Appriss

Appriss Reviews

Updated May 13, 2014

Appriss Co-Founder & CEO Michael Davis

Michael Davis

Making a Difference Everyday!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsIt's fun to work at Appriss - the people here are fantastic! This company has a purpose and we're creating better communities every day we go to work! I never have to muster up the energy to come to work and I'm working with really smart people! The benefits package is unbeatable these days; Appriss really cares about their employees and their health and financial well-being!

ConsWe are working on formalized processes, communication across departments, hitting target launch dates and a few other things but nothing you wouldn't see at any other company - - smaller or larger than Appriss.

Great Mission-Keeping Communities Safe and Informed!

Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsWork-life balance, flexibility in work hours, supported by manager, great camaraderie with co-workers, meaningful work with freedom to get the job done, impressive benefits package, company continues to grow amidst the recent/current economy.

ConsIf not in a technical position, limited availability for movement into higher positions. Company continues to grow so also comes lots of change. This in itself is NOT a con; however, those employees within the company that do not like change or are resistent to it tend to be an obstacle.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open to interacting with the all levels of employees. This makes the feel of the company "small" while continuing to grow.

Be part of a great growing company.

Field Services Engineer II (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

Proswork-life balance is a great aspect of the company that is accomplished through ROWE. On the side of innovation with keeping communities safe and informed through our notification software.

ConsAs in every growing business the challenge of breaking out of "the way we used to do it" and adjusting to the new ways of conducting business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employees in the know about what is is going on company wide, instead of hearing it from the rumor mill.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Employer

Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsKnowledgeable, competent coworkers
    Driven, inspiring leadership and company message
    Flexible work environment, time off, etc
    Plenty of incentives for performance and even health (bonuses based on health maintenance)
    Everyone matters. I was in meetings with VP's and even the CEO the first week surrounded by people that immediately respected and listened to my voice

ConsAlmost a little too flexible of a work environment if you aren't careful
    Nothing else, really

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I love working here.

Refreshing and Open- Everything they Claimed in the Interview

Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

Pros-Culture
    -Benefits (free Healthcare and flexibility to work from home!)
    -Transparency within all levels of the org.
    -Challenging work
    -Meaningful contribution to society
    -Good Compensation

ConsThe onboarding process has been a bit intimidating. The sheer number of internal systems that you have to be able to navigate is overwhelming- let alone the intricacies of each client. It takes a long time (from what I have heard) to overcome the learning curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward your employees and invest more in our resources. The workload across the organization seems to be at capacity.

Great Place To Work

ProsFlexible, Culture, Healthy, Innovative, Growth, Onsite Clinic

ConsLocation, Office layout, No Gym, N

Appriss Response

Sep 5, 2013Vice President of Human Resources

We are currently reviewing the opportunity to add a gym to the Linn Station location in 2014. We have an on-site clinic that employees and their dependents can access free of charge..

Overall great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros*Everyone's extremely nice and actually cares about you.
    *Good amount of training and support in case you have any question's or need help with something.
    *Well dressed
    *Professional
    *They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome

ConsNone, I loved this opportunity!

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the other branches, make sure there is clear communication and every manager knows what's going on.

The best place I have ever worked

Account Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsAppriss truly cares about its employees and is proud of the work we do to assist victims and law enforcement. The culture is relaxed and comfortable, and there is an open-door policy with senior management. The work, given its nature, can be stressful, but there is a predominant feeling of being supported by the team around you, and that helps a lot. I don't think I will ever work anywhere else.

ConsThe company is growing quite fast, which is a challenge as far as getting adequate training for new folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus a bit more on in-depth training.

Very successful company you've never heard of

ProsInnovative, constantly changing, exciting, leadership

Consconstantly changing, lower than average comp, too many executive team members

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in skilled, quality employees to be more successful. Sometimes you need to spend more to make more.

Great Company

ProsI have been with the Company for many years. There are many Pros on working for Appriss, including culture, environment , and knowing that you are keeping communities safe and informed.

ConsSometimes it is difficult to connect with co-workers who work remotely.

Worked for Appriss? Contribute to the Community!