Applied Systems Reviews

135 reviews filtered by
3.5
Applied Systems CEO Reid French
Reid French

Pros
  • Comfortable work environment, generally nice people (in 7 reviews)

• Comfortable workplace, friendly employees,relaxed dress code, shorts and gym shoes on Friday, bagels on Tuesday, popcorn on Friday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Like everyone else said extremely low pay (in 8 reviews)

• You will see half of new hires to not make it much past their first year (in 8 reviews)

Best team environment

Current Employee - Agency Consultant in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Agency Consultant in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems

Pros

Team environment - I've never been in a better team environment. All my employers talked about it - Applied lives it.
    Growth/size - Solid company, largest in our industry - provides stability
    Compensation - competitive compensation
    Software and hardware - software and hardware necessary to do my job is provided; constantly innovating to improve our internal communications through software

Cons

Travel - my job includes lots of travel, make peace with this or don't work here

Stay on course

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

After reading some of these comments, I feel the need to put in my own because it's clear there are some disgruntled people making comments out here that are just not factually accurate. So before making any decisions, be sure to talk to someone who works here currently. I think you'll find that those comments are not always justified.

As for the Sr. Leadership team...many of the experienced long term leaders are still here and contributing in very positive ways and the new influx of people, including the CEO who at three years now, has only made the whole team stronger. I've been here over twenty years while things ebb and flow over time (and some of those comments may have been true) so far I've been very impressed with what they've done. They are very interested in making this a company to come to, and stay with, for many years.

The working environment is very good. The people you work with really care about our employee's and our customer's experiences. We wouldn't have an employee retention rate of north of 90% and a client retention rate north of 95% if it wasn't a good place to work.

Cons

The sales comp plans, while very fair in their compensation from what I can tell, are pretty complex and take too long to come out each year. But, the Sr. VP of Sales runs a great sales organization and is very committed to paying people well to get good talent and to keep good talent.

Keep up the great work. Great communication with where we are, where we are going and the plans to get us there. This aspect is much better than it has been in the past.

A company I could stay at for a long time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I’ve only been with Applied for six months now, so maybe my review is biased with a bit of honeymoonitis. But I’ve also worked at several companies and see a positive difference here.
    For starters, there are some reviews stating that pay here is low. But I think management gets that this stigma exists and has worked hard to address it. They understand that they need to be competitive with compensation in order to gain and maintain good folks. I actually make more at Applied than I did at a similar position in downtown Chicago. No complaints here on that front.
    Their efforts to keep good people shows. I really enjoy my coworkers! The work environment is very positive and focused on continuous improvement as we knock out our work. Sure, there’s times when we have a problem with a product or new methods needing some ironing out. But the people here come together to create solutions in a fun and engaging manner.
    I’ve been very impressed with the transparency and openness of senior management too. They work hard to keep everyone in the loop, engaged in our growth and defining a fun and open culture. They are constantly giving back to staff allowing us to share in our success.
    These things make contributing here fun. I get excited to come to work and jump in. There’s a clearer vision about where this company is heading than others. I feel like I know how to lend a hand and enjoy helping those around me.

Cons

-While I’m still new and learning, I wish I knew more about our products. I’d like to know Epic and TAM as well as I know Word or Facebook.
    -I’m hoping some new social events will allow for more family involvement. Short of Employee Flashcards I’d need to whip up, it’d be great if there was a way for my wife to meet my coworkers.

Keep on trucking! Keep our direction in this positive direction!

Love my company!

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has excellent benefits and a competitive salary. They always hold events for employee appreciation. They call it TEAM Applied for a reason. We work together as a team. The best part of the company is they not only care about their employees but they care about their customers.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints.

Great job!

Great company. Great people to work with. Great Leadership

Current Employee - Developer in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Access to the latest technology.
    Team environment.
    Clear coding standards
    Ability to work remotely

Cons

Onboarding/training for new developers is lacking in some areas.
    Documentation is not always clear
    Training materials, resources, documentation seems to be scattered.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Applied Systems is a growing company with great leadership. Leadership is skillfully doing exactly what they said they would do to make the company better. The tremendous growth is creating opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The office can get noisy. We are moving in a few months and the plans for the new office look fabulous. Fortunately, we're staying in Buckhead.

Good job

Growing Technical Company with Employee Opportunities Around Every Department

Current Employee - Support in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Support in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very exciting time to be part of Applied. Positive changes throughout the company due to the strong leadership, vision and compassion of CEO.

Favorite Core Value: "To do the right thing" Honesty and Integrity is something that I've personally committed myself in life (personal & business). Appreciate this being part of Applied's culture.

Hiring bright positive thinking individuals, right out of school or knowledgeable business leaders, has helped to bring Applied back as the true leader (visionary) in the Independent Insurance market. Investments into the people for me is a sign that our owners are in this for a longer haul!

Due to the acquisitions and growth nature, there are opportunities for existing employees to contribute at multiple departments and levels. This has helped me personally.

Upgrades being made into our facilities. Its nice coming to work within a clean environment.

Bagel Tuesdays and Social Events! Who doesn't like free food! Knowing my peers and fellow employees has helped to raise the comradery that was once lost.

Great balance between work & family. Thanks!

Cons

Continuing Education for employees is lacking. Loved having MS Desktop, SQL and Server training/certification completed onsite at Applied in the past. Please bring back! Myself and others would take advantage if something similar was offered in the future. Geeks like me love to keep their technical skills sharp on the latest trends.

Just announced today (very excited) Insurance Certification Classes coming back. Can't wait!

Too many great projects on the front burner. Hire more Developers!

Keep the employees informed as you have been doing over the last several years. Full visibility and truth into what is going well (inside and outside of Applied) including those areas that need improvements has helped immensely to break down the organizational silos erected by prior owners.

Keep the throttle down. Keep it exciting. Keep invest in the company and its employees. Please!

Terrific place to make a career!

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent leadership, successful and growing company, great people, open positions are posted internally and employees are encouraged to seek new opportunities throughout the company.

Cons

Company matching in 401(k) plans could be improved.

Keep doing what you're doing...good communication, aligned goals throughout company, and willing to make changes based on employee feedback.

Alright by me!

Current Employee - QA Test Analyst in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - QA Test Analyst in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Applied is an awesome company to work with! Yes, I said work "with" instead of work "for". I have been given many great opportunities to work with great people, great clients and great management. As with most companies, if you work smart and work hard, it truly pays off in the scheme of things.

Cons

I have no cons to report!

Keep up the great work! Your employees like to be recognized for their hard work. In return, it naturally encourages us to work that much harder because we feel like we are a part of the process as opposed to just a work horse.

In my short time with the company of only 5 months I have loved the on boarding and the training. Great leadership

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Applied Systems (more than a year)

Pros

Working from home, great base pay plus bonuses. The harder you work the more you make, truly.

Cons

If you consider travel a con then you will have a problem. I personally do not and I know it's a big part of it which is hard for most people. There is a lot of pressure to win bu that makes it fun.

The CEO is a great guy. Very smart & sharp as hell.