AppleOne

Updated March 2, 2015
3.2

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 6 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 6 reviews)

• Temp work pays the bills but looking for a full time employment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Awful a disrespect to your title salary and experience and a BIG WASTE OF TIME
    Resume changes doesn't help

Current Employee - Insurance Claims Customer Service Representative Whatever in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None what so ever trust me the loc at perimeter don't go waste of time and energy
    You may work but surely they will not keep you

Cons

1 week assignment was just a laugh no reason as to why no reason at all is give or was ever given

Stop playing people just because you been recruiting 7-10 yrs doesn't mean you like your job and know how to help someone

Specialist for CITI

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

No good experience with Apple one

Cons

Bad communication, no interpersonal skills, Very bad in maintaining relationships with the employee/consultants

Terrible company to work for

Former Employee - Staffing Associate in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Associate in Riverside, CA

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

There are no pros working here. Read below.

Cons

The middle management at this company is corrupt. The AppleOne in Riverside, CA is poorly managed. The management team is rude and has created a hostile environment. Not only do they micromanage, but they also enforce that all of their female employees wear high heels!!!! That is completely sexist and ridiculous. Most of them are uneducated and are only in management because it's the only job they have had for the last 20 years. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

Unethical business. Bait and switch routine

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Pay always arrived on time. That's the only positive.

Cons

Very unethical company. I was interviewed for a logistics position and told that my resume was submitted to 3 different companies. I ended up being place in a collection agency call center, completely opposite of what I was led to believe I was signing up for. When I refused the assignment I was then placed in another position that did not relate to what I interviewed for. In 8 months of employment I heard from AppleOne employees a total of times; to verify my high school diploma and twice when the client complained. They make no effort to fight for employee rights with their clients and their personal relationships often present blatant conflicts of interest.

A monthly check up on your associates would go a long way, opposed to just calling when something is going wrong.

Zero Star

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Absolutely nothing! Really, nothing! NOTHING! Nada!

Cons

Never heard from Apple One after signing their agreement. So I went to another staffing agency that got me a job on the day of my interview, which is the day after I submitted my resume.

Communicate with your temps whether it's good or bad.

AppleOne Irving Texas is the worst employment agency I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Irving, TX

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

The only positive experience I had was dealing with Makenzie Mauro, the Operations Coordinator

Cons

This particular agency doesn't support their temps once they have placed them. They tell you, repeatedly, to contact them if you have any issues. However, when you contact them to express some concern, they fire you. They are terribly unorganized and are unconcerned about your morale after you have been placed.

If you continue to treat your people like cattle word will get around that you do not have a sufficient pool of knowledgeable, talented, and dedicated people from which to draw. Clients will not be happy with the representatives you send to them and you will lose business. You are worth nothing to them until you are placed and once you are placed you better keep your mouth shut.

Poor Leadership/Management Skill

Former Employee - Account Executive in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Des Moines, IA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason to work for this company.
    It's a stepping stone into something better.
    There are caring people (Non-management)

Cons

Terrible benefits, poor pay, no work/home life balance. Poor leadership and management.
    The management will take complete advantage of the employee if allowed.
    Not a long term place of employment
    Caring individuals are in non-management positions.

Treat the employees like the are valuable, offer

I am having a very unreal experience with Apple One Wall St location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is my recruiter Nick - great guy!!

Cons

I was recently contacted by a representative at Apple One -Wall St location for a position they felt I was qualified for and they saw my resume on career builder I went in to meet the recruiter and had a very nice interview a few days later I was called and advised that the company they had me in mind for wanted to hire me and that I did not need to actually interview with the company I was elated!!!A few weeks went by and the Apple One recruiter kept in contact with me letting me know that I was on the short list to be hired for this position and I was at least 50 percent just about in the door for this major company. I waited and waited and then I got a call from this recruiter telling me that there was another position I was suitable for as well and that he was tired of the run around with the original company he had recruited me for so I was like ok he said he will put another lady named Andie on the phone to give me more details she came on the phone with a lot of attitude and demanded to know if I was from a different background employment wise I said yes but I will work in any field. Ms Andie began telling me about the job and wanted to know when I could go for an interview I told her when and she said she wld hv to check to see if that time was avail I said ok

The next morning I called at 0900 to speak with my counselor there and was told he no longer worked there I was in utter amazement I again spoke to this Andie she told me she was still trying to get me a spot for the interview and would get back to me. The next day I called again and was told by Tracy -who kept answering the phone that she works with Andie and that she does not know why the previous recruiter told me that I was on the list to be hired and that the position was filled from within the company and that the other position was no longer available as the employer decided not to move forward with the hiring. I was in total total shock then I was told that they don't know why I was given this info by the original recruiter and that this is not correct. Tracy then told me that I should go to Temps agency and also Goodwill I asked her why she was referring me to other rival companies and she said oh its always good to be registered with multiple companies. The next day I called to ask for the managers name and again Tracey answered the phone and was very rude and gave the name of Peter as the manager when asked for his last name she hung up the phone. I called back and asked her why she did that she said we don't give out the manager name but if you want to send your resume here is an email address.

So if anyone at Apple One Corporate can shed the truth about what is going on with Apple One on Wall St please do because I did not solicit them for employment they contacted me via CareerBuilder and I am heartbroken after this experience with them. In fact I am speechless!!!!

Sadly lacking in communication

Current Contractor - Audit Charts, File, Accounts Receivable, Create New Clients Etc in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I had been out of work for several months - I applied for a job on line which required me to go through AppleOne - met with a representative and everything was very positive - I went on several "lame" interviews and got a frantic call at 4:30pm from the "recruiter" assigned to me needing someone to report the next morning ..... I was not thrilled as it was a temp position and paying peanuts .... I accepted now see the Cons.....

Cons

I signed up for full time permanent employment NOT temporary employment .... got a phone call at 4:30pm from them basically begging me to help them out knowing I did not want temp work .... they assured me this was a one time thing only and they would continue to actively pursue full time permanent positions for me ..... I have been at this temp job for over a month and am making pennies - by the end of the week with gas and my commute time I make about $90 per week ...HELLO I have bills to pay and this is not cutting it - I have tried to call and No One is available to take my call - I send e-mails and received one response to my very first one ..... I feel I have a obligation to the company I am working for as I do have a vested interest there now after a month ... HOWEVER I AM NOT IMPRESSED with AppleOne and their feedback to their associates. I suppose I was a open file that needed to get closed so the "recruiter" could make her bonus ...the sad thing is I enjoy where I've been working but am treated as an outsider and just the "hired help" - Very Very disappointed - I have over 30 years of experience and could offer this company a whole lot but it's not my place as I am JUST A TEMP

Contact with associates - positive or negative feedback is welcome - Why wait for an associate to be disappointed before you hear from them. Your organization seems to "throw" people into a temporary job and just pretty much walk away ... that is amazing to me as I managed many teams and constant feedback was a priority

Hard to get work. The never call.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company if they call for assignments.

Cons

Never getting a call for assignments.

Listen to match the skills of the applicant