AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Temporary Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

ConsOne of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

I enjoyed working for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe representatives are great at keeping in touch with their clients.

ConsThere were no challenges so far.

Family owners run a tight ship and seem genuinely interested in people who want to grow with the company.

ProsVery driven, professional staff are encouraged to find solutions, to listen to candidates and to provide fast, high-earning career options. Lots of opportunities for growth among the Branch team. One unique feature is the availability of customized marketing tools - a rarity in this business - and a 5•50 guarantee backing the quality of candidates you place. If you have a passion for helping people reach new heights in their work life, check out AppleOne.

ConsThe only down-side is the time you find yourself spending making things happen. Since there is no cap to what you earn, it's easy to spend a lot of time pursuing your goals. What's different compared to other shops is 50 years of experience behind you. Managers are expert at pointing you to solid leads and helping you maximize both earnings and client satisfaction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Appleone is one of the Best Staffing Agencies I have ever worked for!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Schiller Park, IL

ProsI really appreciate the efficiency and quick turn around time they provide to their employees, along with professionalism. Good upbeat people!!

ConsOne of my challenges was the commute on public transportation to assignments. But that was up to me to advise them of where I could commute, and soon they provided me with assignments that I could get to easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and personal touch you have with your employees. They feel that you really care when you come to an assignment just to meet them and see if their happy and comfortable at their assignment.

AppleOne Response

Jun 27, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review for us. We're glad you enjoyed our personal touch and efficiency!

Area manager

ProsA family company that has a goal and a heart. Zero debit, privately held means a stable future. Average tenure is 20 years!! I love the past and the future of this organization

ConsThere is no cons. You have the freedom and support to be successful

Michelle and the rest of the Charleston TEAM worked really hard to FIND Me a position that I mesh well with.

Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsI was reluctant about coming to this agency, but recruiting team did a great job of listening to me and my skill set. After being harassed and mistreated at my previous job, I came to AppleOne looking for other options for employment. I wanted to work where my excellent work ethics and extensive background could be utilized to the absolute fullest. Michelle nailed it in the first try getting me linked with my current position and I couldn't be anymore happier. She gave me a new outlook on the work world.

ConsThe perks to this placement is knowing that in 90 days I will be a permanent employee of a well known international company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should have surveys put in applicant files so they can be completed and mailed to supervisors, to get a better understanding of how this agency works well with its supporting communities.

The best company to work for!

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsAppleOne offers to help any candidate, whether it be finding a position or, if it is a candidate with a background we don't specialize in, finding a resource that could help them move forward with their career search. I love working for this company because they guarantee great opportunities for professional growth and offer full support of promoting.

ConsUnfortunately, we can't place everyone and there aren't enough hours in the day to talk to all of the candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps, we could try to offer more marketing material for candidates and not just clients.

Incredible Company to Work For!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat growth opportunities with unlimited salary potential! This is a position where you get out what you put in. If you enjoy making money and helping people, this is the position for you!

ConsIt can be stressful at times--there are always interruptions, and you have to be able to manage your time and prioritize. If you can find that balance, you will be successful.

AppleOne has been in business for 50 years for a very good reason- it's an amazing company to work- I love it!

Staffing Associate (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsThere are so many great reasons to work here. I've received excellent training to make my transition into this internal Recruiting position easy. There is a very clearly defined career path for growth within the company. "The candidate is the center of the universe" and I truly enjoy helping people which is the primary focus of the company. Opportunity to go on a trip if goals are met.

ConsAlthough it's not possible to help every candidate get a position, at least I can be a resource to everyone I meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone- I love the local, regional and upper management here. Being the largest privately held recruiting firm, I feel we have a voice, it's heard and we are all treated with the respect they want us to show to every single person we met.

Running my desk like an entrepreneur while still having the support and resources of a corporation.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent training program, ability to grow within in the organization, excellent compensation and unlimited earning potential, having a voice and being able to offer ideas to the leaders of the organization

ConsLong hours (that's the business though), having to utilize multiple parties to close a deal

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!