AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

BOOOO

Account Executive (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsRecruiting boot camp lots of calls ability to make your own business and create your own SME

ConsMicromanagement
     flex hours
    environment was terrible
    Morning meetings were more destructive than producrive

A family business where you can find a place to grow.

ProsIt is a large organization with deep resources while remaining very entrepreneurial in spirit. There aren't a lot of levels of approval or hierarchy and good ideas and effort are appreciated. It is family run, and management really does care deeply about its employees. If you are on the sales side growth is there for the taking and the company provides fantastic training and development resources

ConsThe flat hierarchy and long corporate tenure means that in non-sales roles there aren't as many levels to be promoted into. The company still supports growth, but it's a little less defined than it is on the sales side, and you'll want to take a more active role in directing your career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to hire great people who will be able to grow into your future superstars.

May 5, 2014Marketing Manager

We're glad you enjoy working at AppleOne and thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor.

Company is going downhill!

Sales (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome of the folks that work there are great people....

ConsThe company does not value it's employees, especially the long standing employees that built the comapny. Management is pushing down unrealistic goals for the employees to achieve therefore company discontent is on the rise. Recent new management changes has brought in individuals that talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of key individuals in Marketing/Training and begin again to go back to the basics that Bernie, the owner, practices.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best temp agency I've ever worked with!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Oceanport, NJ

ProsI have worked with AppleOne both on Wall Street and in the Asbury Park/Shore area of NJ. Both offices had very proactive reps, had no payroll problems and, when I worked on Wall Street in 2010 during a series of extreme snow storms, kept me informed as to whether I should report to work. In NJ, my rep checks in monthly with me as to how things are going. They have placed me in my current temp-to-perm assignment and in another long-term assignment that ended two months before my current assignment, which, given the economy around here after Sandy, is pretty amazing.

ConsCan be slow to replace temps with poor job performance, attendance, or skill sets.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen both your other employees on assignment at a job and the customer complain about the poor work habits or productivity, remove them from the job rather than giving them a pep talk.

Apr 17, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on Glassdoor.

We appreciate the feedback and advice, and are glad that our service exceeded your expectations.

Please keep us in mind for
    ... More

Account executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat place to work. Very good training and safe friendly work environment.

ConsTurnover is to high.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen door policies.

May 5, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor.com for AppleOne. We appreciate the feedback and I will forward your review to our management team.

Good company to work for!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThey found me good paying jobs quickly.

ConsI wasn't in a position to be offered any permanent positions.

A Lack Of Care

Contract Employee (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsIf, and only if, you keep after them, they can usually find some work not matter how below your actual skill level.

ConsComplete and total lack of caring. Are you working in the system? OK, ignore. Do you request reassignment? Make appropriate noises and ignore. Hey, the contract employee is still bringing in money for the company, even if the job isn't ideal and isn't making enough to pay the bills! Once you're in, there is no further interest in your goals, abilities, or needs. And they work autonomously -- declare they know nothing about what is available in the company system, but then recruiters in other offices are hesitant to consider a contract employee "working" out of another office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a very long look at what the lazy approach your "top" recruiters are taking. This company could be making a lot more money off of my talents if there were less lip service and more active pursuit of getting employees already into the system into a better contract or temp position when they are available.

Disappointing Agency - Would not recommend to employers/companies or individuals looking for work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsFriendly and courteous in tone. Good advertising and promotion.

ConsPoor communication, poor follow up, slow to respond. Unprofessional - gave excuses and the runaround. Did not build good rapport. Could not follow through on promises and what they could do for companies and future employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication from staff to employers and staff to potential employees. There should be a required response time such as 24 hours regardless of whether there is an update or not. Should have an appropriate response within HR guidelines instead of no response at all.

Good company to start your HR career

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsTeam oriented, clear goals for promotions and complete transparency within each branch.

ConsHigh stress level and hard work life balance.

Be Appletized...

Appleone (Current Employee) Temecula, CA

ProsNo college education or related work experience is needed.
    Great employees.

ConsOutdated technology, processes and poor management.
    Management thrives on giving the under-educated, unskilled population a chance to make $50K; while this doesn't seem like a con, education is not valued and new ideas/creativity is not welcomed.
    Poor management.
    They claim to be the voice and advocate of the unemployed but they are more driven towards helping the ppl they like the most regardless of skill set.

Advice to Senior ManagementBranch managers gossiped unprofessionally about the Howroyd Family and local employers. These branch professionals often bragged about being able to "ruin" someone professionally. This is diametrically opposite the core values that are taught in the onboarding process. The company will not become a billion dollar company until they update technology, demonstrate exemplary customer service by calling ppl back and remaining actively in contact (instead of hosting workshops and encouraging them to post great reviews on Yelp in order to move negative reviews down). Develop a social media plan. Social media is the future and AppleOne is severely behind in this respect.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!