AppleOne

Updated October 20, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Temp work pays the bills but looking for a full time employment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

I am having a very unreal experience with Apple One Wall St location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is my recruiter Nick - great guy!!

Cons

I was recently contacted by a representative at Apple One -Wall St location for a position they felt I was qualified for and they saw my resume on career builder I went in to meet the recruiter and had a very nice interview a few days later I was called and advised that the company they had me in mind for wanted to hire me and that I did not need to actually interview with the company I was elated!!!A few weeks went by and the Apple One recruiter kept in contact with me letting me know that I was on the short list to be hired for this position and I was at least 50 percent just about in the door for this major company. I waited and waited and then I got a call from this recruiter telling me that there was another position I was suitable for as well and that he was tired of the run around with the original company he had recruited me for so I was like ok he said he will put another lady named Andie on the phone to give me more details she came on the phone with a lot of attitude and demanded to know if I was from a different background employment wise I said yes but I will work in any field. Ms Andie began telling me about the job and wanted to know when I could go for an interview I told her when and she said she wld hv to check to see if that time was avail I said ok

The next morning I called at 0900 to speak with my counselor there and was told he no longer worked there I was in utter amazement I again spoke to this Andie she told me she was still trying to get me a spot for the interview and would get back to me. The next day I called again and was told by Tracy -who kept answering the phone that she works with Andie and that she does not know why the previous recruiter told me that I was on the list to be hired and that the position was filled from within the company and that the other position was no longer available as the employer decided not to move forward with the hiring. I was in total total shock then I was told that they don't know why I was given this info by the original recruiter and that this is not correct. Tracy then told me that I should go to Temps agency and also Goodwill I asked her why she was referring me to other rival companies and she said oh its always good to be registered with multiple companies. The next day I called to ask for the managers name and again Tracey answered the phone and was very rude and gave the name of Peter as the manager when asked for his last name she hung up the phone. I called back and asked her why she did that she said we don't give out the manager name but if you want to send your resume here is an email address.

So if anyone at Apple One Corporate can shed the truth about what is going on with Apple One on Wall St please do because I did not solicit them for employment they contacted me via CareerBuilder and I am heartbroken after this experience with them. In fact I am speechless!!!!

Sadly lacking in communication

Current Employee - Audit Charts, File, Accounts Receivable, Create New Clients Etc in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had been out of work for several months - I applied for a job on line which required me to go through AppleOne - met with a representative and everything was very positive - I went on several "lame" interviews and got a frantic call at 4:30pm from the "recruiter" assigned to me needing someone to report the next morning ..... I was not thrilled as it was a temp position and paying peanuts .... I accepted now see the Cons.....

Cons

I signed up for full time permanent employment NOT temporary employment .... got a phone call at 4:30pm from them basically begging me to help them out knowing I did not want temp work .... they assured me this was a one time thing only and they would continue to actively pursue full time permanent positions for me ..... I have been at this temp job for over a month and am making pennies - by the end of the week with gas and my commute time I make about $90 per week ...HELLO I have bills to pay and this is not cutting it - I have tried to call and No One is available to take my call - I send e-mails and received one response to my very first one ..... I feel I have a obligation to the company I am working for as I do have a vested interest there now after a month ... HOWEVER I AM NOT IMPRESSED with AppleOne and their feedback to their associates. I suppose I was a open file that needed to get closed so the "recruiter" could make her bonus ...the sad thing is I enjoy where I've been working but am treated as an outsider and just the "hired help" - Very Very disappointed - I have over 30 years of experience and could offer this company a whole lot but it's not my place as I am JUST A TEMP

Contact with associates - positive or negative feedback is welcome - Why wait for an associate to be disappointed before you hear from them. Your organization seems to "throw" people into a temporary job and just pretty much walk away ... that is amazing to me as I managed many teams and constant feedback was a priority

Hard to get work. The never call.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company if they call for assignments.

Cons

Never getting a call for assignments.

Listen to match the skills of the applicant

Great for a Newbee

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great learning environment for someone without staffing experience. Training is free and constant.

Cons

Low salaries, high sales quota expectations that may be unrealistic for someone without 500 people on their Facebook page.

Increase salary, lower quotas and improve technical infrastructure.

Not holding up their end

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They find you a really good job and they are there on the first day of employment if you have any questions or any concerns.

Cons

There are no perks. When your assignment has ended you won't hear from them again. I has applied for numerous jobs under this company and never get a response.

Keep in touch with clients that work under you company so people feel that you care or concerned.

Caters to select few

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly and appear organized.

Cons

Seems as though jobs are posted for only the most experienced
    There's very little communication from your representative once you have had your initial interview and completed the assessments. Seems like a "don't call us we will call you" environment.
    Say they want to help you reach your career goals but don't attempt to follow through

Recruiters should be encouraged to provide feedback to candidates whether it's positive or negative-tell us what we need to improve to get that job.

Stressful

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, bonus time, there is nothing else to discuss.

Cons

Over worked. Micro-management. Old software, micro management, insurance not so good.

Friendly administrators.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

To become an Administrator that is available to help consumers to find a job that they would fit into, in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

As a professional employee, to be aware the time-off policies is important. Any position that I apply for is where I want to offer personal growth, and be an asset to the company. I want a full time job, 40 hours a week and available for overtime.

Please know that I have over 10 years of Customer Service in my work experience. I enjoy communicating with consumers. I have a perfect attendance record. If you would like a quick learner, problem solver with a strong work ethic, I hope you consider me for a position with your company.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.