Applied Proactive Technologies

Updated Jan 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Leishman

Good to use for work/life balance. Good for families, though insurance and vacation could definitely be better.

Field Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Proactive Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility - set your own schedule and make your own 3-day weekends.
Freedom - out in the field and you control the tempo, variety, and your own success.

ConsPay - pretty much everybody makes the same and gets the same raises whether they are terrible or outstanding - one person can do a bad job and get a 2% raise while another can do a great job and get only 3%. The job isn't difficult, but people's pay should reflect their contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's okay to fire people that are below average and try to build a better team - low unemployment insurance costs isn't going to improve the company. It's also okay to try and improve the skills of your people. An annual training event with most topics being those that any good manager probably already covered just doesn't cut it. Your management inspires mediocrity.

Keep Looking

I have been working at Applied Proactive Technologies full-time

ProsFlexible Schedule for field reps

Conslow salary, no sick day, maxed out vacation time, BOY CLUB!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone equal, add sick days. This place is a boys club. Women struggle to get a head at this company. Not everyone is treated equal. HR is almost non-existent. Company handbook is not taken seriously. What applies for some doesn't apply for all.

Energy Conservation Field Representative

I have been working at Applied Proactive Technologies full-time

ProsFlexible work schedule, work on your own, decent mileage reimbursement.

ConsStill a growing company, disorganized, don't ask opinions of Field Reps, Too many chiefs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your Field Reps like minions, include them in on more decisions, come up with better ideas for APT days.

Overall an okay experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Applied Proactive Technologies

ProsFlexible schedule. time off allowed

ConsPoor communication from management. Inexperienced management.

Advice to Senior Managementbe upfront with employees about whether job advancement is possible

Say good-bye to Work-Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Applied Proactive Technologies

ProsThey provide adequate training to new employees.

ConsThis company touts itself as providing excellent customer service. While that may be the case, they treat their employees (the ones on the front line working with the customers) with disrespect in several ways. First, they make the employee feel as though they are being unreasonable when they put in for time off that is allotted to them. Working 40 hours a week is considered "just OK," and they expect the employee to go beyond this -- without pay -- to prove they are good workers. Then, they provide each employee with a phone that acts as a GPS tracking device so that they know where you are at all times. Their idea of motivating their employees is to tell them everything they're doing wrong, while offering little to no feedback on how to resolve the issues. Working here caused stress not only to myself but to my entire family. This is not a family-oriented company, they are not open to dialoge with employees about performance, and they essentially rob employees out of their time, energy and self-respect. I don't know if this is the culture at all APT sites, but it certainly is in Portland.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward a good job. Think of your staff as the face of your organization. Give them the respect they deserve. Stop acting as a "Big Brother" watch dog. Employees will ultimately fail under management that is inherently based on distrust. TRUST YOUR WORKFORCE to do the job you trained them to do, and I'm sure you will see a happier, stronger, and more reliable workforce. Plus, employee turnover will probably drop.

Just a boring job, they hire way over qualified people and make the job look interesting!

Field Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Proactive Technologies

ProsYou get time off when requested

ConsYou have to carry a GPS phone with you and you cannot shut it off even when you are not on company time.
You are told you only have to work one Saturday a month which turns into 3 or 4 a month.
Benefits are expensive, they contribute nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employee's, they are working hard and it is evident in the accounts, stop the GPS nonsense.

Worked for Applied Proactive Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Proactive Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Proactive Technologies CEO David Leishman. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Applied Proactive Technologies employees.