Apria Healthcare Reviews

Updated April 27, 2015
344 reviews filtered by
2.3
Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• NONE, some really nice people to work with if they werent a part of management (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 24 reviews)

• Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations (in 17 reviews)

1. Long ways to grow

Current Employee - Branch Logistics Supervisor in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Branch Logistics Supervisor in Farmington, NM

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Job security. Growth opportunities. Educational experience.

Cons

Too many under educated new staff making a mess of orders. Excessive processing times prevent quality customer service and growth.

Advice to Management

Create a streamlined modern order processing system. Proper analytics and data set streamlining can help you grow fast. CSR's should have a one question at a time data entry system that streamlines the order process. If anything causes a dq, the system should act as a one action at a time guide for the CSR to move forward. Our data entry systems are outdated and lack simplicity. The current generation of new employees require simplicity due to the advancements in digital technology. A new software and data share system would improve the business ten-fold.

I gained knowledge, skills, experience, network connects and a passion for home healthcare.

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The healthcare industry will never die, it simply adapts to the changing times. Apria is committed to being the best in the industry. Apria is always at the forefront of whats new in products and services related to home healthcare.

Cons

The healthcare industry is constantly changing. If you don't deal with change well, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Travel. With any major corporation you always have your local branches and "corporate". Its rare to see "corporate" at the smaller branches. In 5 years I have only see one person from the corporate office and he was only there to conduct an audit.

Former Full Time Patient Service Tech

Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in Tifton, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in Tifton, GA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was good that was about all, I had to work all of the time. When I first started the benefits were good

Cons

I was always on call never had any family time, Apria always wants you to be there for them but they don't care about you. Management has the idea you owe them for letting you work there. After they use you they will let you go

Advice to Management

Treat employees the way you want to be treated, remember they have families

Branch Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day offered a new challenge. Managers are given a lot of responsibility but also a lot of freedom to run their branch how they like.

Cons

The company has horrible revenue management and loyalty to its employees. The computer system used is difficult and antiquated. I would always lose my best employees to similar companies who offered significantly more pay for the same positions.

Advice to Management

Try to limit the amount of things you want to control in a short term period. Staff was always driven in a new direction prior to the goal of the previous task being met.

6. You work hard, to only get the pay you start with. no raises, evaluations aren't fair, management no control.

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Free coffee, pay is the best in the field, fellow workers awesome, good atmosphere

Cons

Insurance not affordable, evaluations are not fair, management no back bone, no structure, always changing with either job description or everyone has to take calls even if you're not trained

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

7. Rollercoaster

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Flexible scheduled when needed for family/appointments

Cons

becoming about the bottom line and not customer needs

Advice to Management

The reason Apria is in business is because of customers; they should be recognized with care for that.

The Inland Empire will fall under current market leader!!!!! (Just like their buildings )

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The manager that left after 21yrs & the one who still runs the high desert for with 20+ yrs of experience were/is great..free coffee and sadly that's all. Some good peeps most were fake. They trained me to sell

Cons

Market leaders in the I. E. Have all been jokes. All sales reps have left/leaving due to their bad leadership and bully approxh treatment. Shame on the V.P.'s for appointing them. Power hungry leaders with no real sales exp. Stay away at all costs! They should get reported for labor law violations. Medicare fraud, Hippa and definitely OSHA rules often broken. Sad to see the company spiral downward towards destruction. Mission statement is a joke!!!! Employees are treated like crap! Worst company I worked for in 25 yrs. if you speak up they will fire you and HR will side with mangers with no questions. They act like you have rights but at the end of the day, your just an employee #!! They will use you to their benefit. No .10 cent raises in the last couple or few years. No 401k match. Benefits suck. Objectives change month to month. Core products and comp plans do too! No spending account. (Yeah none) in sales??? Unheard of!! They Don't ever ride along with their reps to see how Apria's name is so tarnished. But they keep raising quotas!! This is only my experience in the IE. I'm sure all other territories feel the same way. BUT... I'm sure the CEO and BLACKSTONE INVESTMENTS are sleeping good at night with their salaries. "No one ever gets 5's on their evals... " JOKE!!

Advice to Management

DO EXIT INTERVIEWS ... You will learn a lot if you listen to employees leaving!!!
    Stop hiring idiots from outside the company with no experience...... YOU WORK WITH PATIENTS ... Not Automotive Parts. The CEO worked his way up the ladder. He knows what it takes to run a branch... Hire from within!!!!CCC's Will never succeed. The turn around rate should be a huge sign... Thank god I left when I did... Inland Empire gets negative stars for review.

Former Loyal Employee!!!

9. Bad Experience

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of overtime and no advancement

Cons

not enough pay and management is horrible

Advice to Management

n/a

10. sales executive

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to be many now honestly I cant think of any. Sales and liaison personal are dropping like flies.

Cons

As I said above all the employees are leaving, they seem to keep the bad ones who don't make any waves, burn out the good ones till they cant take it anymore so they quit and they just don't care. Customer service is terrible! There are too many chiefs, too many departments and the left doesn't know what the right is doing. I know change is sometimes a good thing and inevitable in healthcare but at Apria its ridiculous. Average employee works there around 6 months. Yes you have the long termers but watch out they will back stab you to maintain there positions if you get out of line. We have lost so many good employees from the Denver area branches in the last 2 years its a dam shame.

Advice to Management

They don't care anyway so why waste my time.

11. If you are looking for a normal and peaceful job, this is the place for you

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

work schedule is very flexible

Cons

some lower level management only cares about their "pet".