AppleOne Reviews

2.9
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd
1 Rating

Pros
  • I loved working with friendly, positive, "Go-getters" in a fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 6 reviews)

• they say that there might be a chance for a job to be full time but mostly the companies want a temporary workers (in 6 reviews)

1. Contract work

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AppleOne (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters work to find the right job for you

Cons

After being hired it is tough to change jobs within the AppleOne community.

Cheap!

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Spend 1 year to 18 months max working here. You can use the experience and transfer it to Recruiting (for a good corporate company), Admin support, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Project Management. *Learn how to interview people (this helps when you're on the other side as a candidate because you are able to learn the language of interviewing well)

Cons

While I worked here as an entry level recruiter I felt like a pimp. The trainers try to spin it like you're helping people, but you're actually exploiting them while they are at their most vulnerable. Here's how: 1.Ask candidates where they applied and who they interviewed with. Contact that company and try to push your way into getting a req 2. If a candidate is hired as a temp you cut into their pay. For example, for a candidate who earns $10 hourly Appleone is billing the client+$30.00 hourly. 3. Contact candidate references under the guise of checking references, really though the purpose is not to learn more about the candidate. The purpose of refernce checking is to try to "flip" the call into a sale. The owner, Bernie fits the description of a slimy salesmen, and he's proud of it. Offices are run down - old equipment, low base salaries, expensive benefits (no 401k matching). When Bernie visits offices he encourages Receuiters to MANIPULATE example: "Oh, was it Jane Doe that interviewed you?" The idea is to make up a name so that the candidate will say "No actually ----- interviewed me"

Temped and disappointed

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Got me a position real quick.

Cons

Pay was way too low and no wiggle room at all. Upset when I got a permanent job elsewhere and ended my contract as soon as they found out I was going to start somewhere in two weeks. Staffing consultant was very rude.

Advice to Management

Work more with the market out there.

RSS Feed </> Embed