AppleOne

Updated September 9, 2014
3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

Great Temp Agency

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Within a week, they were offering me several positions, and within a month I had a temp to perm job for $13 hr with a great company who extended my contract.

Cons

The only con I had is I didn't know the job title until a week after I started, and then found out it was data entry. However, it turned out to be a lot more too, probably worked out for the best for me.

Keep up the great work.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic Staff!

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

Cons

One of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

I enjoyed working for them.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The representatives are great at keeping in touch with their clients.

Cons

There were no challenges so far.

Family owners run a tight ship and seem genuinely interested in people who want to grow with the company.

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very driven, professional staff are encouraged to find solutions, to listen to candidates and to provide fast, high-earning career options. Lots of opportunities for growth among the Branch team. One unique feature is the availability of customized marketing tools - a rarity in this business - and a 5•50 guarantee backing the quality of candidates you place. If you have a passion for helping people reach new heights in their work life, check out AppleOne.

Cons

The only down-side is the time you find yourself spending making things happen. Since there is no cap to what you earn, it's easy to spend a lot of time pursuing your goals. What's different compared to other shops is 50 years of experience behind you. Managers are expert at pointing you to solid leads and helping you maximize both earnings and client satisfaction.

Appleone is one of the Best Staffing Agencies I have ever worked for!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Schiller Park, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Schiller Park, IL

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I really appreciate the efficiency and quick turn around time they provide to their employees, along with professionalism. Good upbeat people!!

Cons

One of my challenges was the commute on public transportation to assignments. But that was up to me to advise them of where I could commute, and soon they provided me with assignments that I could get to easily.

Keep up the good work and personal touch you have with your employees. They feel that you really care when you come to an assignment just to meet them and see if their happy and comfortable at their assignment.

AppleOne Response

Jun 27, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review for us. We're glad you enjoyed our personal touch and efficiency!

Area manager

I have been working at AppleOne for more than 5 years

Pros

A family company that has a goal and a heart. Zero debit, privately held means a stable future. Average tenure is 20 years!! I love the past and the future of this organization

Cons

There is no cons. You have the freedom and support to be successful

Michelle and the rest of the Charleston TEAM worked really hard to FIND Me a position that I mesh well with.

Current Employee - Retention Coordinator  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Retention Coordinator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was reluctant about coming to this agency, but recruiting team did a great job of listening to me and my skill set. After being harassed and mistreated at my previous job, I came to AppleOne looking for other options for employment. I wanted to work where my excellent work ethics and extensive background could be utilized to the absolute fullest. Michelle nailed it in the first try getting me linked with my current position and I couldn't be anymore happier. She gave me a new outlook on the work world.

Cons

The perks to this placement is knowing that in 90 days I will be a permanent employee of a well known international company.

I think management should have surveys put in applicant files so they can be completed and mailed to supervisors, to get a better understanding of how this agency works well with its supporting communities.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!