Apria Healthcare

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
2.2

Dan Starck

Pros
  • good pay compared with the big L or others who are about to go out of business R (in 11 reviews)

• NONE, some really nice people to work with if they werent a part of management (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • They are deleting its customer service staff to switch to phone button system (in 24 reviews)

• Upper Management do not have a define path to success through operations (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

A totally confused company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any good points with Apria

Cons

Nasty people to work for. Totally unorganized management system. Never any follow through on any plan of action.

Clean house. Get rid of upper management. Do your homework and hire real business leaders. Its too bad your patients are so unhappy with your service.

Run, do not walk, away from this company!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Telecommuting possible, reliable paycheck, paid personal and sick time that accrues with every pay period. Paid vacation.

Cons

Apria is a company desperately trying to adapt to the ever changing Medicare landscape and failing miserably at it. They put policies in place one week and change them the next. Employees are supposed to adapt on the fly and work on accounts when they aren't even sure what the "policy of the day" is. Be prepared for an endless stream of emails, meetings, and FYI moments every day just to remind you of the changes from the day before.
    This is a company that truly operates on the "do more with less" principle....read that to mean....Our CEO makes 3 million a year, but you aren't getting a raise this year. It also means that we are installing not one, not two, but three systems to make sure you are working every minute of the day. (all under the guise of "staffing concerns"). It means continual pleas for "voluntary" overtime to keep up with unreasonable upper management demands.
    This company is a real life example of Einstein's theory of insanity....Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. In short, if you have any other choice for employment....take it.

START OVER! Take a hard look at your policies. Your employees are people, not numbers on a spreadsheet. There is a reason your attrition rate is one of the highest in the industry. You cannot continue to use people to their breaking point and beyond with no reward. You have created a business that runs on an atmosphere of fear among your employees.

Pretty good job but not a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule.

Cons

No raises in 2014 company wide. Benefits are not very good. Commission is scaled based on % to quota and full commission payout is virtually impossible to reach.

Devise a compensation system for sales that is fair.

I love working there. The relationships I've build have been accomodating

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great work environment, flexible vacations, pay for tolls and reimbursement for gas

Cons

scheduling could be better and alot of driving between the five boroughs

Good first job to give you insight on the good aspects and bad aspects of corporate life.

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not micromanaged, flexible scheduling, great coworkers.

Cons

No room for growth, no room for raises/bonuses/merit increases, workload & type fluctuates constantly.

The incentives that you TAKE should be shared with the employees doing the work.

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You wont find one single person - out of 150 employees that wouldn't stop to help out with whatever you need. The compassion and determination that each employee and management has is what makes Apria unique.. Each person is absolutely wonderful, always showing appreciation to all employees with great insurance, pay and the ability to move up in the company. Many perks but you need to take that job offer too enjoy all Apria does for their employees.

Cons

The learning curve at first can be tough, but don't let it deter you one single bit. You have a question you can literally go up to any manager and they will drop what they are doing to help or find someone to help you. With the 5 week training class they offer is hands on - and is awesome.

Keep doing what your doing, Apria should be #1 on Best Place to Work in Colorado.

Horrible

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I met one mildly interesting person. I learned that I NEVER want to work an office job again, that having a cubicle is not cool, and that my self respect and dignity are worth more than whatever this place could offer. Honestly, working here was a good insight to the hell that most Americans put up with, and a hell that I will never participate in.

Cons

Disgustingly unqualified, uneducated management who were somehow able to snake their way to the top. This was my first professional job, but quickly realized I was far more intelligent than the people in command. A whole bunch of idiots.

There's nothing you can do because you're just a mid-level "manager" with someone breathing down your neck, and with someone above them and so on.

Terrible Place

Former Employee - Suspended Billing Representative in Minster, OH
    Former Employee - Suspended Billing Representative in Minster, OH

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None-was a dictatorship place to work

Cons

Poor Management, no clue what was going on

Know who does the work

Poor business knowledge

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, TN

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent money for Jackson TN

Cons

Well I applied for collections interviewed for collections and was placed in customer service lol. They really lack simple communication between boss and employees.

Learn how to be leaders and talk and help more.

Customer service needs to explain the info better to the patients.

Current Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator
    Current Employee - Branch Logistics Coordinator

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay. You can move up in positions quickly if you are willing to re-locate. Great people to work with. Good training. You will get your chance to shine if you put in the effort.

Cons

They will try to make your plate as full as possible.

Keep giving our raises.