Apria Healthcare Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
2.1

Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• NONE, some really nice people to work with if they werent a part of management (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 23 reviews)

• Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

It's going down!!

Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will do a very important job which does allow you to take pride in what we do. Very nice size cubicles also

Cons

Everybody is everybody's friend. Company is no longer offering raises, benefits are at a "D" level.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some good people at my location. Overtime pay and a weekly on call fee are in addition to regular pay. Good experience.

Cons

No training. Sink or swim. If you do not have a seasoned employee to mentor you, you will have a tough time being successful. Management changes frequently but mostly because they came in with no healthcare experience and could not keep good staff around. 24 hour on call schedule.

Need to take inventory tracking seriously and need better communication.

Apria over last three years.

Current Employee - Revenue Qualification Specialist in Jacksonville, TN
    Current Employee - Revenue Qualification Specialist in Jacksonville, TN

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a local office you get to know each other and everyone is very friendly and become like a family. Vacation, person, sick and holiday time is great!

Cons

Having a specific trainer or training period when starting or switching job titles would be a big help in learing the programs and job fuctions.

Used to be a good place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

Constant change hard to remember what is right because it is like a back and forth with changes

need to take care of the pts in non-competitive bid areas. this can have great rewards. CASH to the bottom line

It was a good company

Former Employee - Coordinator of Hemophilia in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Coordinator of Hemophilia in Malvern, PA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping the patients and interaction with other medical professionals was always a pleasure.

Cons

Management changed hands and the department fell apart. I was the last of a department, covering the duties of four other positions. My days quickly became 10-12 hours from my normal 8 in order to try to finish the work that had to be done.

Luckily the management was fired two months after they let me go due to patients leaving and lack of provider referrals. For the new management, patients and providers are loyal to their coordinators, if the coordinator suddenly disappears, so will your business.

Great Field People whom are dedicated to serving the patients and customers

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are truly passionate and caring. They go above and beyond to make sure that the patients leave the hospital and are completely comfortable in their homes.

Cons

The corporate office, CEO, Senior Management are small minder, restrictive and lack vision for growth.

Treat the field staff and sales people better. Be honest and open with them. Allow them to do their work with your constant interference

Disappointing- it lacked leadership and m w mentoring. (This i believe is possibly due to location and being away from corporate.)

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pearl City, HI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pearl City, HI

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved tge daily interaction with the case managers and building a positive trusting relationship with them. They knew i was there to help and not just "close a sale"

Cons

Corporate structure wouldn't allow me to help some patients with trach supolie needs if it wasn't a new order that included a KFP.

Support your staff, have daily business interaction. K b ow what Corpirate has designed their job to do.

Confused Plan for Future Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a lot a intelligent and hard working personnel who drive this company. They perform important functions for a lot of deserving customers and the level of care the employees I worked with made me proud of the quality of service performed.

Cons

The overall principle of the company is fine, the path to execution is not. Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations. Many of the senior management have negligible grasp of operations, most are glorified sales reps with little to none logistics and operations background. Antiquated proprietary software systems. HR is ill equipped to handle real day to day business issues (disciplinary/Safety). Management, Branch Manager and above has been successful based on the talented workforce under them, a hard working team that is under recognized and over worked. They are expected to put in 10-12 hour days but upper management rarely works 9. Not to mention they are owned by Blackstone which made Apria nothing more than an investment.
    And frankly, for being a healthcare provider, this company offers a terrible healthcare plan for its employees.

Get a clue. You have sales personnel running an operation that realistically relies on operations much more than on Sales. A coupe very qualified Area Managers with a solid operations background lost their positions to the new process of Sales first. Really?? With the contracts in So.California there is enough work for the technicians and the sooner Management see it is because of their relationships with the CS's and decision makers than any Sales Rep will ever have.

Worst Company EVER to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fellow Co-workers, training, there really isn't much PROs to this company really... other than some of my co workers.

Cons

Undue stress and miscommunication on absolutely insane requirements, NEVER WOULD HAVE LEFT MY LAST EMPLOYMENT if I'd known the situation wasn't as understood . Seriously you get dinged for going on bathroom breaks 1-2 min. really?. They say that doesn't count against you but it does. WORST CALL CENTER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! You can't leave your desk without having to document it.

Your scare tactics does not help moral within your call centers.... rethink how your supervisors treat your employees... enough with these silly little games they play...the ones that are required to collect money and if they don't get reprimanded.... Lets say I am glad I got out!

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL - STAY AWAY!

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A few nice people at the local branch level

Cons

Horrible, inept, incapable management. Especially at the Regional level and above.

Get real. Get to know what your employees at the branch level go through on a daily basis. Restructure to attract good people and KEEP good people......and I'm NOT talking about brown nosers and "yes" men!