Apria Healthcare Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

TAKE THE JOB FOR THE EXPERIENCE THEN MOVE ON!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Apria Healthcare (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local team put heart and soul into there jobs. Organization hires talented committed employees. Some of the hardest working and devoted employees. Unfortunately the organization does not respect or appreciate their team. Bled Blue years had to walk away. SAD

Cons

Organization is flitering out alll tenured sales reps so they dont have to pay the commissions and salaries they made. A 55 to 60 % pay cut went from making 130,000 per year to if Lucky 50,000. New reps are being hired in at 24,000. If you are new to sales take the job for the experience then move on. The new base pay of 24,000 is a joke for the MANY HATS you will wear to be successful. Goals are no longer attainable to make $$$$$. I guess you can still live at home with mom and dad ! Right!

Advice to Management

If wouldnt make a difference to give advise. You will learn from your mistakes when you loose all of your talent.

The Facts

Former Employee - Customer Quality Specialist I in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Quality Specialist I in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time

Pros

Made some good friends and there was some stability, and my working hours were decent

Cons

The management causes widespread panic, they are always shifting managers, then the manager in my dept. played favorites and got rid of the workers she didn't like. It was rampant all over the site. Warehouse, branch, customer service, billing, Kaiser. A lot of positions were sent to Texas, so they did this blatantly. You were like an aluminum can.

Advice to Management

stay honest and remember in this world, you pay for everything

Stay away from So Cal Apria Jobs"Bad Leadership" (Market Leader) has no clue Re: Sales!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good stepping stone for other industries. But get out as soon as you can.

Cons

Bad moral, investor driven, patient care non existent. Horrible managers. They will use you and get ride of you when you speak up. Several violations taking place.

Advice to Management

Promote from with in. Your " hire from outside" approach doesn't work when dealing with people!

5. slave labor

Former Employee - Branch Logistics Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Logistics Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is a new challenge.

Cons

No support from upper management. They will always get there numbers. No matter the cost or labor.

Advice to Management

Listen to the personnel actually doing the backbreaking work and long hours.

Customer Service Representative

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

None, supervisor did not know the systems or have a working knowledge of them.

Cons

Supervisor not very well trained on the day to day operations of the systems. Relied heavily on others to complete work for them before conference calls happened. Very unorganized and dysfunctional in how each location was run. No training beyond a week or two of shadowing other employees and then you are dumped on your own. Very poor place to work, no structure or guidelines, very by the seat of pants operation. Feel sorry for anyone else going to work there.

Advice to Management

Really look at each location and the people you have running them. I left a great job to get advancement opportunities and instead took the worst job of my life. I would never recommend this company for products or employment.

7. Terrible benefits and job misrepresentation

Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are very nice.

Cons

The health benefits are the worst I have ever seen. They only offer a super high deductible and out of pocket plan with maximum of 70% coverage not to mention the higher monthly cost than most.

It is evident that there is "favorites" being played between certain management and employees causing for a negative environment where those with less knowledge are favored.

Job description should be what you are expected to do when you are hired, however the job I was hired to do was not the job I ended up doing.

Advice to Management

You are in the healthcare industry, get better benefits packages or provide for more options such as a lower deductible with a higher monthly cost to supplement the one that effectively lowers your wage by $5-10k / year depending on family and use.

overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Transportation Lead in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Transportation Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never boring, great co workers, get to meet some really great people

Cons

low pay, lack of advancement opportunities..pitiful raises, high stress long hours. Very high turnover rate..

Advice to Management

treat people as your number one priority

9. Delivery Technician - Wouldn

Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Patient Service Technician in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Driving around in the truck and not having to sit behind a desk and be bothered by phone calls and management all day long.

Cons

I worked at Apria for 7 years and I would not recommend it to anybody. The opportunity for advancement in position is slim to none and the pay doesn't go up at all. You have good employees who have been in the same position for years making $12 an hour while working nights and weekend on call. This makes your family life poor and almost non existent. I would not recommend Apria to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat employees the same way you would like to be treated. Pay employees what they deserve and give yearly raises.

Long ways to grow

Current Employee - Branch Logistics Supervisor in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Branch Logistics Supervisor in Farmington, NM

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Job security. Growth opportunities. Educational experience.

Cons

Too many under educated new staff making a mess of orders. Excessive processing times prevent quality customer service and growth.

Advice to Management

Create a streamlined modern order processing system. Proper analytics and data set streamlining can help you grow fast. CSR's should have a one question at a time data entry system that streamlines the order process. If anything causes a dq, the system should act as a one action at a time guide for the CSR to move forward. Our data entry systems are outdated and lack simplicity. The current generation of new employees require simplicity due to the advancements in digital technology. A new software and data share system would improve the business ten-fold.

Wish I hadn't signed on

Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent.

Cons

Being hired on for Customer Qualification then asked if you would consider moving to the Customer Service Team or the P24 Team. If you decline, you are removed from your work que and put in the que they want you in and revoke the tools you would need for the job you were doing before. Being told that you the employee are not an important part of Apria, all that matters is getting your order completed. Medical benefits are outrageous deductible and out of pocket are high and discount on rx doesn't kick in until you meet your deductible. You would do very well at this company if you are a drone, emotionless, non thinker, with no back bone and will jump when you are advised to. Being told that having fun at work is not allowed. Watching the company try to fix the intake and processing issues by doing a complete over haul on the wrong departments. If you do want to interview for say a manager or supervisor position don't hold your breath. You will be interviewed and will never hear anything again about it. But, you don't have to take my word for it.

Advice to Management

Start to value the employees you have as they are the ones making your money for you. These are the face of your company, invest in them, happy employees create dedication, hard work and genuine effort a want and willingness to be at work because they can take pride in the company since the company would take PRIDE IN THEM. It will shine through to your customers thus making them happy. Rethink the actions taken to address the intake process and also the order processing. Re training those that are keying the intake on the first call of what is a valid order and what is not and also setting stronger expectations for the ** accounts so a complete order can be processed. This will allow you to see just how much productivity and revenue would increase.

RSS Feed </> Embed