Aprima Medical Software Reviews

Updated February 3, 2015
2 reviews filtered by
1.0
CEO

Not what I thought it would be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Aprima Medical Software

Pros

Very few, but met a lot of really nice people.

Cons

No training on company products. Very separated from other teams. Home office is old and in need of a remodel. Many managers work remotely leading to a lack of connection and training.

Focus on team building and becoming more modern in your business tactics.

Extremely Dissatisfied With Training and Supervision

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Richardson, TX

I worked at Aprima Medical Software part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health Care Strategies/Aprima RCM is located in Richardson, Texas. The location is in a pleasant area near Dallas, Texas. The company allows for flexible work schedules. Employees are permitted to dress business casual or casual. Once a month is employee appreciation day.

Cons

The training and supervision at Health Care Strategies (medical billing and coding division) is severely disappointing and offensive. The first few months on the job I had to depend on my busy and overwhelmed co-workers to train me on nearly everything which was inefficient and unpleasant. I received no formal training on resolving customer complaints therefore patients and customers have complained in detail about the poor customer service.

The medical billing and coding software called Aprima takes too long to learn and master which can take a few months. The work is very fast-paced and excessive for the given time-windows and for me the software was unhelpful, inefficient, and not user friendly nor did it simplify complicated billing procedures.

Management in my department are duplicitous and set me up to fail several times. My work projects were poorly scrutinized by someone unqualified to do so, policies were changed or not followed, mixed messages were executed on a regular basis, I have been made to look inconsistent, those supportive of me were discredited, a hostile environment of confusion and unfairness was created, and I was given projects that I had not been thoroughly prepared to assume leading to misunderstandings, mistakes, and failures. Management withholds recognition, encouragement, and pertinent information regarding deadlines which causes a vicious cycle of poor productivity and a hostile work environment.

I believe that I cannot have personal or professional growth at this disappointing corporation. Furthermore, I believe that I experienced constructive discharge.

Management need to learn labor laws and anti-discrimination laws. They desperately need to learn new management skill sets. The vice-presidents need to fire unproductive supervisors.