AppleOne

Updated September 15, 2014
3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

A Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Owners are forward thinkers. Leadership from top down is honest and ethical. Stable company in business for over 50 years.

Cons

Finding top sales in area.

Wish would receive yearly raises if office is profiting.

AppleOne has been in business for 50 years for a very good reason- it's an amazing company to work- I love it!

Current Employee - Staffing Associate  in  Cordova, TN
    Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Cordova, TN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many great reasons to work here. I've received excellent training to make my transition into this internal Recruiting position easy. There is a very clearly defined career path for growth within the company. "The candidate is the center of the universe" and I truly enjoy helping people which is the primary focus of the company. Opportunity to go on a trip if goals are met.

Cons

Although it's not possible to help every candidate get a position, at least I can be a resource to everyone I meet.

None- I love the local, regional and upper management here. Being the largest privately held recruiting firm, I feel we have a voice, it's heard and we are all treated with the respect they want us to show to every single person we met.

Incredible Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great growth opportunities with unlimited salary potential! This is a position where you get out what you put in. If you enjoy making money and helping people, this is the position for you!

Cons

It can be stressful at times--there are always interruptions, and you have to be able to manage your time and prioritize. If you can find that balance, you will be successful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best company to work for!

Current Employee - Operations Associate  in  Cordova, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Cordova, TN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

AppleOne offers to help any candidate, whether it be finding a position or, if it is a candidate with a background we don't specialize in, finding a resource that could help them move forward with their career search. I love working for this company because they guarantee great opportunities for professional growth and offer full support of promoting.

Cons

Unfortunately, we can't place everyone and there aren't enough hours in the day to talk to all of the candidates.

Perhaps, we could try to offer more marketing material for candidates and not just clients.

An overall amazing opportunity with a well-established company in business for over 50 years!

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to sell our services to the community based on our tailored made solutions which help companies achieve their long term goals...

Cons

I wish we were in a position to be able to help every candidate that walks through the doors...

The training/mentoring program is exceptional and really gives you the opportunity to grow within the company at the right pace...

Absolutely the BEST staffing service to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AppleOne offers an amazing opportunity for career/financial growth with our promote from within culture and uncapped commission plans. Best of both worlds as a family owned business without a lot of "red tape" to make a decision and a strong, financially sound corporate support structure. Innovative programs such as 5 year guarantee help both our clients & candidates.

Cons

Any challenges I have come from the staffing industry in general, not AppleOne.

Corporate to field communications could always be improved.

An all around refreshing experience, especially after when compared to other area recruiters.

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Highly professional company and employees. Excellent follow up and follow through. They consistently do what they said they will do, always keeping me in the know.
    I especially appreciate their regular "mass emails", which is a broadcast of available jobs to peruse.

Cons

The only deficiency I came across in my dealings with AppleOne is their Online Application. The entry field perimeters don't always accommodate the questions posed, and some of the areas time-out long before one has enough time to insert the info/data requested.

This company proves that you don't need to be all pomp and circumstance to effectively perform and excel in business. AppleOne sets itself apart from the sea of quota-driven recruiters, expressly because they are truly more professional, pro-active and effective than any other recruiter I've worked with to date.

Unmatched in the industry, in many ways!

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Dedicated Recruiter, weekly follow up, significant exposure in market, professional image, large network of clients.

Cons

Can not guarantee employment, however I wouldn't expect that for a free service.

I look forward to going to work everyday!

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant  in  Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Newport News, VA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really cares about its employees and their success, and the branch that I work in is compromised of some of the best colleagues I have had. They are encouraging and motivating as well as a true team!
    I also love the feeling that I get being able to help someone find a job and know that they will be a great match for the company!

Cons

Staffing was a new career for me, so the transition was a challenging one, however, my teammates continue to help me grow and encourage me to contribute to the team.

Great Opportunity for Growth

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I appreciate AppleOne for their commitment to excellence. The mentors I've had and the opportunities for advancement within the company have been exceptional. This is a company that values professionalism, work ethic, drive, integrity and common sense! If you have those things, you will go far with AppleOne.

Cons

The biggest challenge working with AppleOne is that our clients can't hire everyone we represent (although oftentimes they would like to!). Our passion is to take the challenge on daily to identify and connect great candidates and companies.

Keep mentoring, training and growing your employees; we're truly grateful for it!

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!