AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different(in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off(in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another(in 5 reviews)

Awesome opportunity with an awesome company, Corelogic Credco.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Dimas, CA

ProsI received a job assignment within two days of interviewing with AppleOne.
    Providing me an opportunity to work with Corelogic Credco for 2 years.

ConsNot much communication with employment agents.

I enjoyed working for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe representatives are great at keeping in touch with their clients.

ConsThere were no challenges so far.

Appleone

Prosget jobs fairly quick and staff tries hard to get you positions

Consthey don't always have positions in the field you want

Advice to Senior Managementbetter structure of balancing workload to employees no favorites

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved my job, hated the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat and loyal staff. Good training programs.

ConsThere are so many... here are just a few:
     - the company is notoriously cheap
     - too much focus on the bottom line (for the owners)
     - the strategy appears to be short-sighted (or stuck in the 1980's)
     - systems are behind the times and the systems staff is overwhelmed with the number of fixes
     - management does not stand up for employees and there are no long-term employee development programs

Family owners run a tight ship and seem genuinely interested in people who want to grow with the company.

ProsVery driven, professional staff are encouraged to find solutions, to listen to candidates and to provide fast, high-earning career options. Lots of opportunities for growth among the Branch team. One unique feature is the availability of customized marketing tools - a rarity in this business - and a 5•50 guarantee backing the quality of candidates you place. If you have a passion for helping people reach new heights in their work life, check out AppleOne.

ConsThe only down-side is the time you find yourself spending making things happen. Since there is no cap to what you earn, it's easy to spend a lot of time pursuing your goals. What's different compared to other shops is 50 years of experience behind you. Managers are expert at pointing you to solid leads and helping you maximize both earnings and client satisfaction.

Appleone is one of the Best Staffing Agencies I have ever worked for!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Schiller Park, IL

ProsI really appreciate the efficiency and quick turn around time they provide to their employees, along with professionalism. Good upbeat people!!

ConsOne of my challenges was the commute on public transportation to assignments. But that was up to me to advise them of where I could commute, and soon they provided me with assignments that I could get to easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and personal touch you have with your employees. They feel that you really care when you come to an assignment just to meet them and see if their happy and comfortable at their assignment.

AppleOne Marketing Manager responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a Glassdoor review for us. We're glad you enjoyed our personal touch and efficiency!

It's ok if you don't mind being places in temporary positions

Temporary (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsGreat at starting entry level positions going off your strengths on what you can do

Consthey say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way how to do applications online

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Office Coordinator (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsI was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

ConsThere was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Lackluster at finding jobs.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsStaff is young and dress professional.

ConsI have been working with Appleone since the 2013. The local agency never has openings. When they do and it's higher paying. The office makes every excuse not to put you in that position (even if you qualify). As if they're waiting for a certain type of person to place in that position (friend, family member, man/woman, black/white). Never was advised that the person I was working with was no longer there.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your recruiting team and see if they are looking out for the best interest of the company.

Area manager

ProsA family company that has a goal and a heart. Zero debit, privately held means a stable future. Average tenure is 20 years!! I love the past and the future of this organization

ConsThere is no cons. You have the freedom and support to be successful

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!