Applied Predictive Technologies

Updated Oct 30, 2013

Applied Predictive Technologies CEO Anthony Bruce

Anthony Bruce

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

APT is a great place to start your career!

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros1. APT gives its employees an incredible amount of responsibility and opportunity to grow from the start. I started at APT in August and have already had the opportunity to work very closely with the senior most people in the company, lead client calls, and take ownership of different analyses.
2. APT is growing quickly and values people that are motivated and want to work their way up in the company.
3. Not nearly as much travel as most consulting firms.
4. We have hard facts to back up our recommendations to clients based on that client's data.
5. The people, everyone is so nice and willing to stop what they're working on to help.

ConsThere is a lot to learn in the beginning that can be overwhelming, but everyone at the company is really good about helping new hires get their feet on the ground as quickly as possible.

Fantastic group of people, great place to learn and grow!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsWell structured mentorship system. They are very interested in your growth as a developer
People are honest and have integrity, they are very transparent internally
Actually do code reviews to teach you, and give you interesting projects
Work on real products that provide value rather than just optimizing for advertising clicks

ConsBiggest con is that it's in DC and not sillicon valley or new york, but this is a personal preference
The company is not a "hot startup" and it's not a consumer product, which if you want to go to sillicon valley, it may be respected less. At the end of the day though, you may learn a ton more here so it's probably worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementI really wish you guys open an office in SF, at the same time I trust your decision to not have opened one since I know you have the best for the company in mind.

APT is full of intellectually driven and interesting people who are given a tremendous amount of autonomy.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsA very intellectually stimulating work environment

ConsOnly that it isn't in the valley

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company & Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies

ProsAPT works hard to ensure that their employees are satisfied. They listen and make changes based on employee feedback.

The senior team supports collaboration and social interaction outside of the office.

ConsSome departments are a little less structured than others. APT is still growing and these structural issues should get resolved as the organization grows.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

High growth company with top caliber employees

Arlington, VA

Pros- Great benefits and compensation
- Collaborative culture that encourages individual development and contributions to overall company growth
- Fun office environment with a game room and lots of snacks
- Frequent performance reviews, which lead to ample opportunities for career advancement
- Highly motivated and intelligent employees
- Very flat organizational structure

Cons- Long hours are often required due to the nature of the work and the pace of company growth

Fast-growing company with super smart employees and a fun work environment.

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

Pros- Amazing work environment, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Employees frequently get lunch together and go to happy hour after work. There is are multiple game tables and lounges to relax in when taking a break.
- consulting specific: the work is very rewarding. the software allows you to give recommendations you can solidly back up with data, so the client isn't just taking your word for it.
- great compensation and benefits

Cons- be ready to work hard for multiple clients, but the work is rewarding.

High-caliber + high-energy people, great culture, great products, and challenging but flexible work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time

ProsWorld-class colleagues make APT an exciting and fun place to work -- I learn from them every day -- and I really enjoy solving the complex technical problems we face as engineers. I'm constantly amazed by the analysis the software we're writing can perform, and by the value our clients get out of it.

APT has been consistently successful and growing for several years. The career review process is fair, thorough, and focused on growth (both personal and firm-wide). Compensation and benefits are great. There's minimal hierarchy, politics, bureaucracy, etc. People across engineering have flexibility to choose what to work on and set their own schedules.

ConsAPT faces a common problem among growing companies -- there's more work to do than there will ever be time to do it. As a result, people work hard, sometimes at the expense of work-life balance, although often just because the work is rewarding. Also, as the company grows, it's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain such a great culture, although I know we're trying.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the lines of communication as open as possible, particularly across offices and across job functions.

I have worked at APT for a year

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time

ProsThe culture is really good; smart, motivated co-workers make for an enjoyable work atmosphere. APT has a really well thought out business model which it is exciting to be a part of. Everyone is extremely competent and willing to engage on whatever you want to discuss with them. There is also a well-utilized ping pong table - the importance of this should not be underestimated.

ConsInteresting work means you are going to work hard, and some occasional long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementRapid growth should not spell the end of company culture. Our culture is one key differentiator, and sufficient resources should be allocated towards maintaining this competitive advantage, with an eye towards both recruiting and employee retention.

Super smart people and lots of growth

Manager (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAPT hires some of the smartest people in the world. A very flat organizational structure coupled with lots of growth for APT's various Big Data Analytics products creates an environment that fosters rapid innovation and enables everyone including new hires to take a lot of responsibility. Also I should mention:
-- the compensation is great
-- low/no politics
--APTers hang out with each other a lot outside work too

ConsRapid growth comes with a lot of work, be ready to contribute across various areas.

A Breath of Fresh Air

Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSmart, driven and fun colleagues
Little politics - all the work challenges are interesting
Fast growing company, with lots of opportunity including international growth

ConsWork can be consuming but that is because people are really committed
Scaling an organization is not without challenges - i.e. we compete with much larger organizations for talent (Google, McKinsey) but without their resources

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the collaborative, responsive leadership style

Worked for Applied Predictive Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Predictive Technologies reviews and ratings in Arlington, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Predictive Technologies CEO Anthony Bruce . All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Applied Predictive Technologies employees.