Applied Language Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gavin Wheeldon

The Translation/Localization Chug

Business Development Executive (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsA friendly working environment, a decent work/life balance, everybody understands each other's goals and work together to help achieve them, hygiene-friendly working environment.

ConsDepartment Heads and the Management take all credit for contributions made by the employees of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYearly appraisals are great but what is even better are increments to follow up with those appraisals and festive bonuses based on company growth and employee performance.

Under compensated and incompetant

Technical (Former Employee) Huddersfield, England (UK)

ProsSometimes bacon butties might be bought in

ConsAggressive management, would gladly lie to employess & customers if it gave the impression that something might be on time. Soul-less company just out to make money and no real regard for employee well-being

Advice to Senior ManagementPack up and go home

Quite a dreadful experience due to discrimination

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere might be few but not from my experience unfortunately.

ConsAd hocism, discrimination, poor senior management, low quality, no professional training, learning and growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany strategy development should not be a one man show.
    Broaden the vision, focus on quality, employee training and cohesion.
    Avoid discrimination.
    Merit should prevail.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good long-term relationship

Freelance Translator (Current Employee)

ProsInteresting projects, nice project managers, very good at maintaining long-term relationships with freelancers, stable workflow, good invoicing system (not having to issue invoices saves me time and energy).

ConsRates can be on the low side and payments can take a while.

Not just a cog in a machine, a friendly and pleasant place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oldham, England (UK)

ProsStarting from the top level down; the CEO is approachable, down to earth and has time for each member of the company. Senior management are professional and approachable. I feel that my ideas are listened to and overall it is a good company to work for.
    The company is more than accommodating when personal circumstances crop up, I feel I am paid fairly for the work I do and the working environment is modern, light and airy; unlike other places I have work where we have been crammed in like battery chickens!

ConsSometimes communication can be a little bit slow amongst departments, but I have yet to find a job where this is not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprovement of communication regarding new and developing projects would be beneficial. The company are very good at rewarding staff for reaching goals and putting together social events so that teams can interrogate and socialise in a relaxed environment, keep up the good work.

Worked for Applied Language Solutions? Contribute to the Community!