AppleOne

Updated October 24, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Temp work pays the bills but looking for a full time employment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Staff!

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

Hard to get work. The never call.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company if they call for assignments.

Cons

Never getting a call for assignments.

Listen to match the skills of the applicant

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

Cons

One of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

Betrayed and Dishonest

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They always have open positions

Cons

They do not care about their employees contracted with them, they only care about the hiring clients.

First off, I worked for AppleOne as temp to hire for over 2 years. The company I was contracted with through AppleOne told me that my pay amount was incorrect, less than what they agreed to pay me not including Apple Ones fee. I took this to my recruiter and they laughed and said they'll fix it with NO back pay. Then, the same company I contracted for laid off 80% of there full-time employees and kept the temps but our work load was 5x more. I told Appleone and they said to submit your duties in writing. I did and still have this today. I was then let go from my contracted company and now Appleone will not hire me. They give me every excuse in the book when I apply for a job. OH MAJOR -- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MEDICAL WITH THEM, THE COMPANY TOOK OVER $4,000 FROM ME AND WHEN I FINALLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR THEY SAID THEY NEVER HEARD OF THE COMPANY. I CONTACTED EVERY DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO ONE TAKES THE INSURANCE.

False Hope

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

NONE - this place is horrible

Cons

Fake job listings, false pay information, recruiters that don't speak or write properly.

Next time don't offer a job paying $21/hr and then when I accept say it changed to $14/hr.

Very good learning experience.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good pay. Great hours. Great place to learn about the staffing industry.

Cons

Takes 6 months before you can start using vacation days or time off.
    For someone who had no true staffing experience, training was on a "need-to-know" basis.

Keep an active role in each office. Make training a central point.

Micromanagement / High Expectations = Low Reward

Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time
    Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time

I worked at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It could be rewarding to develop your portfolio if you were given enough time to learn the job.

Cons

No opportunity to develop their employees. Very high turnaround due to multiple metrics / quotas that must be reached on a weekly basis in order to keep your job for another week. Additionally, multiple employers in this region are very inauspicious toward AppleOne aside from some major accounts. Many local accounts in which a new staffing consultants up to senior account executives are responsible for developing hang up on you as soon as you say the company's name.

You are scheduled for a full month's worth of training, but my office was so far behind that I had no opportunity to do proper training because the pressure was on to have 15-20 interviews per week, plus 25-50 connects, 10 send outs, and more.

If you meet your quotas for the week, you will not have to work on the weekend. If you don't, you better be ready for the next week (if you still have a job).

Good placement

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I so do not remember enough to add here.

Cons

I have nothing to add here.

Appleone

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

get jobs fairly quick and staff tries hard to get you positions

Cons

they don't always have positions in the field you want

better structure of balancing workload to employees no favorites