Apria Healthcare Reviews

Updated October 31, 2014
Updated October 31, 2014
2.1

Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• NONE, some really nice people to work with if they werent a part of management (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 23 reviews)

• Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Quite a few loyal and tenured staff members

Current Employee - Team Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent corporate structure and training. Very organized and professional.

Cons

They don't always promote from within

Minimize micromanaging of daily goals as it is demotivating to staff

Challenging Industry

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard, you have great opportunity to make a lot of money as a sales rep and if you remain positive and handle emotions affectively, you will learn to problem solve in a frustrating environment, which will make you a better employee, co-worker and person at work and in your general relationships.

Cons

Insurance and government run this industry, creating a lot of stress for HME companies, MDs and patients. This is a highly service oriented sales position that requires a lot of patience. It's important to focus on positives rather than negatives in this business if you want to be successful.

Apria provides many tools for sales reps to succeed in many ways; however, too many tools and constant changing of direction creates major lack of focus. Cut down on the conference calls and training that interrupts the work day and create in person, monthly written tests for sales reps (and customer service reps) until they pass at 90% to ensure they understand their products and services offered. They can study and take training classes on their own time. Also, please realize that sales can understand ops and tools like ACIS, but they are not ops! Customer service and branch managers need to take responsibility for their roles. Sales reps who have time to visit accounts on a consistent basis and focus on relationship building will grow their business faster than those who are chasing documentation 90% of the time.

It's going down!!

Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will do a very important job which does allow you to take pride in what we do. Very nice size cubicles also

Cons

Everybody is everybody's friend. Company is no longer offering raises, benefits are at a "D" level.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some good people at my location. Overtime pay and a weekly on call fee are in addition to regular pay. Good experience.

Cons

No training. Sink or swim. If you do not have a seasoned employee to mentor you, you will have a tough time being successful. Management changes frequently but mostly because they came in with no healthcare experience and could not keep good staff around. 24 hour on call schedule.

Need to take inventory tracking seriously and need better communication.

It was a good company

Former Employee - Coordinator of Hemophilia in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Coordinator of Hemophilia in Malvern, PA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping the patients and interaction with other medical professionals was always a pleasure.

Cons

Management changed hands and the department fell apart. I was the last of a department, covering the duties of four other positions. My days quickly became 10-12 hours from my normal 8 in order to try to finish the work that had to be done.

Luckily the management was fired two months after they let me go due to patients leaving and lack of provider referrals. For the new management, patients and providers are loyal to their coordinators, if the coordinator suddenly disappears, so will your business.

Apria over last three years.

Current Employee - Revenue Qualification Specialist in Jacksonville, TN
    Current Employee - Revenue Qualification Specialist in Jacksonville, TN

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a local office you get to know each other and everyone is very friendly and become like a family. Vacation, person, sick and holiday time is great!

Cons

Having a specific trainer or training period when starting or switching job titles would be a big help in learing the programs and job fuctions.

Used to be a good place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

Constant change hard to remember what is right because it is like a back and forth with changes

need to take care of the pts in non-competitive bid areas. this can have great rewards. CASH to the bottom line

Apria

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility was wonderful - communication poor.

Cons

company is very unstable - culture poor

Worst Company EVER to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fellow Co-workers, training, there really isn't much PROs to this company really... other than some of my co workers.

Cons

Undue stress and miscommunication on absolutely insane requirements, NEVER WOULD HAVE LEFT MY LAST EMPLOYMENT if I'd known the situation wasn't as understood . Seriously you get dinged for going on bathroom breaks 1-2 min. really?. They say that doesn't count against you but it does. WORST CALL CENTER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! You can't leave your desk without having to document it.

Your scare tactics does not help moral within your call centers.... rethink how your supervisors treat your employees... enough with these silly little games they play...the ones that are required to collect money and if they don't get reprimanded.... Lets say I am glad I got out!

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL - STAY AWAY!

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A few nice people at the local branch level

Cons

Horrible, inept, incapable management. Especially at the Regional level and above.

Get real. Get to know what your employees at the branch level go through on a daily basis. Restructure to attract good people and KEEP good people......and I'm NOT talking about brown nosers and "yes" men!