Applied Medical

Be The First To
Add Photos

Applied Medical President Said S Hilal

Said S Hilal

Pros
  • It is such a great work environment and place to grow(in 8 reviews)

• Great place for young engineers to be exposed to many different manufacturing processes, Great work life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, very low pay for experienced workers, depressing environment, feel like your on a reality T(in 9 reviews)

• I was hired with a lower than industry salary, with the promise of good raises and promotions(in 4 reviews)

"Good and Professional"

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat co-workers and Management. As long as you do a good job, you have a good chance to go up!

ConsNot much to say…

Regulatory affairs

Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

ProsEasy interview process
    Fairly generic products
    Young fellow workers
    Dating co-workers

ConsFamily and friends get privileges
    All in the top brass are family
    Prefer people who follow instructions
    Low salary
    Not so exciting products

Advice to Senior ManagementStop portraying like you care.

Great place to work and grow your career

ProsGood growth opportunities, Great co-workers, exciting and involved projects, company cares about employees and customers. Management listens to team members, and helps everyone contribute.

ConsCompany if growing fast, which sometimes makes it challenging to maintain culture throughout several buildings and locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuilding perks should be uniform throughout company. Having special lounge/inspiration rooms and coffee machines in only some locations makes some team members bitter and feel unequal.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't bother working here

Territory Manager-Medical Device Sales (Former Employee) Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

ProsOnly work here if you are desperate. You will not be treated like a professional so keep your expectations low if you decide to take the plunge at Applied.

ConsToo many to list. This company is run by the entire Hilal clan who will cheat you any way they can. Nepotism gone wild!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are the biggest bunch of spineless managers I have ever seen.

Is what it is

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNice co-workers, environment for team members to bond has been done well, hopefully does not change with Personnel taking over

ConsManagement not true to preached culture.
    Pay could be higher now that economy is better for all not just management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example about the culture you preach. Stop promoting family and close friends over hard working team members who make them look good. Keep the people here who do personify the culture you preach and truly promote the company the right way.

Worst Work Place To Work - Respect, Acceptance, Growth, Teamwork Is Not Encourage

Engineer (Former Employee) Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

ProsWork life balance. Easy Work. CEO is nice and caring. He gives quarterly bonuses.

ConsManagement is inexperienced and authoritative. Management got promoted based on how long they work for the company not on their skill, experiences, and leadership ability. Management does not encourage respect, acceptance, teamwork, growth, training and play favoritism. Depressing team culture, colleges are not friendly, everyone is selfish, not helping each other, not passionate about their work, not smart or interesting. If you are good, work hard, want to add value to the team, you won't be appreciated and will be threatened instead. Managers will make sure your ideas and good work will not be visible. They be-little you, control you and won't motivate you or give you opportunities for growth. If you want to add value to the team and express your full potential, don't waste time here, it's better to work somewhere else where good management will know how to leverage your abilities and experiences and where you will get rewarded for your hard work, experience, talent. Here those with stabbing brown-nosing ability will get rewarded and promoted.

Good resume booster..

Information Technology (Former Employee) Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

ProsGreat family environment makes it enjoyable to work

ConsLow pay. Probably lowest paid engineering crew

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay, Great friendly bosses for interns

Wonderful place at first

ProsBenefits, Great Upper Management, Progressive Company

ConsEmployees unappreciated by management
    Click that bullies
    Favoritism
    Inexperienced engineers

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of personnel issues that need resolving.

Great internship exerience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of young Managers
    A lot of young workers
    intern lunches every Monday
    fancy coffee machines at certain buildings
    nice rooms for meetings

Conssalary seems a little low for an entry level, however it seems like there are occasional bonuses.
    a lot of different buildings so expecting a lot of walking if you have to work and collaborate with another employee in a different building

Advice to Senior Managementhave a more competitive salary to keep talented people

Good place to start

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe technology from Applied Medical is very good and their current market share of trocars reflects that. Not sure if they overtook Ethicon but they are close. Worked with some fantastic people who are truly dedicated to sharing the Applied story.

ConsLeadership is subpar and pay is well below average for any device sales job. Both are significant factors to an ever increasing turnover at Applied. Middle management attempts to gain support for company objectives through motivational speeches but that's as far as it goes. They lack any clinical knowledge of the products and I would have no faith in letting them into an account to cover a case if it every arose.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying your employees instead of low-balling them on salary. Lastly, managing through fear gets you nowhere.

Worked for Applied Medical? Contribute to the Community!