AppleOne Reviews

Reset
2.9
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • I loved working with friendly, positive, "Go-getters" in a fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 6 reviews)

• they say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with miss Rachel Hobus. Rachel made sure i had to the opportunity to work with great companies such as the Muscular distrophy association and put me in a position to to improve my skills and become a force in the workplace.

Cons

None i had to deal with. I just let this awesome company do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you guys are amazing and i'd love to work with you again.

Temp-to-full time

Former Employee - Collections Clerk in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Collections Clerk in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to experience multiple companies, the recruiters work hard to find companies that you can interview for before you start work.

Cons

bad idea if you do not enjoy being a temp worker, you get treated very different on the jobs due to the fact that you are a temp, and recruiters will not have your back if they're customer has something negative to say about you even if your not the problem, recruiters will side with client before siding with their employee

Advice to Management

take time to get to know your workers and be supportive when or if client is being negative towards your employee, it's not always the temps fault!

Loved it

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

I loved the flexibility of working for AppleOne. The staff was always helpful and very friendly. Paychecks were always on time, and on the one or two occasions when there was a problem, it was remedied quickly.

Cons

No benefits until after a year of full-time work, and no paid vacation time, but that goes with temp work.

5. Has potential but needs to perk up a bit...

Pros

The intake/recruiting process was efficient. Found temporary assignment quickly after initial intake and interview.

Cons

Counselors are slow to respond to emails & phone calls, if they respond. They send out numerous mass emails for positions, but hardly respond to requests. Even though the employment counselors found an assignment quickly, they have not found any further assignments, nor offered any explanations why.

6. Staffing consultant

Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Midvale, UT

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Branch manager for the Midvale Utah branch is just awesome. I love that lady. Great manager.

Cons

The branch offices are beholden to an overly controlling corporate office, which can and often are a royal pain in the butt.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome Michele.

7. Internal Recruiter

Current Employee - Former Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Former Recruiter in Reston, VA

Pros

Very driven by sales, soft quotas, people come in late and it doesn't matter, it's all about how much profit you bring in.

Cons

Low Pay and benefits. No follow through with one on ones.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Follow up with what you promise/what you say.

8. Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, always looking for your best interest, and very supportive team

Cons

I did not have any issues.

Advice to Management

The team in Pleasanton was amazing to work with. They were very supportive in my contract position with a company and made lasting relationships.

Data Entry

Former Employee - Data Entry in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Irvine, CA

I worked at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the consultants were very helpful.

Cons

Temporary job ended to quickly.

Advice to Management

I was told it would be full-time (8 hours a day). I worked 8 hours the first day and then only 4 hours the following day because the assignment had been completed. I had hoped the assignment would have lasted longer as I was under that impression.

Overall Experience

Pros

organized, helpful, good placement given my schedule restrictions and experience

Cons

sometimes vague about job placement details

11. Results Not Delivered

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Lots of Appleone locations. Despite the working qualifications you may have, if at first you don't get placed in a suitable job at one location, try, try the others.

Cons

Lots to list. You will not be listened to, nor will you receive a call at the time frame when promised. When you do receive a call, it will be in a flat, scripted, unnatural manner, giving irrelevant answers, leaving you to wonder if they've understood the conversation you've just had with them - if they cared about what was said at all. If you have any sort of time restraints whatsoever regarding childcare, family or school plans, keep to yourself. They are somehow incapable, or unwilling, to allow flexibility in employees' (on few occasions, changing) career goals. In short, they are terrible counsellors, and, in my case, there was absolutely zero career guidance, except with the innate dread that their only concern is to hastily place you in an unsuitable job to make their quotas. Like cattle. It is highly unreliable to guess which recruiter will help you find a suitable job, or hinder you with time and energy - and money - wasted. Taking a new job this week which was found without the input of appleone.

Advice to Management

Tighten up recruiter-selection process, better recruiter training, better listening for those seeking work. Accountability of recruiters as it stands now, is not enough. Jobseekers depend on those who can do their job right.

RSS Feed </> Embed