Apptis

Add Photos

Apptis Chairman and CEO Bert Notini

Bert Notini

Too Top Heavy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsApptis is now owned by the overly large URS corp. The pro is that you always get paid, they do have decent benefits, as it is a stable company.

ConsIf you need individual attention for Healthcare or Payroll issues, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reducing paperwork and bureaucracy.

Interesting work, but company does not support it's employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Salary and benefits. Company merged with URS.

ConsCompany values stress the bottom dollar. Company is more interested in profit than employee success.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee concerns

Customer Service Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) O'Fallon, IL

ProsThe pay was good. Enjoyed working with customers.

ConsPromotions based on favoritism and outside of work affiliations versus training and proven ability to do job, resulting in hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementOff-site management needs extensive training in Government and Corporate Ethics and to be more closely monitored on adherence to such.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with lots of government opportunities

Project Manager (Former Employee) Fort George G Meade, MD

ProsGood employee benefit package. Good transportation benefits.

ConsCompany not responsive to moving employees to other contracts within the company

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to be more pro employee and less pro customer in HR matters

A great gateway for my career

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Atlantic City, NJ

ProsWas a good company to work for.

ConsNot until I was recruited by another company did they offer to compensate me for my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to management of your employees about their performance and issues.

Apptis WAS a great company to work for...then we were acquired by URS...

Prefer Not to Disclose (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsAs Apptis we had fantastic management, freedom to set our own priorities while striving for growth and always felt that Sr. Executives supported and invested in staff and had your back when difficult decisions were to be made. Great mix within the rank and file.

Most employees carried their own weight and provided value to the organization. Then we were acquired by URS....

ConsOnce URS acquired Apptis the writing was on the wall that legacy Apptis staff's days were numbered. Incentive comp was eliminated, benefits were reduced and employee contributions for benefits increased substantially, bonuses were minimized without any communication. Middle and Sr. Management that were brought in as replacements were not qualified and had limited understanding of the business.

URS does not understand IT and will not continue to pay the salaries some of us were accustomed. If you were on overhead and did not fit within URS cost models prepare for the rif. URS has to get out of the IT business. They should continue building bridges and power plants.

They do not value individuals. Unless you're part of the good ol' boys club start looking for your next career opportunity since the quarterly rifs will continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that legacy Apptis personnel created the value in the company you chose to purchase. Stop protecting the legacy EG&G personnel and stop protecting the legacy URS personnel.

Now that you've driven out most of the legacy Apptis personnel responsible for the success of the company how are you going to turn this one around? We'll be watching...

Good entry-level opportunity

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsRoom to grow. They took care of their employees well. Good benefits and good opportunities to work independently and learn in your career.

ConsA bit draconian when it comes to education reimbursements. I had to pay back a $1300 reimbursement after I left the company. The pay back was 8 months prior to my leaving, sort of childish.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know ahead of time that a contract is going to end, try to find your employees another opportunity instead of just letting them go.

Great People to work with

Training Administrator (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsNo Micromanaging
    Very good pay
    Great benefits
    Information shared freely
    Young workforce
    Felt like working at a financially secure start up

ConsNot much personal interaction with senior leadership
    While information is available you may have to do some investigative work to locate

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management is great keep empowering them. Make information more easily accessible. While I was paid very well I understand that this is not the case with several other positions. I would suggest bidding for higher contract amounts so you can offer every position across the board higher rates of compensation.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsSmall company, everyone knows everyone.

ConsTaken over by URS, benefits may be threatened.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep benefits

A strong competitor, almost...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsYoung energy with an old soul.

ConsHypocritical at best, they need to practice what they preach and stop trying to screw the customer.

Advice to Senior Managementretain your talent.

Worked for Apptis? Contribute to the Community!