Apria Healthcare

Profile Unclaimed

Apria Healthcare Reviews in Denver, CO

1.0

Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• NONE, some really nice people to work with if they werent a part of management (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 24 reviews)

• Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Think twice before you accept a position....

Former Employee - Branch Operations in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Branch Operations in Denver, CO

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Apria Healthcare used to be a place that people enjoyed working at. Now, I honestly cannot think of any pro's to write about other than some of the employees. There are a lot of tenured employees that are more like family, which can be nice.

Cons

Due to changes in the industry, Apria has had to make drastic changes to their business. Apria is currently owned by a private equity company and their main goal is to slice and dice the business so they can make it look financially appealing in order to sell it. With that, Apria continues to lay off employees every month! In fact, they notified employees less than 2 weeks before Christmas! Who does that??? Clearly, they do not care about their employees... the benefits are the worst that I have seen. They announced that there will be changes to their 401K contribution match; however, no details have been given... most likely because there won't be any employer contribution this coming year. IF they have annual raises, they are no more than 1 to 1.5%... With all the changes to their benefits each year, employees are actually loosing money staying there. I don't think the management is necessarily bad, I honestly think it has to do with the industry and with the fact that Blackstone wants to sell as quickly as they can. It is really sad because it used to be one of the best places to work at.

The CEO, Dan Starck seems like a really good guy! I spent time with him when he was in Denver at a meeting. I think he is up front and honest about the conditions of the industry, The changes that are taking place are a direct reflection of the industry and Blackstone wanting to exit the business!

Going down in flames

Current Employee - Soon to Eliminated in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Soon to Eliminated in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I wish I could think of something, been here awhile but hear may not be much longer. layoffs coming, not getting approval to replace lost employees. the end is near and the hush hush club isn't saying a thing. got the vibes though. I can feel it.

Cons

its apria what else needs to be said. used to love it now hate it.

they wont listen anyway, if your not a supe or manager your opinion doesn't matter.