AppleOne

Updated July 29, 2014

3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Temped and disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Got me a position real quick.

Cons

Pay was way too low and no wiggle room at all. Upset when I got a permanent job elsewhere and ended my contract as soon as they found out I was going to start somewhere in two weeks. Staffing consultant was very rude.

Work more with the market out there.

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management.

*Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how:
    1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req
    2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly.
    3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale.

The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE
    example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!