me to disregard the call if I wasn't left a voice mail?? When I explain my situation she told me to give her a call when I take care of that (nasty). Why on earth would I come back. OK Anyway if you want to deal with rude people, whom treat you like the dirt under their shoe no matter what your background is then Appleone is for you!

Tell your agents that we are human beings and that every person should be respected no matter what and to have some empathy .

Great for a Newbee

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning environment for someone without staffing experience. Training is free and constant.

Cons

Low salaries, high sales quota expectations that may be unrealistic for someone without 500 people on their Facebook page.

Increase salary, lower quotas and improve technical infrastructure.

Not holding up their end

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

They find you a really good job and they are there on the first day of employment if you have any questions or any concerns.

Cons

There are no perks. When your assignment has ended you won't hear from them again. I has applied for numerous jobs under this company and never get a response.

Keep in touch with clients that work under you company so people feel that you care or concerned.

Caters to select few

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly and appear organized.

Cons

Seems as though jobs are posted for only the most experienced
    There's very little communication from your representative once you have had your initial interview and completed the assessments. Seems like a "don't call us we will call you" environment.
    Say they want to help you reach your career goals but don't attempt to follow through

Recruiters should be encouraged to provide feedback to candidates whether it's positive or negative-tell us what we need to improve to get that job.

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

Friendly administrators.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

To become an Administrator that is available to help consumers to find a job that they would fit into, in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

As a professional employee, to be aware the time-off policies is important. Any position that I apply for is where I want to offer personal growth, and be an asset to the company. I want a full time job, 40 hours a week and available for overtime.

Please know that I have over 10 years of Customer Service in my work experience. I enjoy communicating with consumers. I have a perfect attendance record. If you would like a quick learner, problem solver with a strong work ethic, I hope you consider me for a position with your company.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!