Appway

Super Dynamic Organization

Current Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As someone that has worked for the New York office since the beginning, I can not say enough great things about this organization. From the culture down to the staff (globally), Appway is a class act. Never have I seen such passion, camaraderie and team work. It is a pleasure to be surrounded by such an amazing team!

Cons

Since we are still so new in New York, our notoriety is not quite out there, yet. BUT we are getting there.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - we are happy to see that the feeling of camaraderie is spread globally and couldn't be happier to have you onboard!

First rate organization with great people

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Appway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Appway has developed a great BPM tool set and have achieved some very impressive wins in their space. The people I met with are capable, talented and interesting. My interaction with them during the interview process was a big factor in joining this company. At each stage during interviewing they were courteous, professional and punctual . I also met with the CEO and realized that this overall positive environment comes from him down to the rest of the company.

Cons

We are still a relatively small company so it is difficult at times when it comes to name recognition and attracting new hires but this is changing as Appway is growing daily.

Too new to offer advice at this point.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

Very well said and thank you for taking the time to post this review. As we have continued to grow globally, it has been great to see the spurt in amazing candidates looking to join us - and this is ... More

Growth Incubator

I have been working at Appway for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing oportunity for mentorship and growth
    - liberty to pursue own path within the company
    - great team of co workers, always very supportive

Cons

- some communication issues cross-borders

Jul 1, 2014HR Manager

We are happy to hear that you are optimistic about the outlook of Appway, we certainly aim to continue growing as a company and above all, as a team!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity to work with smart people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get the chance to experience many different kinds of "jobs" and learn from experienced colleagues. Probably the best aspect of the job here in Appway is the quality of the colleagues, especially on the technical side, they are very experienced developers that can help you becoming a better professional in general and not in the BPMN domain only.
    Work-life balance is good, it can be challenging when getting close to product milestones or when significant sales opportunities require the Appway team to develop a proof of concept, but it normally doesn't get out of hand.
    Compensations is pretty good but benefits are more or less non existent. The company prefers to pay an higher salary and let you spend the extra money as you prefer, which is something I definitely appreciate (instead of having lots of benefits and a lower salary).
    For people passionate about software development I think Appway is a great place to work!

Cons

The company is growing at a fast pace and many processes are not consolidated (or defined) yet, so even if it is definitely not a startup anymore it still feels a bit like working in a startup environments (which can be good or bad depending on your taste). This leads to the only real cons to me which is the senior management lack of experience in managing a larger scale company. They are learning how to deal with it while the company is growing and sometimes the decisions that are taken has to be revisited multiple times, making it hard for the employees to trust the management completely (especially in contrast with the extremely high quality of the lower level resources). This is especially true in the HR management area.

Consider hiring someone very senior and experienced in HR management to handle the ongoing HR management duties like career development, internal talent scouting and issues troubleshooting. For now HR in the company is handled as a process to hire the right people and onboard them, which is working great, but HRM consists in an ongoing effort which must be handled by a professional in the field which must be different from the CEO or the line managers as there is a clear conflict of interest in that case.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

Nothing makes us happier than to hear about the "quality of colleagues at Appway", thank you!

As we continue to grow, HR and HR Management will take on an even bigger role than before - that's
    ... More

A great company with an amazing culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chiasso (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chiasso (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Appway doesn't feel like working, it's more as if you are teaming up with friends to build and deliver a great product. People are a big asset and everyone shares the same culture across all the offices.
    Times and location are flexible, salary is good compared to other similar positions in Ticino.
    Working remotely is in the company's culture: you and your team are given as much responsibility as freedom on how, when and where to carry on your tasks.
    The office in Chiasso is very new and has a kitchen, a lounge, a small gym, and gets periodic improvements.
    It is possible to be relocated to another office, if you are assigned to one of its projects.

Cons

We are growing fast and there are still some organisational issues, but they are gradually being dealt with.
    Life in the area is peaceful, though Chiasso is a very small town and doesn't offer much. Como and Lugano are near and could be better places to live, but still they aren't big cities. Milan is reachable in around one hour.

We need to attract the talents. Advertise more about "life at Appway" and how the product works.

So excited success story...plenty of innovation and initiatives

Current Employee - Customer Services Director  in  Geneva (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Director in Geneva (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than a year

Pros

A place where ideas, innovations are shared everyday, young spirits who want to succeed and do better and better, success and growth.
    No hierarchy or politics or working together for the same objective.
    A lot of opportunities (for creation, for leadership, for travel...) - not borring
    Really at the start of a excited story. you must be part of it.

Cons

A lot to do, to create, to initiated, so clearly not the place for lazy people.
    As the company is growing quickly the environment is of course changing quickly, so clearly not the place for someone who needs his small confort without to much changed and where everything is decided for years

Jul 2, 2014HR Manager

Thank you, this is music to our ears! challenge is our daily bread and we aim to keep innovating - the only way is up!

Personal and professional growth with Appway not missing the fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time

Pros

Appway is a great place to kick-start your career and to grow with the company. Great product, great people, great culture and inspiring, visionary founders who still work for the company and are great at leading people. The management at Appway does not do everything right but you can tell them if you think they are wrong and if they are wrong they will admit it and change.

Cons

Don't come to Appway if you cannot deal with ambiguity and change. There is no clearly laid out career path where you know exactly how your next 5 years look like. You have to shape your career and identify opportunities (of which there are plenty) that arise from the growth of the company.

Happy to be an Appbird

I have been working at Appway full-time

Pros

Superb product, collaborative culture, founded and owned by CEO and CTO, 100% management commitment. company is definitely still on the rise, business growing, zero-debt, mature product, expansion into new regions, many opportunities to work aboard

Cons

we need bigger and cooler offices!

Jul 1, 2014HR Manager

Cooler offices: CHECK!! we've recently added a lounge and so more chalkboard walls to our NYC office, have you seen them yet?

THE Company to grow with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynamic environment, social and cooperative team mates all over the world, international business (asia, europe and US). Personal evolution and getting further is automatically given with growth of company. Good human behaviour.

Cons

Growth left some organizational issues to fix internally - however there are currently several "work in progress" projects to fix this. Also sometimes internal changes are made ad hoc instead of following the defined strategy, which makes acceptance of change management a major topic internally.

Jul 1, 2014HR Manager

Absolutely - growth is a work in progress, we want to make sure that we are growing sustainably and internally as well as externally: we are a team, with many great things to come! Thank you for ... More

Worked for Appway? Contribute to the Community!