AppleOne Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • I loved working with friendly, positive, "Go-getters" in a fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 6 reviews)

• they say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with miss Rachel Hobus. Rachel made sure i had to the opportunity to work with great companies such as the Muscular distrophy association and put me in a position to to improve my skills and become a force in the workplace.

Cons

None i had to deal with. I just let this awesome company do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you guys are amazing and i'd love to work with you again.

Dangle the carrot

Former Employee - Contractor in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Fremont, CA

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

SOMETIMES they can find you work quickly

Cons

MOST of the time they don't follow through on what they say. They just fill their needs and you have to take it or leave it, while they preach it's about you and your professional development.

Advice to Management

A company based on building silos instead of collaborative efforts.

Former Employee - Corporate Support Department in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Support Department in Torrance, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have an innovative idea, you can realize short-term financial gain. Sales positions (recruiters, etc.) have the opportunity to make significant money if they continue to produce.

Cons

AppleOne encourages internal competition in a way that leads to building silos. I was shocked at the complacency that existed; when mistakes were made there was never time spend on implementing future solutions, only pointing fingers.

Advice to Management

Find opportunities to reward collaborative approaches. But don't limit incentives to just sales (AEs); reward support departments as well.

5. They are rude

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing they dont really do anything for you that you couldnt do yourself

Cons

They critique you in a really rude way. They act like you arent that smart and they are better than you. You have tons of test they want you to take and then give you a million things wrong with your resume.

Advice to Management

Hire women with nicer attitudes.

Staffing Consultant

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company wants you to believe in their system. Everyone is positive on the outside.

Cons

There is an extreme amount of dishonesty and unorganization.

Advice to Management

Take accountablity!

this temp agency has not found any work for some people over 5 years

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

Apple one does not place people!! they advertise just to get you in the door, after that, they ignore you, they do not help you at all. I have had more calls with other people that say the other agencies offer more opportunities too. do not apply here

Advice to Management

don't do false advertising

Horrific Organization avoid

Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck if in desperation mode.

Cons

Low pay. No bonus structure. Lack of strategic planning at the "VP" level. Moronic branch employees.

Advice to Management

I was hired as PM to manage the BPA account. The Regional VPs hired me *after* the BPA delivered the news that the supplier relationship would be throttled back over the next two fiscal years. As a result after two weeks on the job they let me go for reasons that made no sense, such as they thought I wanted a flexible schedule. The organization needs to embrace technology, social media and jettison these so-called "VPs".

Overall very disappointing.

Current Employee - Merchandise Remodel Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Merchandise Remodel Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AppleOne found me a contract job that wasn't great but got me into a company that I love so I accepted. In the beginning, before my contract began, my agent was very friendly and seemed to be putting a lot of effort into finding contract positions for me.

Cons

As soon as I signed the contract, I never heard from my agent again unless I emailed and called multiple times first. Even when I did finally get ahold of her it usually led to a game of telephone and unanswered questions. Before my contract began, I asked my agent upfront if they would be taking money out of my paychecks and the answer was a resounding "no"--an answer that I later found out was an outright lie as I found out they are currently taking four dollars out of the hourly rate my company pays me for the work that I do. Lastly, and possibly most frustrating, AppleOne does not advocate for raises for its employees. I have seen multiple raises for contractors from agencies including The Mergis Group and Kelly Mitchell for contractors working alongside me in identical contracts who are not being reviewed on performance, simply receiving raises for getting their contracts extended. When I called AppleOne to inquire about this difference in agencies, the only response I was given was that it is not "their policy" to ask for raises--even after my contract had been extended. They then tried to scare me out of speaking up to my supervisor at my job and turned the blame on me saying that I must not be working hard enough (which is not true according to my supervisor and also unrelated due to the fact that the company I work for has a flat rate across the board with contractors so the raise is dependent on the descretion of AppleOne). When I asked for documentation proving that my company had not raised the flat rate for contractors to find out whether or not AppleOne had just been pocketing the difference, I was told that it was again "not their policy" to share that information. Being a contractor can be a great learning experience, but do your research before signing on with an agency like AppleOne or you might find yourself boxed into a immobile position like the one I am battling now. My advice is to know the facts and bring up these hard questions in your initial interview.

Advice to Management

Implement more transparency in your business (specifically your base and mid-level employees) and really step back and learn from other agencies on how to approach raise negotiations and contractor relationship maintenance.

Total Waste of My Time

Former Employee - Registered Applicant in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Applicant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

-None to speak of at this time.

Cons

-Unprofessional -Poor Customer Service -No follow-up -No follow through

Advice to Management

I registered with AppleOne and dealt with Nicole briefly before she resigned, then was transitioned to Normal who never reached out or responded to my email. Driving out to Pleasanton and taking the time to test and meet with someone was an extreme waste of my time. I wasn't even offered a cup of water while being there for over an hour. Advice to management is to hire real talent or experience recruiters who will take their jobs seriously and truly advocate for registered members. We take the time to sign up because we truly need a job!!

Go through another employment agency if you can

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at AppleOne part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Even though I interviewed, scored well on their tests, and updated my availability weekly, the staff did not come through for me at all. Staffing professionals seemed snobby and stuck up. I received emails with more information about positions and sent in application materials, only to be told that my test scores didn't meet the requirements for the positions (why would they send you a job notice that you aren't eligible for?). I once worked a one-day-only inventory assignment, and have never heard from them since. Save yourself the time on this agency and choose a better one.

RSS Feed </> Embed