AptarGroup Reviews

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
3.5

AptarGroup President, CEO, Director, and Member of Executive Committee Stephen J. Hagge
Stephen J. Hagge

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at AptarGroup as an intern

Pros

i worked in Mukwonago, WI plant and loved the atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. The employees are relaxed and hard working. Everyone is treated with the utmost respect and all the employees are valued.

Cons

Sometimes I would say the company spends their money too loosely. While this can be viewed as a negative I dont think it is. There are lots of lunches and free product giveaways which I think keep employees very happy.

a company for your work life

Current Employee - O&C
    Current Employee - O&C

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good and friendly environment, everybody knows what must to do and you can talk with your chief if yu have some problem

Cons

nothing to say, after 5 years I haven't cons

Accounting Intern - Aptar Beauty & Home - Stratford, CT

Former Employee - Accounting Intern  in  Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Stratford, CT

I worked at AptarGroup part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible with students. Management is patient when training their interns. Work is challenging, but provides excellent learning opportunities for entry level accountants.

Cons

Deadlines can be a bit stressful, especially on new projects.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a great company to work for.

I have been working at AptarGroup

Pros

They have a good retirement package

Cons

promotions, very hard to increase your pay

think about. generational. Hiring bring in young talent and nuture them

Good People

I worked at AptarGroup

Pros

Good group of people to work with

Cons

Low pay, lack of advancement

Upper Management needs to value the employees more.

Good job, room to advance if you show initiative

Current Employee - Machine Operator/Production Inspector  in  Mukwonago, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator/Production Inspector in Mukwonago, WI

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The job pays well compared to other companies in the plastic injection molding industry and if you show interest and are a good worker there is opportunity to advance in the company. There is very little turnover and most of the senior management has been with the company for over 20 years and most started in entry level positions.

Cons

If you are going to be working on the production floor the hours are long (12 hour shifts). Also, as a production floor employee, I feel that it is very difficult to get the mangers to take floor workers ideas for improvement seriously. The plant feels like it is segregated by office workers and production floor workers. Also the HR department is awful, the worst I have ever worked with, they are rude and rarely get things done correctly the first time.

The management should take ideas for improvement from production floor workers more seriously, I mean we are the ones that spend 40+ hours a week on the floor, we have a lot of good ideas.

Values employees and good opportunities

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Headquarters is located in Crystal Lake, making it an easy commute, and love the people that work there. One of the best things about the company is that everyone is very friendly.

Cons

Pay is a bit low for what the market is, at least in the IS department, but this seems to be getting better.

Rating of Aptar Pharma Facility in NY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Congers, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Congers, NY

I have been working at AptarGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience working here with the people. A very clean and well organized facility far more better than an actual pharmaceutical/ drug manufacturing company. Coworkers and peers too are very friendly.

Cons

Salary/ pay is not at the par as compared to other pharmaceutical/medical device/packaging companies. Expect around the less than average rate. Insurance benefits are not the great either.

A great company. If there were advancement opportunities I would have stayed

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at AptarGroup

Pros

HQ is still very much a family feel. It's a F1000 company that hasn't forgotten that employees are key to its success.

Cons

In some departments, it's difficult to advance simply because people rarely leave Aptar. If you arrived at the right moment, you'll have a long and great career.

Make sure that there are opportunities for advancement. Talk to your managers not just your directors to find out their thoughts.

A good experience at an international company

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Congers, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Congers, NY

I worked at AptarGroup

Pros

Able to work autonomously; no micro-managing. High level of responsibility and management allows you to take control. Management is available when needed. Pay was very good although every penny was earned. Good opportunities for traveling abroad although you're flying coach. Excellent opportunity to work with varied cultures.

Cons

Not a high level of trust between co-workers. Small office environment with a "fishbowl" feel. No women in executive positions. Cultural differences can cause tension, and drama-loving employees can exacerbate these differences.

One of the biggest fallacies corporations fall prey to is promoting an employee based on how well he/she performs the current position and/or length of time employee has been with the company. It's remarkable how many excellent managers work within Aptar, and it's remarkable how many mediocre managers work within Aptar. Aim higher with your management team; ensure consistent excellence. You've got very talented people working for you; don't allow politics to determine who climbs highest.

Worked for AptarGroup? Contribute to the Community!