AppleOne

Updated October 14, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Unhelpful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Were helpful in discovering what skills had employment potential.

Cons

I had been an employee for several months in 2005. I received many assignments. One turned into a full time job. I reconnected with the employment agency again in 2014 and received no leads of any kind.

Discuss assignment policy instead of leading prospective clients on.

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management.

*Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how:
    1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req
    2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly.
    3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale.

The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE
    example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

Time to go back to school

Former Employee - Temp in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Temp in Denver, CO

I worked at AppleOne part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is temp work, which should motivate you to go back to school or make you rethink your goals in life.

Cons

It is temp work, if you enjoy being loaned out for crappy jobs for crappy pay and do not want to do any thinking this would be a perfect fit.

Awesome opportunity with an awesome company, Corelogic Credco.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I received a job assignment within two days of interviewing with AppleOne.
    Providing me an opportunity to work with Corelogic Credco for 2 years.

Cons

Not much communication with employment agents.

It's ok if you don't mind being places in temporary positions

Former Employee - Temporary in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Temporary in Riverside, CA

I worked at AppleOne part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great at starting entry level positions going off your strengths on what you can do

Cons

they say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers.

Change the way how to do applications online

Michelle and the rest of the Charleston TEAM worked really hard to FIND Me a position that I mesh well with.

Current Employee - Retention Coordinator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Retention Coordinator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was reluctant about coming to this agency, but recruiting team did a great job of listening to me and my skill set. After being harassed and mistreated at my previous job, I came to AppleOne looking for other options for employment. I wanted to work where my excellent work ethics and extensive background could be utilized to the absolute fullest. Michelle nailed it in the first try getting me linked with my current position and I couldn't be anymore happier. She gave me a new outlook on the work world.

Cons

The perks to this placement is knowing that in 90 days I will be a permanent employee of a well known international company.

I think management should have surveys put in applicant files so they can be completed and mailed to supervisors, to get a better understanding of how this agency works well with its supporting communities.

Area manager

I have been working at AppleOne (more than 5 years)

Pros

A family company that has a goal and a heart. Zero debit, privately held means a stable future. Average tenure is 20 years!! I love the past and the future of this organization

Cons

There is no cons. You have the freedom and support to be successful

9 Years of continued success!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Uncapped commission structure, yearly sales incentive trip to exotic locations, working as a team, personal growth both financially and professionally. I continue to be challenged daily and respect the involvement of our President and CEO. Constant training and development of staff is offered as well as career growth!

Cons

Would like to be able to work from home on certain days.

A+++

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love that we run our own "desks," working in a team environment, meeting new people, being with a senior team, continuously learning new things, no complaints about salary - we determine how much we make! I have been promoted twice in two years and I plan on continuing to move up.
    Much support through our corporate office.

Cons

I have no cons to list. I am thankful and appreciative of my career.

N/A

A Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Owners are forward thinkers. Leadership from top down is honest and ethical. Stable company in business for over 50 years.

Cons

Finding top sales in area.

Wish would receive yearly raises if office is profiting.