Applied Card Systems

Updated Dec 28, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rocco A. Abessinio

Excellent growth position working in an exceptionally positive environment with an expertly assembled team!

Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Card Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsI love this company! Everyone here works so well together. I really feel the HR department does an excellent job of selecting individuals with positive personalities that add diversity and dimension to the team environment. Senior level management spends a lot of time training and developing staff. The CFO is truly interested in educating and offering growth opportunities. Each member of management has their own strengths and leadership styles, which absolutely translates to growth for the staff and the organization.

The projects I'm assigned are challenging and rewarding.

I think the owner of the company is inspirational.

ConsThe company has an excellent PTO policy, but the other benefits aren't great, and the compensation doesn't really make up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe try to get a better benefit package. Otherwise, you guys are doing an amazing job.

The Company Is not as concerned about their employees as they used to be .

Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Card Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt used to be a very exciting place to work The Training staff was top notch and all levels of management were very helpful and supportive and wanted you to succeed.

ConsRecently they are not as supportive to their employees as they used to me and it appears that the company is closing down slowly . Some Management staff left or were forced out and it makes people wonder what next .

Advice to Senior Managementplease remember that employees are not just lines on a balance sheet .

The company is closing down slowly

Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Card Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAt one time it was a great place to work. They had a great training program and the people were very positiive.

ConsPolicies and procedures changed everyday. When you see people leave or get forced out you can sense that something is wrong. This environment creates a lot of fear in regard to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont forget that employees are people not numbers.

A good place to start

I have been working at Applied Card Systems

Prosavailable to high school students

Consrepetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive

Until you can do better

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Card Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsGood hours. Fairly relaxed environment - not much pressure.

ConsSalary ! Salary! Salary! Salary! Salary!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would help if management would be more encouraging and motivating.

good for students or if you are just starting your career

Collections Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Card Systems

Pros-decent pay to HS and college students
-very flexible schedules

Cons-very demanding and required to meet production standards, can be a stressful environment

ACS - Lots of Potential But Hard to Work For

Customer Service Superviisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Card Systems

ProsACS offers decent benefits and some opportunities for advancement. They adhere strictly to HR policies and follow the letter-of-the law with respect to harassment - they have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination.

The training department is first rate. Reps are provided a thorough initial paid training and constant up-training.

ConsThe pay is below average for most workers. Although the company actively pursues and takes action to eliminate discrimination, there is a subtle nepotism which permeates the company. In fact, the owners grown children are part of upper management.

Company policy changes almost daily and there is constant confusion about it. Customer service reps are held to ridiculously high standards (low talk time but high customer service satisfaction, which can never work). Because of the company's customer policies, there is a lot of employee/customer dissatisfaction, which means anyone answering the phones gets beaten up verbally.

Employee turnover is so bad that an inside joke is that ACS is a training school for customer service. Reps learn the trade and move on to bigger and better things at an alarming speed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to quality and less to quantity. Treat the reps with more respect and give them well-trained supervisors and managers who can assist them with customers.

Provide a career path and reasonable working environment to help lower employee turnover.

From an old employee

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Huntington, WV

I worked at Applied Card Systems

ProsApplied Card is a great place to learn about the credit card industry and various federal laws that govern the credit world. Their L & D are good. Their employees, particularly in the office where I worked, were loyal and hard working...receiving consistently high marks in all areas.

ConsMany times you can be stuck in a career rut...doing the same thing day in and day out without much hope of acquiring new skills or knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork toward empowering your employees and instilling in them skills and knowledge not only useful to their present work but for future use as well.

A good place to start, but not to stay...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Card Systems

ProsGood opportunities to learn a little bit of everything, learn how to work with and manage diverse groups of people, and opportunities to move horizontally throughout the company.

ConsThe time I invested in working at ACS was not rewarded financially or with other forms of professionaly rewards, recognition or accolades. The only time I was offered more money was when I resigned. Work environment, as a whole, does not promote a healthy work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a balance for your employees and, frankly, pay them more. They deserve it.

Good Place to find Another Job!

I have been working at Applied Card Systems

ProsThe people who work there are very nice. ACS is a good place to begin a career, but it defintely a stepping stone organization.

ConsSalary grades are very low compared to the external market, with no intention of ever changing the grades to be competitive. No merit increases were given this year and I doubt that merit increases will ever be give again, however they do give a Christmas bonus. The culture is very sneaky and rigid. Don't be 2 minutes late to work, you will get written up or scolded by management. Workplace flexibility is foreign and if you do take sickt time or time off, you get 20 questions from your manager. If you are thinking of working here, google the CEO's name and do some research!!! I made the mistake of being pressured to take the job, once I was in the job, I saw how sneaky and shady ACS was!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your associates better, you will yield a much better work product if you actually cared about the associates and did something nice for them once in a while!

Worked for Applied Card Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Card Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Card Systems CEO Rocco A. Abessinio. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Applied Card Systems employees.