Apria Healthcare

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

2.2

Dan Starck

Pros
  • Good pay by the hour and the job is local deliveries (in 10 reviews)

• Good salary range, opportunities for advancement, worked with a lot of great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 22 reviews)

• Everyone is overwhelmed and all upper management cares is about numbers (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist

Pros

I met one mildly interesting person. I learned that I NEVER want to work an office job again, that having a cubicle is not cool, and that my self respect and dignity are worth more than whatever this place could offer. Honestly, working here was a good insight to the hell that most Americans put up with, and a hell that I will never participate in.

Cons

Disgustingly unqualified, uneducated management who were somehow able to snake their way to the top. This was my first professional job, but quickly realized I was far more intelligent than the people in command. A whole bunch of idiots.

There's nothing you can do because you're just a mid-level "manager" with someone breathing down your neck, and with someone above them and so on.

Terrible Place

Former Employee - Suspended Billing Representative  in  Minster, OH
    Former Employee - Suspended Billing Representative in Minster, OH

Pros

None-was a dictatorship place to work

Cons

Poor Management, no clue what was going on

Know who does the work

Potential growth but unable due to industry cuts and short term owner

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

Able to set your own schedule in many positions; once you learn the ropes, many will listen to your ideas; average benefit coverage; able to offer innovation

Cons

Lackluster management; many new hires put into positions of power without knowing what the company sells and offers; substandard staff; little investment into future growth; low salaries compared to industry; constant worry of layoffs.

Be brave and invest in growth through technology and better employees; stop second guessing every decision; stop hiring outside expensive consultants, many of your own employees know what to do to grow!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job to give you insight on the good aspects and bad aspects of corporate life.

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

Not micromanaged, flexible scheduling, great coworkers.

Cons

No room for growth, no room for raises/bonuses/merit increases, workload & type fluctuates constantly.

The incentives that you TAKE should be shared with the employees doing the work.

Worst job EVER!

Current Employee - Hospital Liaison  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Hospital Liaison in Baltimore, MD

Pros

It appeared while at training, other regions for this company seemed satisfied. Perhaps it was just my region that was completely dysfunctional. The training staff was helpful.

Cons

Patient care is the LAST concern of this company. C'mon people, we are delivering oxygen to people that can't breath...not flat screen TVs! The management only cares about numbers which makes fellow employees distrust each other. I was hired by a great manager that was promptly fired after I signed on. I read the reviews prior to interviewing and this person really made me believe there was still good to be found in employment here. I subsequently had two other managers in my first month that were clueless.

Find the truth!

I love working there. The relationships I've build have been accomodating

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in New York, NY

Pros

great work environment, flexible vacations, pay for tolls and reimbursement for gas

Cons

scheduling could be better and alot of driving between the five boroughs

Pretty good job but not a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fargo, ND

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule.

Cons

No raises in 2014 company wide. Benefits are not very good. Commission is scaled based on % to quota and full commission payout is virtually impossible to reach.

Devise a compensation system for sales that is fair.

people don't be deceived by 5 star

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO

Pros

other than money and fairly decent benes, there are not many. some people are very nice but watch out for the butt kissers, they will back stab you to get ahead.

Cons

this goes to BEST company to work for ever..LOL are you kidding me, we have the highest turn over ratio ive ever seen. management doesn't give a dam about you or me, only their precious numbers. not sure how long you have been here but they need to drug test you. ask all the 150 employees would you leave if you could? you will have about 6 left.

start caring about your employees not just the ones you like. your favoritism makes us sick

Apria Healthcare--Don't even bother!

Pros

independent, professional medical sales.

Cons

Training and education is left up to you. There is no support from upper management. Branch and sales are separate but yet are supposed to work together even though branch manager could care less about you even though you are making your numbers. The ASM, what a joke if you want any support, forget about it.

Patient care should be the number one priority, that is why we are in the healthcare field but Apria doesn't care, discuss, or want you to be concerned about the individual patient. There is no team, liaisons make the relationships and maintain the hospitals while the sales reps bank off of them. Apria has a very bad reputation amongst doctors and hospital staff.

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist  in  Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist in Littleton, CO

Pros

You wont find one single person - out of 150 employees that wouldn't stop to help out with whatever you need. The compassion and determination that each employee and management has is what makes Apria unique.. Each person is absolutely wonderful, always showing appreciation to all employees with great insurance, pay and the ability to move up in the company. Many perks but you need to take that job offer too enjoy all Apria does for their employees.

Cons

The learning curve at first can be tough, but don't let it deter you one single bit. You have a question you can literally go up to any manager and they will drop what they are doing to help or find someone to help you. With the 5 week training class they offer is hands on - and is awesome.

Keep doing what your doing, Apria should be #1 on Best Place to Work in Colorado.

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!