Apria Healthcare

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Starck

Pros:
  • "Good pay by the hour and the job is local deliveries"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good benefits and good entry level training"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Upper management thinks that they are doing US the favor of giving us a decrease to save our jobs"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nothing but a mess, hires unqualified relatives. Very unfriendly threatening workplace

Patient Service Tech (Driver) (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsAccording to the Branch manager "it's a job."

ConsThey hire their bartenders, relatives give them light workloads and schedules. Make everyone else carry them and correct their mistakes. 90 percent of customers are unhappy with company. They have set up a call service out of state so customers have no way to complain. Customers want another company but most insurance only covers this company.
They have lost more employees since I have been there than I can count. If you really care about people you know please do not send them here to look for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they do not listen or care what others have to say. When you do say something you get threatened and harassed until you quit

Was a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNothing can last forever, great building to work in but it seeing some wear and tear. There are still a few good people left but I am sure they will be ran out soon.

ConsPeople in charge
Culture
Direction of the company
Benefits
The leadership on all levels are not good leaders just a gang of people looking out for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need experienced people in healthcare management and customer service

don't recommend this company, terrible pay, terrible benefits and not good to employees

Billing Team Lead (Former Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI do not have any pros at this time in the year or last year

Consdon't hire within, don't give perks to family members of the company, impersonal

My Way or the Highway.....

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPatient, caregiver and health professional involvement that can give great job satisfaction.

ConsSenior leadership/ management that has little understanding of the patient and customer needs. Poor treatment of employees and good customers due to Corp direction...Allow local teams to make decisions that will meet the needs of customers rather than Top-Down mandates and negative management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire Senior leadership and Div Leadership to visit customers on a regular basis. Customer focus is lacking. Eliminate consultants and listen to your own employees.

Sr. Sales Associate

Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsLarge company
Possible potential to move around in organization
Many fantastic and passionate employees
National organization

ConsDisorganized company
Top down management style
Reputation for poor treatment of clients and employees
High attrition rate for employees of all levels

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't believe that the problem is necessarily management. I believe that the problem begins with the corporate culture and is spread top down via pressure and possibly threatened via job elimination. I would love to this company succeed in all of its diverse markets however, it needs to change how both internal and external stakeholders are treated. While the bottom line matters with every organization, investing in organization wide training regarding client satisfaction (internal and external) should make an overall positive difference.
The culture is brewing with hostility as it stands.

Way too much call volume customer service dept. to handle, very stressful environment.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Sharonville, OH

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with my good co-workers helped me get through my day...they also were going through alot of stress.

ConsNot being able to get help from management when asked. Everyone was so overwhelmed by the amount of work from their own jobs, there was never time for them to help other co-workers when need be.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and their input....it is valuable information that could help better the company. This being said, knowing management will not listen. I think that was one of the most frustrating things about this company - they would ask for advice, but never listen. This is another company that was always concerned with their "bottom line" and lost good employees during the process.

Apria

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood salary range, opportunities for advancement, worked with a lot of great people.

ConsInadequate resources such as staffing and equipment needed to be successful. Lack of connection to management at times-did not understand the program and what was needed. Negative reinforcement, atmosphere of fear. Changing directions mid stream.

50/50

Senior Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Apria Healthcare part-time for more than 5 years

ProsA patient satisfaction driven company.

ConsNot enough continued training for all indivduals whether job specific or not.....

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow ALL employees continue to learn how to handle ALL aspects of the business. You never know when they may need to fill in.....

Apria is a great organization but the competitive bidding process has lead to almost no profitability presently.

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe middle and upper level management as well well as daily job activities are quality.

ConsThey do require a pound of flesh from the work pace standpoint and the competitive bidding has decreased the sales income.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold onto your best people and give them an opportunity to stay with the company at reduced income instead of just letting them go!

Ok

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsHorrible benefits and always changing

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing things and moving things offshore

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apria Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apria Healthcare CEO Dan Starck. All 232 reviews posted anonymously by Apria Healthcare employees.