Applied Information Sciences

Applied Information Sciences Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Fred Elleman

Excellent place to work

ProsVercy good work and culture

ConsI don't find any

AIS corrected the mistake

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsBefore listing the pros, I would like to mention that March-2014 firings were rolled back. All employees are called back and most of them joined. The sudden let-go happened because AIS lost a big client and maintaining 25 people on bench was tough. It was heart breaking and painful for everyone. But as soon as AIS got the vendor, they called back all the employees and some of them got hikes in salaries too.

Pros -
    1 - Work on new and upcoming technologies.
    2 - Good salary and free lunch.
    3 - WFH option
    4 - Everyone is knowledgeable.
    5 - Promotes new technologies.

Cons1 - Did some firing on short notice in past.
    2 - HR needs to improve the response time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbove everything - Keep a good exit process. Lot of employee felt bad the way they have been told that no need to come from next day and email ids will be blocked.

Suggestions -
    1 - Now the company is growing so AIS should have a Project Management Group. This group does evaluation of the project at every step on a periodic basis.
    2 - Risk management - Keep the backup plan ready.
    3 - Provide quarterly updates to the employees that how the organization is doing.
    4 - Take up the maintenance projects also.
    5 - Take up KPO projects also and hire people with simple computer skills. These projects may not generate lot of revenue but these projects runs for year after year and is a continuous source of income.

Best Suicidal Spot

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsDon't see any pros as there won't except the flexible Work from Home option.

ConsIt will be like political party manifesto . There will lot of promises but nothing will be materialized. This company is capable of handling 40-50 members only, but they overestimate themselves, hire people and suddenly they will fire them. The job security here is dam low. Company is single client dependent and there is no scope for other clients. Company don't have any process either in the project management or in people management. Least you talk about HR. If you keep them any other company , they not eligible for reception job too.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow yourself better. Don't overestimate , hire extensively and fire them which puts their families in doll-drum. You better know that there are hundred's of companies apart from Microsoft and know that other employees are highly knowledgeable. so pay due respect to others too.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsFlexible work environment.Remote work possibility, good benefits .good salary.

ConsYou never know when your job will be terminated.When there is no project to offer, the performance excuse will start , maybe under some crazy and alcoholic manager, which they try to put you down, then they terminate your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, when there is no project to offer.Just lay off , don't bring stupid excuse about the performance with help of some craze and stupid managers that seems to be alcoholic as well.

Think and join dont drink and join

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsWork form home ..no formals

ConsPlease dont join AIS.There is no job security in Hyderabad.Think many times before joining this farce company.Job security is always in doldrums.They promise a lot when you join and show you heaven and stars when you join but any time you are at the mercy of God and License Raj.Always have buffer of 2 -3 months salary with you for you dont know when you get a kick on the butt. In a span of 12 months they have fired around 50 people in Hyderabad(around Total 150 strength in HYD 25 in august 2013 and 25 in march 2014).If you have joined always go to temple or mosque before coming to office because any day could be your last day in office.Also watch old episodes of Big Boos 1-7 and think yourself the house.This might boost your confidence and moral and might acclimatise you in case you are fired out. Pray to God if you have already joined and be sure to Visit Tirupati devasthanam or any dargha every month after you get your salary. People have been hired and fired within 2-3 months of joining.I have seen firing and hiring both going at the same time.Live example of Mutli threading and async pattern implementation lol!They promise you a lot when you join but as you know looks and talks all are deceptive..!Live example of Facade design pattern...!Dont ruin your future.Be prudent and smart.!Dont get fooled!Beware!.I will always say NO to guys who all are working in MNC in Hyderabad and planning to join this tiny company which runs under tyranny of singleton managing Director.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink innumerable times before taking people in.You are all losing your credibility..! Take vendors if you need you can't digest full time employee even for a year.Don't over use catch and throw employees as exhaustively as we use it in .net framework .Don't play with employees life.Many have family to sustain.I don't think you understand mental torture a family goes through when some one is fired.Visit your employee on Saturdays and Sundays and spend some time in thier home so that you might fall in love with your employees-and their families rather than parting out in 5 start hotels so that you might think before you mass fire! As Ratan Tata has said If you want to walk fast you walk alone and if you want to walk far you walk with a company of people.If you need to grow dont panic and fire have a heart of lion everytinng needs a time.Best of luck!

Good, but may fired anytime.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood Salary, Flexible work timings and good work atmosphere

ConsNever known when the project goes down and fired out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to plan at least for the next 6 months to handle the uncertainty.

Okay.. but not a secure place. Can fire anyone anytime!

ProsProvides good working conditions and enough liberty to excel yourself.

ConsYou never know which project goes down and which resource is thrown out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep enough backup funds so that you can feed your employees for at least 6 months since your projects are very uncertain

Bad experience, hire & fire strategy

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros1) Scope to work on latest technologies.
    2) Flexible work timings and work from home option.

Cons1) Less growth rate
    2) Hierarchy is not proper, you will work under one manager and your appraisal review will done by someone else whom you never spoke to.
    3) No vision & road map to higher management.
    4) Hire & Fire strategy. I have seen it twice. Hire when a project is in pipeline, fire when project is lost. I have seen this couple of times and the firing is at high count.
    5) Spend money lavishly on unnecessary parties.
    6) Bonus amount not given to employees who have worked for the whole year and put their resignation.
    7) HR management doesn't care about employees and doesn't respond to the mails.
    8) Only few client base which is the reason for failure of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not the way to run a company, hire & fire policy should not be the strategy. Have a vision and target good clients

Fat in the middle

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsSmart people in the company, decent pay. With the right management you can maintain a successful career.

ConsEngineers are blamed for poor management. The atmosphere is very (unnecessarily) corporate, and feels driven by money and power over love for the craft. Shipping crap and shifting blame is the away to get ahead. Raises are below cost of living adjustments, unless you can jump positions. On the bright side, if you're in the cliquey inner circle, you can eat on the corporate card quite often.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know what to suggest. Delivering rushed products to government concerns and enterprise level customers seems to be working well for you.

Good firm with lots of growth

ProsVery flat management structure. Very flexible in terms of telecommuting and working from home. Lots of mobile and tablet work; working on some of the latest microsoft technologies (Windows phone, Azure, etc...)

ConsUnder communication between teams and mangers is an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure internal resources (HR, IT) are growing along with the company.

Worked for Applied Information Sciences? Contribute to the Community!