AppleOne

Updated August 28, 2014

3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved this place.

Former Employee - General Office Clerk  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - General Office Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters are really interested in helping you find employment. They are aware of your availability and your skills. Pay is weekly...always good. They helped me in finding a temp assignment when I really needed it and the hours for the assignment were awesome. I had time for my baby and my school work.

Cons

No benefits. No guarantee on job assignment coming to you quickly.

Consider extending health benefits to all employees, not just full time.

They quickly found a position for me.

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

They were very quick and efficient at finding a temp position for me.

Cons

Fairly high turnover which lead to confusion for the temps and lost paperwork.

Excellent place to make a difference for others. I enjoy helping and find the challenge fulfilling.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nearly everything we do has the eventual result of aiding many people in gaining employment.

Cons

The building we are currently in hasn't aged well. Constant little problems, but those fortunately don't have a significant effect on work....just funny to discuss with coworkers.

Don't forget about corporate employees. The associates in the field can earn commission and qualify for company events. The other 10% of us only get to hear about all the fun they have!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent, supportive team with an amazing go to person in my recruiter.

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator  in  Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Jennifer Peck is my awesome go to person, despite being very busy she always gets back to me, and she found me my first assignment not a day after signing up with her.
    Every assignment give me more "tools" for my professional "tool belt" to make me a better candidate for the next company I go for.

Cons

it is a temp service so the work is not consistent, but that usually means more flexibility too, which can be helpful.

Need more ways to "sing" the praises and positive comments on the personnel who really make a difference.

Lackluster at finding jobs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff is young and dress professional.

Cons

I have been working with Appleone since the 2013. The local agency never has openings. When they do and it's higher paying. The office makes every excuse not to put you in that position (even if you qualify). As if they're waiting for a certain type of person to place in that position (friend, family member, man/woman, black/white). Never was advised that the person I was working with was no longer there.

Look at your recruiting team and see if they are looking out for the best interest of the company.

Great metrics and staffing tools, but poor employee morale and questionable values.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great schedule, very nice office setting, and I was given plenty of resources to succeed in my position. Above average commission program. I was lucky to have an excellent manager as well.

Cons

Very metric driven, high turnover, and a sometimes vicious and paranoid culture. Account executives get overly protective of candidates instead of focusing on finding people work. It is not uncommon for co-workers and partner branches to not get along. Low base salary and the benefits are expensive considering the size and scope of the company. Management above the branch level was nearly invisible.

Upper management could spend more time showing concern for the work environment instead of just sales. Sales is king at AppleOne.

At the time 1999 Bernie had the right vision for the company

Former Employee - Regional Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Director in New York, NY

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New to the staffing industry people can learn quicking on how to sell and recruit. Appleone employees running a full desk. (temp & Full-time) (sales & recruiting)
    Company is only as good as the Manager in each region. I lead a good region and enjoyed most of my time with Appleone.

Cons

Some managers lack people skills. All employees should be treated equally no matter if you're the CEO or a Receptionist. Turnover, because of poor hires and bad field Management. Corp Human Resources lacks leadership

Hire Managers with good people skills that motivate staff. Change is good, corporate office needs change... new people with different ideas. AppleOne was a fun place for my first two years. If leadership sets the right attitude and field management follows it would be a good place to work. Consider hiring back people from the past that were good influencers and producers. They like myself could help change AppleOne for the better.

Staffing Consultant

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

This is a deffinte sink or swim situation. If you excel in this type of situation this is the place for you. They will continuously challenge you to do more and excel.

Cons

There tends to be a ton of office drama and politics. The trainers are great but have limited resources and are stretched very thing despite all their management gives.

Slow

I worked at AppleOne part-time

Pros

Nice people, polite and fun

Cons

slow in getting things done

BOOOO

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Recruiting boot camp lots of calls ability to make your own business and create your own SME

Cons

Micromanagement
     flex hours
    environment was terrible
    Morning meetings were more destructive than producrive

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!