Appriss

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Appriss Co-Founder & CEO Michael Davis

Michael Davis

Great Company

I have been working at Appriss full-time for more than a year

Pros- Great benefits
- Flexible working hours
-Constant support for upward movement

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to connect with coworkers who constantly switch from working in office to home.

Amazing Employer

Software Support Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsKnowledgeable, competent coworkers
Driven, inspiring leadership and company message
Flexible work environment, time off, etc
Plenty of incentives for performance and even health (bonuses based on health maintenance)
Everyone matters. I was in meetings with VP's and even the CEO the first week surrounded by people that immediately respected and listened to my voice

ConsAlmost a little too flexible of a work environment if you aren't careful
Nothing else, really

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I love working here.

Refreshing and Open- Everything they Claimed in the Interview

Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Appriss full-time for less than a year

Pros-Culture
-Benefits (free Healthcare and flexibility to work from home!)
-Transparency within all levels of the org.
-Challenging work
-Meaningful contribution to society
-Good Compensation

ConsThe onboarding process has been a bit intimidating. The sheer number of internal systems that you have to be able to navigate is overwhelming- let alone the intricacies of each client. It takes a long time (from what I have heard) to overcome the learning curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward your employees and invest more in our resources. The workload across the organization seems to be at capacity.

Too many changes in less than a year = great loss of current workforce

I have been working at Appriss full-time for less than a year

ProsInsurance benefits are great. Flexible work schedules is great to balance work/family.

ConsConstant reorganizations, drastic changes to benefits/salary within less than a year, great loss of current workforce due to all the changes, do not promote from within, no raises, and under pay compared to other companies in the same industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not very optimistic about the outlook for the company. With the great mass exit of seasoned employees, the struggle to replace them, and all the massive culture/benefits/salary changes has caused very low moral within the remaining workforce. I would not be surprised if a great number of the remaining workforce is not seeking other opportunities.

Sep 7, 2013

Appriss has filled 40% of our openings in the last year through internal transfers. Employees are given priority in the interviewing process and considered first before recruiting for external ... More

Culture is changing

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Appriss full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAppriss is still a great place to work, but the whole culture has changed from being victim-focused and caring about the safety of the community to commercialism and profit.

ConsThere are constant reorganizations and the leaders who had compassion and cared about the employees are gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that companies have to be profitable, but they don't have to be hard-hearted.

Sep 5, 2013

Yes, our culture is changing towards a performance based and goal driven organization. Our product lines have expanded due the the ongoing innovation at Appriss. As we add more products, the ... More

Unsatisfied with the advancement opporunities

Implementation Analyst (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at Appriss full-time for more than a year

ProsInsurance is paid for by the company.
Flexible work schedules.
Great work leaving you feel like what you are doing is important

ConsBad management.
Company doesn't promote within versus bringing in people unfamiliar with the company to manage.
Under paid compared to other companies in the same industry.

started as Truly a great place to work over time that has changed drastically

Applications Support Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Appriss full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Health Benefits!- and many perks

ConsThe company is going down hill many changes with no regard to employees- 0 job security

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent and honest

Sep 5, 2013

In today's technology environment, change is constant and flexibility is key success. Our CEO conducts quarterly management meetings and reviews the financial forecast and product updates. Managers ... More

Great Place To Work

I have been working at Appriss full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible, Culture, Healthy, Innovative, Growth, Onsite Clinic

ConsLocation, Office layout, No Gym, N

Sep 5, 2013

We are currently reviewing the opportunity to add a gym to the Linn Station location in 2014. We have an on-site clinic that employees and their dependents can access free of charge..

Multiple IT positions including management across 8+ years

Analyst, Then Manager of Same (Former Employee)

I worked at Appriss full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTechnology problems can be very interesting.
Very focused on hiring/advancement from within.
Stimulating coworkers.
Focused on culture and "making a great place to work"

ConsSomewhat closed in terms of in-house tools. Software engineer and internal IT positions are true development work but the analyst , implementation, and integration work is more about using and configuring other tools. Less so the case with integration work.
Moving towards becoming a Lexis/Nexis competitor and commercial markets instead of SaaS to government, shifts some of the interesting altruistic aspects away.
A little too much lip service to culture, training, etc without much action.
Doesn't "feel" great the last couple of years compared to the 4-5 preceding.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget where Appriss started - those warm fuzzy feelings matter to employees especially the (younger) eager/ambitious lifeblood of the company.

Sep 5, 2013

In August of 2013,we implemented SkillSoft an on line learning system with over 5,000 classes, books, and certifications. Employees can access any class for free. Our new Reward and Recognition ... More

Their heart is in the right place, but ....

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Appriss full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to learn new things, most coworkers where fun people to work with. With the constant shifting of tasks you're never doing the same thing for long. Extremely flexible with work hours and promotes a balance of work/family. Nice offices, fun environment, great location and great benefits.

ConsI understand all companies are in it to make a buck, but they constantly promoted how they were there to support victims and their families, but at the end of the day it was the all mighty dollar that was their drive. There was no cross talk between departments OR people in the same department. Most of my co-workers had no ambition to assist me as a new hire to learn the environment and ultimately I left because of that lack of communication between co-workers, middle management and lack of projects to keep me busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTear down the walls, stop filing people away from each other in tiny offices and adopt an "open air' environment. I know it's cool to have lots of managers and project managers, but focus on the work, not the process, and focus on the community, not just your pocket book.

Worked for Appriss? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Appriss reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Appriss CEO Michael Davis. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Appriss employees.