www.aptaracorp.com

Updated November 19, 2014
2.5

Aptara President Bill Penders
Bill Penders

Pros
  • Work life balance, good for freshers, tense free job, managers are employee centric (in 8 reviews)

• Good company for E learning domain (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, top management not aware of ground realities, freedom, (in 4 reviews)

• Too much work pressure, not employee friendly, no work-life balance, shifts, Saturdays working (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Aptara is a great place to learn if you tap into right opportunities.

I worked at Aptara

Pros

Aptara is a great place to learn if you tap into right opportunities.

Cons

Canteen and food arrangements for employees.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Aptara full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top Notch management. Professional Environment. Good people. Good growth opportunities. Good HR policy. Good benefits. Good brand equity. Fun place to work

Cons

Average salary. Small size company.

Beware of Aptara

Former Employee - Peer Review in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Peer Review in Boston, MA

I worked at Aptara as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none.
    Less than a 1/2 star!

Cons

Refusal to pay contract.
    Absymal management.
    NO ORGANIZATION OR ACCOUNTABILITY WHAT SO EVER.
    Stay far, far, away from this company.

Shut the doors and sell.

Used, abused and discarded

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Aptara full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great colleagues, a wide variety of projects, interesting challenges

Cons

No professional development available, continually declining wages and greater demands on personal time, no job security, no respect for expertise.

Aptara is all money and no heart.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aptara

Pros

The Los Angeles office is located right across the street from a public library that you can visit during lunch to look for a job somewhere else, or if you feel like taking a walk there is a park across the street too.

Cons

Unprofessional and immature conduct from some people in middle management. Many talented individuals in the U.S. and India have left the company for work elsewhere. Incredibly high turnover rate in India, yet management is moving more and more jobs out of the United States to India. The Los Angeles office is located in a really lousy location in Commerce, CA.

Concentrate more on caring for employees and keeping jobs in the U.S. offices.

okay company for freshers but not for talented persons

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I worked at Aptara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

neutral company for freshers and okay working ambiance

Cons

1) No work life balance and no values for employees

2) No lead or PM’s have clear idea about what other teams is doing and how the final out put will be, they are just beating around the bush.

3) Salary is not up the market standard and we need to bargain at the time of HR interview to get a better pay. There’s a huge cutting from salary, around Rs.4500/- is deducted from salary and when comparing there will be huge difference between CTC and net salary, and cutting particulars is not clearly mentioned in pay in slip, if we ask about the same to HR they will bubble our head with some rocket science and we will not understand anything. They even charge Rs.40/- for tea and coffee whereas other companies these stuff for free

4) Appraisal scale is very poor, it was just Rs.800/- to Rs.1200/- last year

5) As part of cost cutting terminates employees saying silly reasons and that too without giving any breathing time

6) No promotions is given even if you work there for several years

7) No proper over time compensation is provided

8) In-house politics is another big crab

need to work on salary and appraisal scale

Unpredictable Layoffs - Join on your own risk

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Aptara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Huh! work culture like other similar companies, lot of pressure when have work but once you don't have work then your are very much in trouble.

Cons

They even don't have bench, although people who are working on a project also have tension. No more hiring; only contract positions are open as of now.

Should make a process where employee shouldn't suffer.

Work life and salary payment

Former Employee - Senior Strategic Accounts Director in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I worked at Aptara full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only plus I saw in the company is that they mostly hire fresher employees who don't even have a graduation degree so that it wont make much different even if they resign the job as it is for sure and the business goes on as usual.

Cons

The worst company I have ever heard and worked for. Figured out the same just within a week of joining. It is can been felt easily starting from the reception of the office. No wonder why, its is considered among the bottom most companies in Technopark campus, Trivandrum. I suggest it to be the never work company in your lifetime. Hell of a kind of management as you cannot get your answered regarding anything anywhere. Every person having the authority guides you to some other person whether he may be able to clear your doubt or not. Politics is at its height (I literally felt like I joined some political party rather than a corporate office). I didn't feel professionalism anywhere in the office, be it the company CEO or your own project manager. No new comer to the company can stay there for more than 4-5 months. That is what the system is like. My seniors acted like some political leader all the time. Starting from my colleagues to my immediate manager everybody was seriously keeping a tight watch on the thing that no employee who does sing the songs their way stays in the company for long time. So whoever we are, whatever background we come from; we need to change ourselves to their likings like a stag performer/entertainer. Coming to the work amount, there is literally no work in the office to work for more than 1-2 hours on a daily basis. And so this is thing which makes the way for all the other things other than work in the office. Employees start gossiping, making up stories and bullying newly joined employee/s in the free time which is normally 6-7 hours on a daily basis. I just felt like I was into some market for the 8 hours I worked there daily. And this is what everyone would feel who would join Aptara after working at an average professional company. Talking about the salary they are never paid on time. I know some of my colleagues whose final settlement salaries have not been paid off even after 6-8 months of the resignation date. They have been getting postponed dates only so that Aptara can keep the money with themselves. Some of them have already filed cases for the fraud in the employees court. Further, I have seen at least 1-2 employees resigning their jobs daily, only other than the week offs. Hope you know now why are all of them resigning. Why is the government still not cancelling the license of the company?? They are are playing with our futures and careers. I hope the brief explanation would have given you an idea of the company and its fraud doing.

I don't have any advice for the company. As I had already informed all the issues to the management and I damn sure that they wont care about the same.

Average company with decent work culture

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at Aptara full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good learning
    Skill training
    Support from middle management

Cons

No long term vision
    Micro management where it is not needed
    Below average appraisal
    Bad work life balance

Got a good start as a fresher and served 3 good years

Former Employee - Senior Multimedia Programmer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Multimedia Programmer in Pune (India)

I worked at Aptara full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive managers, good technical trainings, opportunity for freshers, good senior management, fair compensation, good cultural activities and some parties, good work space , no software/hardware issues, good location

Cons

Lot of late nights even for ladies, unplanned deliveries, tight timelines, lack of proper planning and task assignment., Work came on ad hoc basis

No comments