AptarGroup

AptarGroup Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

AptarGroup President, CEO, Director, and Member of Executive Committee Stephen J. Hagge

Stephen J. Hagge

Great Place to Work!

Prosi worked in Mukwonago, WI plant and loved the atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. The employees are relaxed and hard working. Everyone is treated with the utmost respect and all the employees are valued.

ConsSometimes I would say the company spends their money too loosely. While this can be viewed as a negative I dont think it is. There are lots of lunches and free product giveaways which I think keep employees very happy.

Company culture changing to a cut throat environment. No core values. Older workers should watch their backs.

Stratford, CT

Prosthe people who work in Stratford are a good team and dedicated to the success of the business. Some really talented individuals.

ConsThe moral compass of the company needs to be questioned. Recent promotions are to the same people that are the 'party people', going out drinking every week with the boss. Senior leaders need to set a better example for the rest of the organization. What was once a good company has deteriorated so much with the current management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new leadership team in NA

Good People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood group of people to work with

ConsLow pay, lack of advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to value the employees more.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Congers, NY

Prosgood environiment, good benefits and opportunities

Consnothing really wrong, management was good

Advice to Senior Managementno advice

Good job, room to advance if you show initiative

Machine Operator/Production Inspector (Current Employee)
    Mukwonago, WI

ProsThe job pays well compared to other companies in the plastic injection molding industry and if you show interest and are a good worker there is opportunity to advance in the company. There is very little turnover and most of the senior management has been with the company for over 20 years and most started in entry level positions.

ConsIf you are going to be working on the production floor the hours are long (12 hour shifts). Also, as a production floor employee, I feel that it is very difficult to get the mangers to take floor workers ideas for improvement seriously. The plant feels like it is segregated by office workers and production floor workers. Also the HR department is awful, the worst I have ever worked with, they are rude and rarely get things done correctly the first time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should take ideas for improvement from production floor workers more seriously, I mean we are the ones that spend 40+ hours a week on the floor, we have a lot of good ideas.

machine operator, packaging, labeling

Machine Operator (Former Employee)
    Torrington, CT

Prosbeing hired after temp contract termed the rate of pay increased by 4.00 per hour more.

ConsI would really rather not say

Values employees and good opportunities

ProsHeadquarters is located in Crystal Lake, making it an easy commute, and love the people that work there. One of the best things about the company is that everyone is very friendly.

ConsPay is a bit low for what the market is, at least in the IS department, but this seems to be getting better.

Rating of Aptar Pharma Facility in NY

Congers, NY

ProsGreat experience working here with the people. A very clean and well organized facility far more better than an actual pharmaceutical/ drug manufacturing company. Coworkers and peers too are very friendly.

ConsSalary/ pay is not at the par as compared to other pharmaceutical/medical device/packaging companies. Expect around the less than average rate. Insurance benefits are not the great either.

A great company. If there were advancement opportunities I would have stayed

IT Manager (Former Employee)
    Crystal Lake, IL

ProsHQ is still very much a family feel. It's a F1000 company that hasn't forgotten that employees are key to its success.

ConsIn some departments, it's difficult to advance simply because people rarely leave Aptar. If you arrived at the right moment, you'll have a long and great career.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that there are opportunities for advancement. Talk to your managers not just your directors to find out their thoughts.

A good experience at an international company

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Congers, NY

ProsAble to work autonomously; no micro-managing. High level of responsibility and management allows you to take control. Management is available when needed. Pay was very good although every penny was earned. Good opportunities for traveling abroad although you're flying coach. Excellent opportunity to work with varied cultures.

ConsNot a high level of trust between co-workers. Small office environment with a "fishbowl" feel. No women in executive positions. Cultural differences can cause tension, and drama-loving employees can exacerbate these differences.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the biggest fallacies corporations fall prey to is promoting an employee based on how well he/she performs the current position and/or length of time employee has been with the company. It's remarkable how many excellent managers work within Aptar, and it's remarkable how many mediocre managers work within Aptar. Aim higher with your management team; ensure consistent excellence. You've got very talented people working for you; don't allow politics to determine who climbs highest.

Worked for AptarGroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AptarGroup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AptarGroup CEO Stephen J. Hagge. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by AptarGroup employees.