Apria Healthcare

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Starck

Pros:
  • "Good pay by the hour and the job is local deliveries"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Good benefits and good entry level training"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant pressure to lower operating cost at the expense of customer service"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Upper management thinks that they are doing US the favor of giving us a decrease to save our jobs"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Poor ethical and moral decisions, poor management.

Patient Service Technician (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Interaction with great patients.

ConsEverything else. Bad and unpredictable hours. managers who abuse authority for own benefit. don't care about patients or employees, only care about operational earnings and building the companies future not the employees future. Company does not recognize exceptional workers. Company chooses not to assist employees in growing their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your priorities in order start with the Patient, then the employees, then the operational earnings. If you take care of your patients and put them first, while treating your employees like people and not mules; The bottom line will grow at an exceptional rate on its own. If you neglect your patients and employees you are doomed to fail.

Worst Company EVER!

Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of my direct co-workers work well with eachother.

ConsThey fired many VP's and Managers who were with the company 12-25 years. Brought in new Managers and VP's that don't know the business or what they are doing. Creating a more hostile work environment. Employees are frustrated, under staffed, under paid, not appreciated. Majority of the employee's work constant overtime and are still required to work more. They spring overtime for the weekend on you at the last minute and then state it is strongly Requested you work Sat and/or Sun. They give you a guilt trip if you are not readily available to work Overtime on such short notice. Employee's that work over and beyond are expected to work more, and Sub par employees get away with what ever, because they went and complained to H.R. and are some how protected because they state they are being singled out!? Nobody is ever on the same page, on supervisor can say or do one thing, another will go back and say or do the opposite. No accountability from VP's Managers, supervisors, employees! It's always a blame game. By Firing anyone who is tenured gives no future to the reps. Why would I want to stay with a company that is getting rid of everyone who had been with the company 10+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your company together. Listen to your employee's, because believe me the consensus is we are understaffed, under appreciated, under paid. Just about

Horrible. They shorted me on my paycheck after I resigned from the company.

LCE Specialist (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat friends to work with.

ConsThey hardly ever let you take lunch & always ask you to stay past your designed scheduled times. And then they get mad at you for having overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange how you treat people. The HR department rudely told me to talk to them and not my manager next time I had a question about my pay.

Employees should be the first customer

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

ProsI actually finally get my job after three years. I love the people and patients!

ConsLow pay expensive health insurance. Heavy workload. When I inquired about a promotion or title change I was told basically...never. Three different managers in three years with seven other employees leaving. Stupid billing issues most likely caused by new billets.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want your company to be a success? Give your employees a reason to stay. They are the ones dealing with your referrals and patients and should be your first customer! Take care of them first. Pay them well and provide opportunity for advancement. Give them a reason to want to give you five stars they will be more apt to stay longer, know more and support the goals set by upper management.

Don't respect their most important asset.

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

ProsIt's a paycheck and have met some really great people.

ConsWages have declined, benefits are worthless. Work long hours as salaried employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like you care about your employees. I get healthcare is changing, and we all work for the bottom line. This company uses you for a project then throws you away. Health insurance is a joke, and the fact that management put out a training on it showing the penalty for not having insurance is a bigger joke.

Dissatisfied employee

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Prosthe people i worked with were great genuine people

Consnot family oriented business and the management that is chosen cannot stick consistently with one idea long enough to see it work. They removed hundreds of jobs and the company is still struggling

Advice to Senior Managementthis is non existent in this company they do not appreciate their employees

A rewardiing career destroyed by politics and laziness

Delivery Tech (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you like helping people, you can get some satisfaction from working for Apria.

ConsLazy managers and supervisors who spend their time creating more hoops for the employees to jump through than is truly needed. The attitude by management towards the actual welfare of their clients, ie. They don't care if the client is happy or not, just as long as Apria is paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf all you care about are 'the numbers', then you will always rate second behind the competition. 'Numbers' managers are terrible leaders. Get people who care.

good place to work

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee)
Morrisville, NC

I worked at Apria Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Proscomplete varieties of medical equipments for home Respiratory Therapy patients.

Consit's like a revolving doors, people comes and go. laying off very competent people.

Advice to Senior Managementwatch out for your people as you losing very valuable people that cares about your company.

Great company

Human Resources Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsLearning environment. Great training. Always looking for growth in my career. Corporate support was great too. Training Department was always responsive.

ConsThere were so many initiatives going on at one time - I wish we had the time to address everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training - growth opportunities

Nothing but a mess, hires unqualified relatives. Very unfriendly threatening workplace

Patient Service Tech (Driver) (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsAccording to the Branch manager "it's a job."

ConsThey hire their bartenders, relatives give them light workloads and schedules. Make everyone else carry them and correct their mistakes. 90 percent of customers are unhappy with company. They have set up a call service out of state so customers have no way to complain. Customers want another company but most insurance only covers this company.
They have lost more employees since I have been there than I can count. If you really care about people you know please do not send them here to look for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they do not listen or care what others have to say. When you do say something you get threatened and harassed until you quit

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apria Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apria Healthcare CEO Dan Starck. All 231 reviews posted anonymously by Apria Healthcare employees.