Appleton Learning Reviews

Glenn Clayton

1. Great Experience

Current Employee - Aide/Tutor in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Aide/Tutor in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Appleton Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appleton is a growing company with a lot to offer! I have enjoyed working in the school systems and as a academic tutor as well. Management is always available to answer any questions or concerns. Perfect company to grow with!

Cons

No pay during holidays and breaks.

2. I love Appleton!

Current Employee - Instructional Aide in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Instructional Aide in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Appleton Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appleton has by far been the best company I have ever worked for. They have provided me opportunities to learn, grow, and flourish in my job. I feel prepared to go into work every day, and that is a great comfort. One of my favorite parts about Appleton is that it is not just a company. It is a team of hardworking people who love education, people and positively impacting the community. When you work for Appleton you are a part of this team. Also, those over me care about me doing well in my job, and they help me succeed. I feel well trained to do my best job. It has been a true blessing to be an Appleton employee.

Cons

I cannot think of anything

I Look Forward to Coming to Work Every Day at Appleton

I have been working at Appleton Learning full-time

Pros

Appleton is a wonderful, innovative, rapidly growing company to work for. I enjoy the fast-paced, creative environment, and the hardworking, passionate team of people. Everyone is working towards the same goal and eager to help one another reach it. Management is always open to suggestions and trusts their employees. No competitions to get to the top, and no disgruntled, lazy employees. Great work environment with friendly employees. I look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

No 401K plan - that's it.

Advice to Management

No advice to management.

5. Reach for the Stars with Appleton Learning

Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Huntsville, AL

Pros

I applied on-line on a Sunday , was called on Monday afternoon and an Interview was set up. Thus, I began my career with Appleton. I have thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Appleton. I learn something new everyday and am not made to feel inadequate. Appleton is the future and I am proud to be apart of an organization that is helping groom our leaders of tomorrow. Employees from the school level to the Corporate seem to always have a smile on there faces and ready to get a move on. I am loving what I do and enjoy coming to work each and everyday. Some days are crazy but we all just work together and get the job done - no matter who is doing what. Thanks Appleton Learning, a school solutions partnership.

Cons

Prior to the last few weeks I would have said the con was not knowing the direction the company was headed. However , this has been addressed and I feel I am a part of the Appleton Puzzle now.

6. Still Kicking

I have been working at Appleton Learning full-time

Pros

Appleton Learning has transformed from a small time tutoring and test prep company to a regional leader in talent management. I have been here for a little over 5 years, slowly working my way up the food chain. The people are amazing. They are committed to kids and to the schools they work in. The operations team is astonishing. The education department is inspiring. The sales department is on fire. The major pro to working here is knowing you are making a difference in the lives of students, parents, teachers, and the larger community. Another bonus is that if you are good, they will promote you, and they will do it fast.

Cons

It can be intense during implementation season when new districts come on. Upper management needs a crash course on effective communicating. If you are in a school working as a paraprofessional it can get lonely.

Advice to Management

Slow down. Remember that the sooner we know, the better we can respond. Figure out a way to extend the culture beyond the main offices and into all of the schools.

7. The Best Fit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Appleton has always been great at recognizing where one's talent lies and finding creative ways to use that talent!

Cons

That I can't live here.

Advice to Management

Hire more people like me!

8. The job isn't bad if you need something part time.

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at Appleton Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my job. It was easy for me. I never really had to plan ahead because I have lots of experience teaching, and I'm fast on my feet.

Cons

I got exactly zero training. The playbook they use is mediocre at best. I use it, but I tell all students that all the examples in it are terrible. The upper management seems to be out of touch, and they don't care about their employees. And you get paid about a third of what they charge. As the company who is finding me students, they absolutely should take some of it, but I think they take too much. I was also told at some point that I'd get some kind of bonus for bringing in clients. I've had several parents call and ask for me by name but have never been rewarded for it. I also was the only person able to tutor for certain subjects but again didn't get paid any more for bringing in more clients. If you can get your name out there, you can make a ton more money just by tutoring free lance. Oh, and I hated working nights and weekends, but that's just a personal preference and that will come with any tutoring job.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Have some sort of training for lower level employees. Rewrite your playbook.

Progressive, fast paced and exciting!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Appleton fosters an environment that is collaborative, trusting, and growth oriented. Employees work together to reach a common goal.

Cons

No cons to report so far.

Great Opportunity to Build a Career Filled with Success & Satisfaction

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Appleton Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Appleton for a little of 2 years now and wouldn't trade it for any job. My work is challenging yet meaningful and rewarding. Upper management is extremely supportive and pushes employees to truly reach their potential. I've had the opportunity to work in a variety of states throughout the Southeast with this company, and the accommodations are second to none. Thanks to Appleton my career is looking extremely bright and my skill set has grown ten-fold. I get to collaborate with a talented and growing team every day and we all feel like a vital asset to the company as a whole. So far it's been a great ride and I look forward to the future!

Cons

None at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Stellar place to work. Awesome mission.

I have been working at Appleton Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appleton is a very fast-paced environment, and every team member is crucial to the mission.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons that I can think of! The pros definitely outweigh the cons.

RSS Feed </> Embed