Apptricity Inc.

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Timothy D Garcia

Probably the best technology company I have ever worked with.

Programmer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company is always moving forward with new ways to improve its technology. Never a dull moment and always something to do. Has large government presence and large commercial accounts that use it's technology. Everyone seems to be pretty friendly. Haven't met the executives except him saying hi when he comes downstairs to our group.Roughly 115 employess

Conshave to be able to hit deadlines and be able to get things done. it typically isn't a 8 hour a day, but it is extremely rewarding. people who don't make it here are people who never worked in a environment with deadlines which sometimes is a bit overwhelming

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more all hands meetings and events where people can meet other employees in different departments.

Ineffective leadership due to the stranglehold from the CEO.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsA paycheck, that's about it. Healthcare paid by the employer was a perk when I was applying but after a year of being on their insurance, but often have to fight with the insurance company on covering even the most basic services that should be covered by the insurance.

ConsThe company has a very high turnover rate that hovers around 50%. Expect every single coworker you know to have a timeframe of 2 years. The marketing department, the sales department, the IT department, the documentation and training departments are full of people who aren't supported by their leadership and are frequently pitted against other departments and other employees over every single decision. Its amazing they've gotten his far. The owner also routinely countermands the structure of the company, sure its his company, but when you're assigned a task and its not done to his liking---don't expect a review of how to improve. His resolution is to just have others work behind your back doing the work you should be doing. So you have zero chance of improving your job since he's the cause of teams working against each other behind each departments backs. Nice, isn't it?

The software isn't that spectacular, they have one or two good ideas but try to 'rebrand and rebuild' over every single speculation of who might be their next big client. Coding is archaic and out of date, They don't care enough to actually design and develop the software before its sold, its all done after the fact and clients who are gullible enough to buy are soon to learn how shoddy they've got it and under-developed the software is. Its a mess, its no way to run a businesses and its a horrible management structure that leads to over promise and under deliver each and every time.

They're to focused on extra revenue sources like these outrageously priced training classes, generating $2 on report, etc. They're not the leaders in this industry, far from it. Their execution of supply chain convergence (logistic, asset, fleet, work order)....is a disaster. They don't identify their connections between potential client and new prospects. Why aren't they using any sort of customer profile or analytical to determine who or what is their potential clientele. Too broad of a net yields clients, sure, but its not focused and its all the cause of the owner/president of the company who just doesn't appreciate the organization he's built and allow the leaders of the departments run it. Its a problem caused by the owners short-sighted approach to a reactionary approach to building a business instead of a proactive and research based evolution of building your product and your brand. Its always a band-aide approach to the business at hand, everything is last minute and underplayed and easily dismissed as someone else's problem and reason for it failing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company, because frankly the CEO isn't equipped to lead the company anymore. He's outlived his usefulness as a leader, in fact his micromanagement has caused such damage to each department that no one is willing to give ANYONE in the company a chance to do their job or respect their skill set or experiences. Stop having high-level department heads that are "part time" and often "off site". Too many of the higher executives don't even live in Dallas, it effects every part of the company and is bad for the businesses.

Great Company, with great technology and great

Programmer (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsProbably the best thing about this company is they executed a dividend to all their employees and shareholders, which means they are doing extremely well. The company has brought on several new clients and have hired 30 more employees. All I hear is all the new business the company is bringing in.

ConsThis company isn't for everyone as seen by other reviews. Upper management has a no nonsense approach to running the company. Most bad reviews are from people who couldn't adjust or never worked for a software company or a Silicon Valley startup. The one's who write and are currently employed here are probably not employed here or can't find another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more social gatherings with the employees so everyone can meet each. I am on 7th floor and want to meet people on the 9th floor. Distribute more stock options

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I need to get out of here.

ProsDaily game of "who is going to get yelled at by Tim today?"

ConsNo room for advancement. Professional Services is a nightmare. Not sure why the clients stay. Salary employees have to turn in weekly time sheets and the hours better exceed 40. Comp time is a dirty word.

Madness

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsAppricity is very strong on the government and public sector. They have long established relationships in both, which tends to open the door in the bidding process.

ConsOn the commercial side, there is no structure, organization or a formalized process within their business model. Chaotic at best, in trying to compete and gain market share from the industry leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish an organized and defined business operating model.

Most Unstable company ever

ProsNo pros as such. Nice view.

ConsEveryday people are fired and reason sometimes is too silly. Most unstable place ever. It does not take long for Tim to loose confidence on any one. The benefits are sucking, they don't match 401k, vacation is not great , NO Bonus. The medical is free for employee only, when the family is tagged on it is much higher. No flexibility of work either.

Advice to Senior Managementsinking ship. Management does not consist of trained people.

A company with great technology and stable work environment

Programmer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosreally friendly people, Company has a great vision for enterprise technology. seems to be alot of potential incorporating mobile technology

Consneed to bring on additionally people. development times need to be shortened

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on hiring more people to catchup with our backlog

look at the reviews, short ones are written by Exec. Mgmt. (CEO Tim Garcia)

Beat Down Queen (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsYou have seen comments about the view from 9th floor, Petes coffee and covered parking. That may be the best "Pros" comments available from real workers, not Exec. defensive comments .

ConsI think if you take the time to read most of these reviews you will see a pattern. 1) hostile work environment, poor employee treatment, and an almost joyous negative treatment by the CEO of virtually all employees. I have witnessed treatment (demeaning) of virtually new hires and wondered why someone would be that cruel and hateful to someone he just approved, interviewd and hired. This is a really bad place to work,..........trust me

Advice to Senior ManagementTake you stock options (explain to the Jim Johnson followers the virtual lack of any value) and try to come clean- "what goes around, comes around" and you boys aren't going to be in a great position. Tim, GET HELP, you really need it.

Employee hostile, very stressful company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to learn new technologies without any training

ConsIf you are a good programmer they dump more work, more work and promise their clients that is impossible, want their employees to work 100 hours a week. Lots of discrimination and the management is thick skinned. Only whites are promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to reward your employees and do not discriminate people.

Good, stable company to work for

ProsThis is a stable company in today's unstable economy. Upper management really cares about their employees; but they DO expect you to work hard.

ConsSometimes the environment is high stress when customers are expecting something to be delivered as promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about rewarding employees that work a lot of overtime with a day off that doesn't count against their vacation hours.

Worked for Apptricity Inc.? Contribute to the Community!