AppleOne

Updated October 14, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company, very professional atmosphere to work in.

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist in Columbia, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great assignments, awesome work schedules.

Cons

You have to dedicate yourself to work long hours.

Keep up the great work. Communication is definitely the key, and Appleone communicates with their employees via email as well as verbally very well.

Fair

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Good Co-Workers, Good clients, go benefits

Cons

Not good pay, No work life balance

An experience I'll never forget

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Experience, exposure and to learn to work and learn from adversity and poor management.

Cons

Very Low pay, complicated intentional confusing commission structure to confuse employees and to have the ability to retain and pull commissions without clear visibility/transparency. Not much upward mobility. Experience not valued. Highest internal employee turnover I've ever seen.

Choose your leaders wisely, especially your senior leaders.

they don't take applicant seriously

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast to get back to you for an interview

Cons

dont know what they are doing

old management was good when Heather was there

A Nasty Temp Agency!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If they like you aka if the agency likes you you might get treated nicely. Its like sheep in wolves clothing

Cons

To Whom It may concern:

I have to say that appleone has to be one of the rudest temp agency I have ever seen in my life. I have been to two different appleones and they have been very nasty. A temp agency is suppose to help you find employment if you qualify. My background is 8+ years old and I have not had the time nor the money to expunge it. I'm human and we make mistake. I am a hard worker and I have 3 children to support. I don't want to request for government assistance but I may have to go that route. I left a stable job thinking that I would be at the assignment permanently, but low in behold weeks later I'm told not to come in due to my background that should have been ran weeks before my assignment. Which I thought she had done. I don't qualify for unemployment. I had attitude from day one from the agent to the secretary. When I went to another office I had attitude there so that must go hand and hand with appleone. When I returned there call I had an attitude with the agent whom called me "Well I see a lot of resumes....so who are you??" For the love of goodness you called me. Then the secretary told me to disregard the call if I wasn't left a voice mail?? When I explain my situation she told me to give her a call when I take care of that (nasty). Why on earth would I come back. OK Anyway if you want to deal with rude people, whom treat you like the dirt under their shoe no matter what your background is then Appleone is for you!

Tell your agents that we are human beings and that every person should be respected no matter what and to have some empathy .

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

I have been given many great opportunities to work with great organizations.

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You're able to have a greater selection of reputable companies to choose from.

Cons

You may not get the opportunity to work consistently depending on employers needs.

If candidates are unable to complete an assignment due to a medical situation out of their control, I suggest instead of holding it against the candidate, to have a wider selection of available candidates for immediate placement at employer.

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

Sadly lacking in communication

Current Employee - Audit Charts, File, Accounts Receivable, Create New Clients Etc in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had been out of work for several months - I applied for a job on line which required me to go through AppleOne - met with a representative and everything was very positive - I went on several "lame" interviews and got a frantic call at 4:30pm from the "recruiter" assigned to me needing someone to report the next morning ..... I was not thrilled as it was a temp position and paying peanuts .... I accepted now see the Cons.....

Cons

I signed up for full time permanent employment NOT temporary employment .... got a phone call at 4:30pm from them basically begging me to help them out knowing I did not want temp work .... they assured me this was a one time thing only and they would continue to actively pursue full time permanent positions for me ..... I have been at this temp job for over a month and am making pennies - by the end of the week with gas and my commute time I make about $90 per week ...HELLO I have bills to pay and this is not cutting it - I have tried to call and No One is available to take my call - I send e-mails and received one response to my very first one ..... I feel I have a obligation to the company I am working for as I do have a vested interest there now after a month ... HOWEVER I AM NOT IMPRESSED with AppleOne and their feedback to their associates. I suppose I was a open file that needed to get closed so the "recruiter" could make her bonus ...the sad thing is I enjoy where I've been working but am treated as an outsider and just the "hired help" - Very Very disappointed - I have over 30 years of experience and could offer this company a whole lot but it's not my place as I am JUST A TEMP

Contact with associates - positive or negative feedback is welcome - Why wait for an associate to be disappointed before you hear from them. Your organization seems to "throw" people into a temporary job and just pretty much walk away ... that is amazing to me as I managed many teams and constant feedback was a priority

I am having a very unreal experience with Apple One Wall St location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is my recruiter Nick - great guy!!

Cons

I was recently contacted by a representative at Apple One -Wall St location for a position they felt I was qualified for and they saw my resume on career builder I went in to meet the recruiter and had a very nice interview a few days later I was called and advised that the company they had me in mind for wanted to hire me and that I did not need to actually interview with the company I was elated!!!A few weeks went by and the Apple One recruiter kept in contact with me letting me know that I was on the short list to be hired for this position and I was at least 50 percent just about in the door for this major company. I waited and waited and then I got a call from this recruiter telling me that there was another position I was suitable for as well and that he was tired of the run around with the original company he had recruited me for so I was like ok he said he will put another lady named Andie on the phone to give me more details she came on the phone with a lot of attitude and demanded to know if I was from a different background employment wise I said yes but I will work in any field. Ms Andie began telling me about the job and wanted to know when I could go for an interview I told her when and she said she wld hv to check to see if that time was avail I said ok

The next morning I called at 0900 to speak with my counselor there and was told he no longer worked there I was in utter amazement I again spoke to this Andie she told me she was still trying to get me a spot for the interview and would get back to me. The next day I called again and was told by Tracy -who kept answering the phone that she works with Andie and that she does not know why the previous recruiter told me that I was on the list to be hired and that the position was filled from within the company and that the other position was no longer available as the employer decided not to move forward with the hiring. I was in total total shock then I was told that they don't know why I was given this info by the original recruiter and that this is not correct. Tracy then told me that I should go to Temps agency and also Goodwill I asked her why she was referring me to other rival companies and she said oh its always good to be registered with multiple companies. The next day I called to ask for the managers name and again Tracey answered the phone and was very rude and gave the name of Peter as the manager when asked for his last name she hung up the phone. I called back and asked her why she did that she said we don't give out the manager name but if you want to send your resume here is an email address.

So if anyone at Apple One Corporate can shed the truth about what is going on with Apple One on Wall St please do because I did not solicit them for employment they contacted me via CareerBuilder and I am heartbroken after this experience with them. In fact I am speechless!!!!