Apria Healthcare

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Starck

Pros
  • Good pay by the hour and the job is local deliveries(in 10 reviews)

• Good salary range, opportunities for advancement, worked with a lot of great people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system(in 22 reviews)

• Everyone is overwhelmed and all upper management cares is about numbers(in 13 reviews)

I love working there. The relationships I've build have been accomodating

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat work environment, flexible vacations, pay for tolls and reimbursement for gas

Consscheduling could be better and alot of driving between the five boroughs

Best Company to Work For

Customer Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) Littleton, CO

ProsYou wont find one single person - out of 150 employees that wouldn't stop to help out with whatever you need. The compassion and determination that each employee and management has is what makes Apria unique.. Each person is absolutely wonderful, always showing appreciation to all employees with great insurance, pay and the ability to move up in the company. Many perks but you need to take that job offer too enjoy all Apria does for their employees.

ConsThe learning curve at first can be tough, but don't let it deter you one single bit. You have a question you can literally go up to any manager and they will drop what they are doing to help or find someone to help you. With the 5 week training class they offer is hands on - and is awesome.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, Apria should be #1 on Best Place to Work in Colorado.

Pretty good job but not a good company to work for.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsFreedom to set your own schedule.

ConsNo raises in 2014 company wide. Benefits are not very good. Commission is scaled based on % to quota and full commission payout is virtually impossible to reach.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a compensation system for sales that is fair.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor business knowledge

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Jackson, TN

ProsDecent money for Jackson TN

ConsWell I applied for collections interviewed for collections and was placed in customer service lol. They really lack simple communication between boss and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be leaders and talk and help more.

Customer service needs to explain the info better to the patients.

Branch Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay. You can move up in positions quickly if you are willing to re-locate. Great people to work with. Good training. You will get your chance to shine if you put in the effort.

ConsThey will try to make your plate as full as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving our raises.

Worst job EVER!

Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt appeared while at training, other regions for this company seemed satisfied. Perhaps it was just my region that was completely dysfunctional. The training staff was helpful.

ConsPatient care is the LAST concern of this company. C'mon people, we are delivering oxygen to people that can't breath...not flat screen TVs! The management only cares about numbers which makes fellow employees distrust each other. I was hired by a great manager that was promptly fired after I signed on. I read the reviews prior to interviewing and this person really made me believe there was still good to be found in employment here. I subsequently had two other managers in my first month that were clueless.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the truth!

Apria Healthcare--Don't even bother!

Prosindependent, professional medical sales.

ConsTraining and education is left up to you. There is no support from upper management. Branch and sales are separate but yet are supposed to work together even though branch manager could care less about you even though you are making your numbers. The ASM, what a joke if you want any support, forget about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPatient care should be the number one priority, that is why we are in the healthcare field but Apria doesn't care, discuss, or want you to be concerned about the individual patient. There is no team, liaisons make the relationships and maintain the hospitals while the sales reps bank off of them. Apria has a very bad reputation amongst doctors and hospital staff.

people don't be deceived by 5 star

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Littleton, CO

Prosother than money and fairly decent benes, there are not many. some people are very nice but watch out for the butt kissers, they will back stab you to get ahead.

Consthis goes to BEST company to work for ever..LOL are you kidding me, we have the highest turn over ratio ive ever seen. management doesn't give a dam about you or me, only their precious numbers. not sure how long you have been here but they need to drug test you. ask all the 150 employees would you leave if you could? you will have about 6 left.

Advice to Senior Managementstart caring about your employees not just the ones you like. your favoritism makes us sick

Respiratory Therapist/ Tennessee former employee

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee)

Proscontact with patients and those in need of instruction for home equipment.
    Pay and benefits good prior to sell out.

ConsBack stabbing, lack of knowledgeable manager, patient care went down hill after company purchased by Blackstone.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees that really run the business at local levels.
    Corporate decisions are not good if you don't take interest in local centers.

you are just a number

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee)

Prosdecent pay and benefits (except high deductibles good dental ) no real pay raise unless you think 1% is good

ConsYou are just a number in productivity. LAYOFFS LAYOFFS LAYOFFS no one is safe. They laid off seasoned employees and managers and hired from the outside or people from different department who have no history doing their current jobs. They have no clue what they are doing. its a revolving door.

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!