AppleOne

Updated September 18, 2014
3.5

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Betrayed and Dishonest

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They always have open positions

Cons

They do not care about their employees contracted with them, they only care about the hiring clients.

First off, I worked for AppleOne as temp to hire for over 2 years. The company I was contracted with through AppleOne told me that my pay amount was incorrect, less than what they agreed to pay me not including Apple Ones fee. I took this to my recruiter and they laughed and said they'll fix it with NO back pay. Then, the same company I contracted for laid off 80% of there full-time employees and kept the temps but our work load was 5x more. I told Appleone and they said to submit your duties in writing. I did and still have this today. I was then let go from my contracted company and now Appleone will not hire me. They give me every excuse in the book when I apply for a job. OH MAJOR -- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MEDICAL WITH THEM, THE COMPANY TOOK OVER $4,000 FROM ME AND WHEN I FINALLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR THEY SAID THEY NEVER HEARD OF THE COMPANY. I CONTACTED EVERY DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO ONE TAKES THE INSURANCE.

False Hope

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

NONE - this place is horrible

Cons

Fake job listings, false pay information, recruiters that don't speak or write properly.

Next time don't offer a job paying $21/hr and then when I accept say it changed to $14/hr.

Unhelpful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Were helpful in discovering what skills had employment potential.

Cons

I had been an employee for several months in 2005. I received many assignments. One turned into a full time job. I reconnected with the employment agency again in 2014 and received no leads of any kind.

Discuss assignment policy instead of leading prospective clients on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Time to go back to school

Former Employee - Temp  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Temp in Denver, CO

I worked at AppleOne part-time for more than a year

Pros

It is temp work, which should motivate you to go back to school or make you rethink your goals in life.

Cons

It is temp work, if you enjoy being loaned out for crappy jobs for crappy pay and do not want to do any thinking this would be a perfect fit.

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management.

*Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how:
    1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req
    2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly.
    3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale.

The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE
    example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

Loved my job, hated the company

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great and loyal staff. Good training programs.

Cons

There are so many... here are just a few:
     - the company is notoriously cheap
     - too much focus on the bottom line (for the owners)
     - the strategy appears to be short-sighted (or stuck in the 1980's)
     - systems are behind the times and the systems staff is overwhelmed with the number of fixes
     - management does not stand up for employees and there are no long-term employee development programs

Lackluster at finding jobs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff is young and dress professional.

Cons

I have been working with Appleone since the 2013. The local agency never has openings. When they do and it's higher paying. The office makes every excuse not to put you in that position (even if you qualify). As if they're waiting for a certain type of person to place in that position (friend, family member, man/woman, black/white). Never was advised that the person I was working with was no longer there.

Look at your recruiting team and see if they are looking out for the best interest of the company.

Company is going downhill!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the folks that work there are great people....

Cons

The company does not value it's employees, especially the long standing employees that built the comapny. Management is pushing down unrealistic goals for the employees to achieve therefore company discontent is on the rise. Recent new management changes has brought in individuals that talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

Get rid of key individuals in Marketing/Training and begin again to go back to the basics that Bernie, the owner, practices.

A Lack Of Care

Current Employee - Contract Employee  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

If, and only if, you keep after them, they can usually find some work not matter how below your actual skill level.

Cons

Complete and total lack of caring. Are you working in the system? OK, ignore. Do you request reassignment? Make appropriate noises and ignore. Hey, the contract employee is still bringing in money for the company, even if the job isn't ideal and isn't making enough to pay the bills! Once you're in, there is no further interest in your goals, abilities, or needs. And they work autonomously -- declare they know nothing about what is available in the company system, but then recruiters in other offices are hesitant to consider a contract employee "working" out of another office.

Take a very long look at what the lazy approach your "top" recruiters are taking. This company could be making a lot more money off of my talents if there were less lip service and more active pursuit of getting employees already into the system into a better contract or temp position when they are available.

Disappointing Agency - Would not recommend to employers/companies or individuals looking for work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and courteous in tone. Good advertising and promotion.

Cons

Poor communication, poor follow up, slow to respond. Unprofessional - gave excuses and the runaround. Did not build good rapport. Could not follow through on promises and what they could do for companies and future employees.

Better communication from staff to employers and staff to potential employees. There should be a required response time such as 24 hours regardless of whether there is an update or not. Should have an appropriate response within HR guidelines instead of no response at all.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!