Apria Healthcare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• A few nice people at the local branch level (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service isn't up the level of satisfactory (in 24 reviews)

• There is no support from upper management (in 17 reviews)

Worst job ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Pays very well. Nice location.

Cons

It seemed as though no one in the company knew their job. Management no help. Always a revolving door with employees.

2. High expectations little appreciation

Current Employee - Driver Technician in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Driver Technician in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Helping patients through the most difficult times I their lives.

Cons

Only one at my location. On call ever other week for 3 branches. Expected to run routes after scheduled hours.

Advice to Management

Show your employees some appreciation for getting you all those bonuses.

3. horrible everything.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

There are zero pros working for Apria

Cons

Bad management who is always changing.
    Have to get yelled at by costumers for the company messing up, things that are out of your control.
    Part time employee working more than full time hours.
    Always changing policies to benefit management.
    Sent to patients house in middle if the night with no call.
    Play favorites big time.
    Loud trucks with no a/c, bad heater and broken radio.
    Never know when you will.be off work.
    Poor pay, no raise.
    If they like you, you're off by 7 or 8. If not, you're not off until 11 or midnight.
    I can keep going but I'll stop here.

Company doesn't care...

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Paid training and classes to know products and services.

Cons

They give work that three people could barely do to one person and expect them to smile and thank the company for the job. They switch you job and job title when they feel like it, HR is buddies with all the managers and you can't say anything without feeling like you will lose your job, raises consist of literally 3 cents.

Advice to Management

Stop changing our job every week and adding more work loads with no raise.

The Facts

Former Employee - Customer Quality Specialist I in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Quality Specialist I in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Made some good friends and there was some stability, and my working hours were decent

Cons

The management causes widespread panic, they are always shifting managers, then the manager in my dept. played favorites and got rid of the workers she didn't like. It was rampant all over the site. Warehouse, branch, customer service, billing, Kaiser. A lot of positions were sent to Texas, so they did this blatantly. You were like an aluminum can.

Advice to Management

stay honest and remember in this world, you pay for everything

Stay away from So Cal Apria Jobs"Bad Leadership" (Market Leader) has no clue Re: Sales!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good stepping stone for other industries. But get out as soon as you can.

Cons

Bad moral, investor driven, patient care non existent. Horrible managers. They will use you and get ride of you when you speak up. Several violations taking place.

Advice to Management

Promote from with in. Your " hire from outside" approach doesn't work when dealing with people!

Customer Service Representative

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

None, supervisor did not know the systems or have a working knowledge of them.

Cons

Supervisor not very well trained on the day to day operations of the systems. Relied heavily on others to complete work for them before conference calls happened. Very unorganized and dysfunctional in how each location was run. No training beyond a week or two of shadowing other employees and then you are dumped on your own. Very poor place to work, no structure or guidelines, very by the seat of pants operation. Feel sorry for anyone else going to work there.

Advice to Management

Really look at each location and the people you have running them. I left a great job to get advancement opportunities and instead took the worst job of my life. I would never recommend this company for products or employment.

9. Terrible benefits and job misrepresentation

Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are very nice.

Cons

The health benefits are the worst I have ever seen. They only offer a super high deductible and out of pocket plan with maximum of 70% coverage not to mention the higher monthly cost than most.

It is evident that there is "favorites" being played between certain management and employees causing for a negative environment where those with less knowledge are favored.

Job description should be what you are expected to do when you are hired, however the job I was hired to do was not the job I ended up doing.

Advice to Management

You are in the healthcare industry, get better benefits packages or provide for more options such as a lower deductible with a higher monthly cost to supplement the one that effectively lowers your wage by $5-10k / year depending on family and use.

10. Delivery Technician - Wouldn

Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Driving around in the truck and not having to sit behind a desk and be bothered by phone calls and management all day long.

Cons

I worked at Apria for 7 years and I would not recommend it to anybody. The opportunity for advancement in position is slim to none and the pay doesn't go up at all. You have good employees who have been in the same position for years making $12 an hour while working nights and weekend on call. This makes your family life poor and almost non existent. I would not recommend Apria to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat employees the same way you would like to be treated. Pay employees what they deserve and give yearly raises.

Wish I hadn't signed on

Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent.

Cons

Being hired on for Customer Qualification then asked if you would consider moving to the Customer Service Team or the P24 Team. If you decline, you are removed from your work que and put in the que they want you in and revoke the tools you would need for the job you were doing before. Being told that you the employee are not an important part of Apria, all that matters is getting your order completed. Medical benefits are outrageous deductible and out of pocket are high and discount on rx doesn't kick in until you meet your deductible. You would do very well at this company if you are a drone, emotionless, non thinker, with no back bone and will jump when you are advised to. Being told that having fun at work is not allowed. Watching the company try to fix the intake and processing issues by doing a complete over haul on the wrong departments. If you do want to interview for say a manager or supervisor position don't hold your breath. You will be interviewed and will never hear anything again about it. But, you don't have to take my word for it.

Advice to Management

Start to value the employees you have as they are the ones making your money for you. These are the face of your company, invest in them, happy employees create dedication, hard work and genuine effort a want and willingness to be at work because they can take pride in the company since the company would take PRIDE IN THEM. It will shine through to your customers thus making them happy. Rethink the actions taken to address the intake process and also the order processing. Re training those that are keying the intake on the first call of what is a valid order and what is not and also setting stronger expectations for the ** accounts so a complete order can be processed. This will allow you to see just how much productivity and revenue would increase.

RSS Feed </> Embed