AppleOne

Updated October 14, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I am having a very unreal experience with Apple One Wall St location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is my recruiter Nick - great guy!!

Cons

I was recently contacted by a representative at Apple One -Wall St location for a position they felt I was qualified for and they saw my resume on career builder I went in to meet the recruiter and had a very nice interview a few days later I was called and advised that the company they had me in mind for wanted to hire me and that I did not need to actually interview with the company I was elated!!!A few weeks went by and the Apple One recruiter kept in contact with me letting me know that I was on the short list to be hired for this position and I was at least 50 percent just about in the door for this major company. I waited and waited and then I got a call from this recruiter telling me that there was another position I was suitable for as well and that he was tired of the run around with the original company he had recruited me for so I was like ok he said he will put another lady named Andie on the phone to give me more details she came on the phone with a lot of attitude and demanded to know if I was from a different background employment wise I said yes but I will work in any field. Ms Andie began telling me about the job and wanted to know when I could go for an interview I told her when and she said she wld hv to check to see if that time was avail I said ok

The next morning I called at 0900 to speak with my counselor there and was told he no longer worked there I was in utter amazement I again spoke to this Andie she told me she was still trying to get me a spot for the interview and would get back to me. The next day I called again and was told by Tracy -who kept answering the phone that she works with Andie and that she does not know why the previous recruiter told me that I was on the list to be hired and that the position was filled from within the company and that the other position was no longer available as the employer decided not to move forward with the hiring. I was in total total shock then I was told that they don't know why I was given this info by the original recruiter and that this is not correct. Tracy then told me that I should go to Temps agency and also Goodwill I asked her why she was referring me to other rival companies and she said oh its always good to be registered with multiple companies. The next day I called to ask for the managers name and again Tracey answered the phone and was very rude and gave the name of Peter as the manager when asked for his last name she hung up the phone. I called back and asked her why she did that she said we don't give out the manager name but if you want to send your resume here is an email address.

So if anyone at Apple One Corporate can shed the truth about what is going on with Apple One on Wall St please do because I did not solicit them for employment they contacted me via CareerBuilder and I am heartbroken after this experience with them. In fact I am speechless!!!!

Sadly lacking in communication

Current Employee - Audit Charts, File, Accounts Receivable, Create New Clients Etc in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had been out of work for several months - I applied for a job on line which required me to go through AppleOne - met with a representative and everything was very positive - I went on several "lame" interviews and got a frantic call at 4:30pm from the "recruiter" assigned to me needing someone to report the next morning ..... I was not thrilled as it was a temp position and paying peanuts .... I accepted now see the Cons.....

Cons

I signed up for full time permanent employment NOT temporary employment .... got a phone call at 4:30pm from them basically begging me to help them out knowing I did not want temp work .... they assured me this was a one time thing only and they would continue to actively pursue full time permanent positions for me ..... I have been at this temp job for over a month and am making pennies - by the end of the week with gas and my commute time I make about $90 per week ...HELLO I have bills to pay and this is not cutting it - I have tried to call and No One is available to take my call - I send e-mails and received one response to my very first one ..... I feel I have a obligation to the company I am working for as I do have a vested interest there now after a month ... HOWEVER I AM NOT IMPRESSED with AppleOne and their feedback to their associates. I suppose I was a open file that needed to get closed so the "recruiter" could make her bonus ...the sad thing is I enjoy where I've been working but am treated as an outsider and just the "hired help" - Very Very disappointed - I have over 30 years of experience and could offer this company a whole lot but it's not my place as I am JUST A TEMP

Contact with associates - positive or negative feedback is welcome - Why wait for an associate to be disappointed before you hear from them. Your organization seems to "throw" people into a temporary job and just pretty much walk away ... that is amazing to me as I managed many teams and constant feedback was a priority

Hard to get work. The never call.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company if they call for assignments.

Cons

Never getting a call for assignments.

Listen to match the skills of the applicant

Betrayed and Dishonest

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They always have open positions

Cons

They do not care about their employees contracted with them, they only care about the hiring clients.

First off, I worked for AppleOne as temp to hire for over 2 years. The company I was contracted with through AppleOne told me that my pay amount was incorrect, less than what they agreed to pay me not including Apple Ones fee. I took this to my recruiter and they laughed and said they'll fix it with NO back pay. Then, the same company I contracted for laid off 80% of there full-time employees and kept the temps but our work load was 5x more. I told Appleone and they said to submit your duties in writing. I did and still have this today. I was then let go from my contracted company and now Appleone will not hire me. They give me every excuse in the book when I apply for a job. OH MAJOR -- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MEDICAL WITH THEM, THE COMPANY TOOK OVER $4,000 FROM ME AND WHEN I FINALLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR THEY SAID THEY NEVER HEARD OF THE COMPANY. I CONTACTED EVERY DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO ONE TAKES THE INSURANCE.

False Hope

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

NONE - this place is horrible

Cons

Fake job listings, false pay information, recruiters that don't speak or write properly.

Next time don't offer a job paying $21/hr and then when I accept say it changed to $14/hr.

Unhelpful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Were helpful in discovering what skills had employment potential.

Cons

I had been an employee for several months in 2005. I received many assignments. One turned into a full time job. I reconnected with the employment agency again in 2014 and received no leads of any kind.

Discuss assignment policy instead of leading prospective clients on.

Time to go back to school

Former Employee - Temp in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Temp in Denver, CO

I worked at AppleOne part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is temp work, which should motivate you to go back to school or make you rethink your goals in life.

Cons

It is temp work, if you enjoy being loaned out for crappy jobs for crappy pay and do not want to do any thinking this would be a perfect fit.

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management.

*Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how:
    1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req
    2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly.
    3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale.

The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE
    example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

Loved my job, hated the company

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great and loyal staff. Good training programs.

Cons

There are so many... here are just a few:
     - the company is notoriously cheap
     - too much focus on the bottom line (for the owners)
     - the strategy appears to be short-sighted (or stuck in the 1980's)
     - systems are behind the times and the systems staff is overwhelmed with the number of fixes
     - management does not stand up for employees and there are no long-term employee development programs

Lackluster at finding jobs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Staff is young and dress professional.

Cons

I have been working with Appleone since the 2013. The local agency never has openings. When they do and it's higher paying. The office makes every excuse not to put you in that position (even if you qualify). As if they're waiting for a certain type of person to place in that position (friend, family member, man/woman, black/white). Never was advised that the person I was working with was no longer there.

Look at your recruiting team and see if they are looking out for the best interest of the company.