Applied Predictive Technologies

Applied Predictive Technologies Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Applied Predictive Technologies CEO Anthony Bruce

Anthony Bruce

Pros:
  • "great compensation and benefits"
    in 5 reviews
  • "A very intellectually stimulating work environment"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours are often required due to the nature of the work and the pace of company growth"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Hours can be long, but the work is rewarding"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Long time APT Client Services Employee

Vice President, Client Services (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

Pros-Lots of responsibility, career growth, and opportunities to be mentored by very capable people
    -Interesting challenges, and opportunities to engage in quantitative/analytic thinking
    -Well run company
    -Positive work environment and culture. Colleagues are generally very capable, yet modest.
    -Successful company, continuing to grow

Cons-Need to be willing to put in flexible hours
    -Senior client services team members travel frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, APT is a great place to work. I think our biggest challenge will be to maintain APT's culture as the company continues to grow.

Great Culture, Rapidly Growing with Lots of Opportunity

Arlington, VA

ProsPeople are friendly, collaborative and really smart.
    No politics.
    Clients love APT making it rewarding to work with them.
    Rapidly growing so lots of opportunity - in particular as we grow there are chances to contribute to opening an office in new geography for APT or to contribute to building a business in new industry for the company which translates to a lot of career growth
    Focus on giving back to the community through APT Charities, and data-dives is a recent positive as well

ConsThe work is consuming so if you want a 9-5 job job, this isn't it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the great culture even as we grow

Great place to start a career and a lot of opportunity for advancement

Engagement Manager (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsAPT's young and incredibly intelligent employees make it an incredibly exciting and collaborative place to work. The management is very invested in the success of each employee and listen to concerns.

ConsThe advising process can be hit or miss, as not all advisers are as interested mentoring as others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to make sure to maintain the open, collaborative, and non hierarchical vibe as they continue to grow.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsGreat analytical company to work for an analytical career track and marketing track. APT has grown very fast and is in r

ConsNOt much in terms of what you expect from a start up that grew us fast

Engagement manager

Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsSmall company that strives to act like a large company but lacks the resources. They are very good a marketing themselves.

ConsRun away as fast as you can. They are very good a marketing but lack the execution. They do not have enough experience to help themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the arrogance

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

EM

Engagement Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat culture. People are very friendly. Exposure to a lot of industries.

ConsI felt the senior management stretches the junior consultants. The junior consultants work on 3-5 projects at a time. These projects could be in different industries and with different teams.
    I also feel that the company misrepresents itself to college students. Its a software company that uses its employees to solve a clients problem on the APT software. After coming from a MSc program I felt that the software was lacking in certain areas. Any problem that the software can't handle is avoided. The software requires tonne of data (Most of the interesting problems dont have data!).
    I was staying late in the night in the office because the software would take a lot of time to analyze and would break i.e. the analysis is not that hard but doing it on the software takes forever.
    The company has a shoe string budget for its employees.
    I felt that there was a lack of interaction with the clients top level management. Our day to day interaction was with junior managers who were analyzing the data. Rarely, did we present our results to the top brass. Our approach is to keep the junior manangers and analysts happy with the tool so that a good word would permeate to the top brass and the software would get re licensed.
    My clients required a lot of hand holding while using the software, often this lead to me being less productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do great awesome work but often ignore that the junior people work very late. The types of analysis are very focused and anything outside that focus is not conducted. Other analysis are avoided or seldom done. There should be a continued education budget for the employees. Employees should be allowed to go to international offices on APT's dime.

Fantastic group of people, great place to learn and grow!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsWell structured mentorship system. They are very interested in your growth as a developer
    People are honest and have integrity, they are very transparent internally
    Actually do code reviews to teach you, and give you interesting projects
    Work on real products that provide value rather than just optimizing for advertising clicks

ConsBiggest con is that it's in DC and not sillicon valley or new york, but this is a personal preference
    The company is not a "hot startup" and it's not a consumer product, which if you want to go to sillicon valley, it may be respected less. At the end of the day though, you may learn a ton more here so it's probably worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementI really wish you guys open an office in SF, at the same time I trust your decision to not have opened one since I know you have the best for the company in mind.

Great company for growing a career

ProsAPT is invested in their employees- they truly want to help you learn and develop a lasting career at the company.

They have managed to maintain a start-up culture while still growing the company at a fast rate. Examples of this include a game room (complete with ping pong, foosball, and video games) and frequent happy hours.

Senior management is open to and interested in hearing improvement ideas from all levels of employment.

Fantastic benefits.

ConsHours can be long, but the work is rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining the company culture!

APT is a great place to start your career!

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

Pros1. APT gives its employees an incredible amount of responsibility and opportunity to grow from the start. I started at APT in August and have already had the opportunity to work very closely with the senior most people in the company, lead client calls, and take ownership of different analyses.
    2. APT is growing quickly and values people that are motivated and want to work their way up in the company.
    3. Not nearly as much travel as most consulting firms.
    4. We have hard facts to back up our recommendations to clients based on that client's data.
    5. The people, everyone is so nice and willing to stop what they're working on to help.

ConsThere is a lot to learn in the beginning that can be overwhelming, but everyone at the company is really good about helping new hires get their feet on the ground as quickly as possible.

APT: A smart, collaborative company with tremendous success

ProsAPT is a place unmatched by anywhere else -
    People are extremely efficient and reliable. They work hard, and work smart, to provide superior client solutions. The company feels small and makes everyone comfortable with breakfast/lunch/snacks as often as possible and the best office coordinator you could ask for. I imagine growing my career at APT for a long time!

ConsPeople are given a lot of responsibility, which means a lot of work, but the work is rewarding and does not come without support from people across the company; employees are on the same page and push towards a common goal

Worked for Applied Predictive Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Predictive Technologies Videos

Applied Predictive Technologies – Why Work for Us?

APT and Big Data APT provides native, cloud-based software tools that enable large, consumer-focused businesses to seize the Big Data analytics opportunity by triangulating between business strategy, algorithmic math… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Predictive Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Predictive Technologies CEO Anthony Bruce . All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Applied Predictive Technologies employees.